There are 353 users in the forums

Harbaugh having heart procedure

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
LOL only Harbaugh would head out to practice after a heart procedure

you could not kill him even by driving a stake through his heart

Harbaugh can only be killed by another immortal. "There can be only one!"
Couldn't find anything printed, but did hear on ESPN this a.m. that Coach was taken to the hosptial with Lt chest pain. So not only could the blood (and oxygen) flow to the brain be compromised, but that sounds like blood flow to the heart muscle was compromised. It sounds like he had cardioversion( an electric shock sent to the heart specifically placed and timed) to cause the heart to revert to normal rhythm. If he was at the facility yesterday, it appears it was successful. It is a warning sign tho, in a very fit 49 yr old in a job where on the scale of 0-10 , the stress level is about, oh, 15. The only thing this does is make me wonder about the future. I am certain he was told to get rest and reduce stress...that is actually funny when told to one of the very best NFL coaches. Man I hope he can reduce stress and ease off, but that is in contradistinction to what he actually does. Ouch. Good news that he is doing well, bad news is that this happened.
Originally posted by battletowin:
even carroll tweeting about harbaugh heart procedure

Sending out best wishes to Jim Harbaugh for a quick recovery... Get well soon, we gotta alotta ball games left!

@PeteCarroll

he can still go f**k himself, he probably wishes this was more serious so he could beat the 49ers again
I hope they keep a watchful eye on coach harbaugh , heart issues is nothing to f**k around with
New baby, Willis and the Def getting lazy and the stress of knowing backup CK might have to start vs a good bears defense if AS can't play doesn't help... 6-3-1 and Seattle taking over the division lead isn't good at all. Tough times ahead.
[ Edited by MrTruth on Nov 16, 2012 at 8:47 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
I hope they keep a watchful eye on coach harbaugh , heart issues is nothing to f**k around with

esp if what the doc said was true that they had to zap him to get his heart calmed down. i guess it would do no good for someone to try to tell him to set up stairs in the booth sunday of course that would mean our special teams coach would be in charge of the team on game day

esp if what the doc said was true that they had to zap him to get his heart calmed down. i guess it would do no good for someone to try to tell him to set up stairs in the booth sunday of course that would mean our special teams coach would be in charge of the team on game day

thats what scares me , having to hit him with the paddles to get his ticker working correctly is pretty serious , I personally would put him in the booth , but something tells me he would rip that booth to shreds trying to get out , coach strikes me as a stubborn dude who will always say "I'm ok" , even if he is not right

oh that would be exciting that way we can be unprepared on all 3 sides of the ball
  • Morsh
  • Veteran

thats what scares me , having to hit him with the paddles to get his ticker working correctly is pretty serious , I personally would put him in the booth , but something tells me he would rip that booth to shreds trying to get out , coach strikes me as a stubborn dude who will always say "I'm ok" , even if he is not right

Ive known people who have had that done, they went back to their normal lives with no problems. Its not as a big of a deal as some of you are making it out to be.
Originally posted by MrTruth:
New baby, Willis and the Def getting lazy and the stress of knowing backup CK might have to start vs a good bears defense if AS can't play doesn't help... 6-3-1 and Seattle taking over the division lead isn't good at all. Tough times ahead.

Seattle taking over the lead with 4 losses while we would only have 3 makes a lot sense
[ Edited by sincalfaithful on Nov 16, 2012 at 8:54 AM ]

Seattle taking over the lead with 4 losses while we would only have 3 makes a lot sense

If 9ers stay at 6 wins and Seattle go to 7 wins... Don't forget the 9ers still has to play Seattle at Seattle 12/23 and faced their 12th man.
[ Edited by MrTruth on Nov 16, 2012 at 8:57 AM ]
Originally posted by Morsh:

Ive known people who have had that done, they went back to their normal lives with no problems. Its not as a big of a deal as some of you are making it out to be.

personally , I'm all for playing it safe , and I'm sure "some" people go right back to living a normal life, but I also know others that had to get that procedure done more than once, due to the heart slipping back into an irregular heart beat , my dad included , so I'm hoping they dont take it lightly , as I said , Heart issues are nothing to f*ck around with
Originally posted by MrTruth:

If 9ers stay at 6 wins and Seattle go to 7 wins... Don't forget the 9ers still has to play Seattle at Seattle 12/23 and faced their 12th man.

f**k the 12th man!
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
sometimes you just need a little kickstart.

A lot of people live with A-Fib. It can cause problems if you are not being treated for it but it is something that you can live with as long as your properly medicated. If he keeps going into the rhythm im sure there's going to come a time when getting shocked back into a normal rhythm is just not practical and he will have to start taking meds. In an ideal world you wouldn't want problems with any part of your heart, but if i were told to pick a problem to have with my heart it would be a-fib.
Share 49ersWebzone