LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

Is this season a dissappointment if we don't win the superbowl

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is this season a dissappointment if we don't win the superbowl

• BobS
  • Veteran
Super Bowl? That's a laugh, we don't have the Buc's in 2002 defense, or the Raven's 2000 defense which would be what is needed to win it all with our pedestrian offense. We also have an ultra conservative coach who will never take risks that need to be taken to beat a better team.
It's Super Bowl or bust.

Harbaugh isn't going fired, Alex isn't getting replaced if we don't win it all, but anything short of the SB is a huge letdown. The talents there.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Nov 14, 2012 at 8:16 PM ]
Originally posted by ajl49sf:
every season we don't win the SB is a disappointment.

This
I think it has to be yes. Last year was magical, and while it sucked not winning the SB, it was a successful season. Growing up watching the Niners, any year that didnt end with a title was considered a failure
This is not a Super Bowl team. Do you see Super Bowl teams with Special Teams and Offense like our team?
Not winning a playoff game would be a disappointment.

If we win one game and then either lose to one of the other juggernauts in the NFC or lose in the Super Bowl, its not going to be a disappointment.

Disappointment for me: one and done!
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
This is not a Super Bowl team. Do you see Super Bowl teams with Special Teams and Offense like our team?

No - because we run the ball exceptionally well.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

No - because we run the ball exceptionally well.

I've never seen a Super Bowl team with as bad of a passing game and as bad of a special teams as we have in my entire life.
if we dont win the superbowl this year it just makes last year hurt more because i think last years niners would wipe their asses with this years. theyre just not the same. defense is getting punked, special teams has been s**tty, the offense looks better but the rest of the team regressed.
More than ever, mate

I voted No just because the fact we were pretty awful before Harbaugh got here, and I'm pretty happy to just be there again.
After last season's loss, i was in a state of shock, followed by deep depression. The next 3 months were a blur. If we were to lose today I'll be pissed, if we lose in the SB, I'll be disappointed but after cooling down Ild be very happy.
We finally found our QB.
no more QB competitions, controversey, throws under buses and thousands of worthless threads on the topic- this season is a huge success.
no but it will be a massive disappointment to not make th ebig game
Originally posted by BobS:
Super Bowl? That's a laugh, we don't have the Buc's in 2002 defense, or the Raven's 2000 defense which would be what is needed to win it all with our pedestrian offense. We also have an ultra conservative coach who will never take risks that need to be taken to beat a better team.

I felt the same way before the gift from the high heavens named Colin Kaepernick arrived!

Not anymore though. Sky is the motherf**king limit with CK7 leading the way!!
no one dreams of losing the superbowl.
Share 49ersWebzone