LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 289 users in the forums

Is this season a dissappointment if we don't win the superbowl

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is this season a dissappointment if we don't win the superbowl

This season is definitely win the Super Bowl or bust. Maybe not to the extent that Harbaugh needs to win it to keep his job though. That's next year.
Originally posted by TinyHandsBigHeart:
This season is definitely win the Super Bowl or bust. Maybe not to the extent that Harbaugh needs to win it to keep his job though. That's next year.

LOL
[ Edited by 80sbaby24 on Nov 14, 2012 at 2:41 PM ]
Okay if we get KO'ed in the wildcard round I blame you sus
YES
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Okay if we get KO'ed in the wildcard round I blame you sus

and I'll blame #11.
it's ALWAYS a disappointment when we don't win the Super Bowl.

Admittedly, I am not nearly as confident of us winning it as I was at the beginning of the season.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
this is it. next year we'll be an average team at best.
Huge disappointment, only a superbowl will make me happy.
Yes. Disappointment awaits all but one...
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:

LOL

If a HC can't win a Super Bowl in 3 years with Super Bowl level talent (barring extenuating circumstances like injury), then he probably never will. If your coach isn't good enough to win the SB, why keep him around? You're just wasting your and your fan's time.

If the road goes through us again this year, I will be extremely disappointed if we don't at least make a SB appearance, but if we have to go on the road to get there and knocked out by a worthy opponent (Falcons/Packers/Giants), it won't hurt as much. I agree with many here that the talent is there, but I truly believe teams have figured us out, and the O will have to carry us deep into the playoffs moreso than our D. It's not going to get any easier in 2013/2014 either. Blew our shot in 2011 if ya ask me That was set up for us to go all the way, and we tripped up AT HOME.

No excuses if everyone has to come through The Stick again...

On another note, I will be more than PO'd if a team like the Cowboys/Seahawks/Colts/Bengals/Chargers/Saints/Vikes somehow find a way into the playoffs, get hot, and not only knock us out, but also make a SB appearance
at first i thought we would be a sure fire superbowl winner, now im thinking nfc championship would be the best we get to this season, last years team just seemed more dominant for some reason. I don't know if we could beat falcons or giants in the playoffs , anyone else i feel confident we can, but even greenbay catching fire now.

I don't think they'll pull a Mooch on Jim if he's winning the division and making the playoffs in each of his first 3 years. If he pulls an Andy Reid in the NFCCG appearances and loses a bunch in a row, then maybe I can see talk of replacement but I honestly think he's here for the full contracted 5-year plan win or lose, and after that we'll see, but I believe he'll probably be here between 7-10 years based on performance.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
at first i thought we would be a sure fire superbowl winner, now im thinking nfc championship would be the best we get to this season, last years team just seemed more dominant for some reason. I don't know if we could beat falcons or giants in the playoffs , anyone else i feel confident we can, but even greenbay catching fire now.

We've created higher expectations for the team from what they did last year, so it's hard to accept anything less going forward, it's just the nature of it. Jim has set the bar pretty high with 13-3 last year and a NFCCG appearance, so we'll see how the FO reacts if we're say one and done this season. Fans will call for his head, especially if it's his decisions that cost us a playoff game as opposed to on the field player performance.
I stopped believing we would win the Superbowl when we faced teams with both legitimate defense and offense such as the NYG game when we got our asses handed to us. We are so far away from that type of performance. It reminds me of the whooping we got against the Ravens last year. Remember all that pressure and all those sacks? We've definitely declined from last year overall. I look at Baltimore, Texans, Broncos, NYG, Falcons, and out of all of those teams we don't compare offensively. We compare defensively, but not offensively. Don't talk to me about stats because they are not the end all and be all. Don't tell me anything can happen during the playoffs cause that phenomenon applies to all teams involved. It's the overall intangibles and ability to generate momentum as a team that I place greater importance on. Knock on wood, but I have my serious doubts. I hope I'm dead wrong.
Share 49ersWebzone