There are 227 users in the forums

Is this season a dissappointment if we don't win the superbowl

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is this season a dissappointment if we don't win the superbowl

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Lets say we win the division and lose in the first round, would consider it a successful season ?
to a certain extent yes and no.....remember being 6-10?
[ Edited by jreff22 on Nov 14, 2012 at 12:17 PM ]
Not really. I do not see us right now as a Championship team right now. I can picture us stepping our game up late in the season or in the playoffs. I think we have a lot of room for improvement right now.
  • Ruhl
  • Veteran
I've been a fan since the early 90's and the every loss hurts, but even if we went 0-16 (we've been close), I could never call the season a disappointment. Looking back on all of it, those tough seasons make the better years that much sweeter.
Wouldn't consider the season unsuccessful... but I would be disappointed, yes. Too much talent on this team to not bring home # 6. Would just mean someone or multiple people really f**ked up.. whether coaching fails or player fails... and that would be a disappointment.

... but I recognize that 30 other teams have to fail as well.. so it is very difficult to bring the trophy home.
The way all the players were talking through interviews/passing, it would be more of a disappointment for 'them', than it would be for the franchise (as a whole). -Most of the players have a "Superbowl or bust" mentality going here (the ones who are really playing their hearts out, week-to-week), and it could destroy them if we didn't get it done this year, considering the events of last year.

Although if we don't make it to the Superbowl, expect a huge amount of changes to ensue within the off-season (we're already set to lose some players through FA), this will be a completely different team next season, with possibly a different QB winning the starting job through training camp/preseason (whether we obtain the guy through FA/draft/start somebody we already have), with many other different starting personnel/coaches.
every season we don't win the SB is a disappointment.
Yes... But that should be our goal every year
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
The way all the players were talking through interviews/passing, it would be more of a disappointment for 'them', than it would be for the franchise (as a whole). -Most of the players have a "Superbowl or bust" mentality going here (the ones who are really playing their hearts out, week-to-week), and it could destroy them if we didn't get it done this year, considering the events of last year.

Although if we don't make it to the Superbowl, expect a huge amount of changes to ensue within the off-season (we're already set to lose some players through FA), this will be a completely different team next season, with possibly a different QB winning the starting job through training camp/preseason (whether we obtain the guy through FA/draft/start somebody we already have), with many other different starting personnel/coaches.

I agree with this
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Super Bowl or bust. Simple as that.

Originally posted by Amir:

pretty much
yes it will..thats how it goes when you miss the superbowl by a fumble. anything less is unacceptable.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by Amir:

pretty much

yep
NO because I really didn't have any high expectations. I really don't think that the 49er's have all the necessary pieces in place yet.

They're close but no cigar! Still a winning record is a far cry from prior to Jim Harbaugh.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
I will be disappointed. It will probably be harder to reach the SuperBowl next year, due to free agency, and aging players like Justin Smith.
Share 49ersWebzone