There are 206 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is this season a dissappointment if we don't win the superbowl

Is this season a dissappointment if we don't win the superbowl

Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Originally posted by TinyHandsBigHeart:
This season is definitely win the Super Bowl or bust. Maybe not to the extent that Harbaugh needs to win it to keep his job though. That's next year.

LOL

Harbaugh is not going to lose his job. He brought back a new culture--something we've all longed to have again. He ain't going anywhere.
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
This season is definitely win the Super Bowl or bust. Maybe not to the extent that Harbaugh needs to win it to keep his job though. That's next year.

LOL

If a HC can't win a Super Bowl in 3 years with Super Bowl level talent (barring extenuating circumstances like injury), then he probably never will. If your coach isn't good enough to win the SB, why keep him around? You're just wasting your and your fan's time.

Signed, Al Davis
Jh is safe for the next five at least. he aint gonna get fired if we dont win the super bowl lol
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
If a HC can't win a Super Bowl in 3 years with Super Bowl level talent (barring extenuating circumstances like injury), then he probably never will. If your coach isn't good enough to win the SB, why keep him around? You're just wasting your and your fan's time.

Ever heard of Bill Cowher? Sean Payton? Tony Dungy? Tom Coughlin? Mike Holmgren? Jimmy Johnson? Chuck Knoll?

None would have carved the legacy they did according to your 3-years-or-never logic.
A winner's mentality is SB or bust. Winners always strive higher and considering what they did last year- yes. JH said you are either getting better or you are getting worse, you don't stay the same.
I'll put it in steps of 'disappointments' :

It will be a disappointment to come away with a losing record after last years performance.

It will be a disappointment if we have a winning record and dont make the playoffs.

It will be a disappointment if we have a winning record, make the playoffs and dont get to the SB.

It will be a disappointment if we have a winning record, make the playoff, get to the SB and dont win it.
Originally posted by LionHeartofGold:
I stopped believing we would win the Superbowl when we faced teams with both legitimate defense and offense such as the NYG game when we got our asses handed to us. We are so far away from that type of performance. It reminds me of the whooping we got against the Ravens last year. Remember all that pressure and all those sacks? We've definitely declined from last year overall. I look at Baltimore, Texans, Broncos, NYG, Falcons, and out of all of those teams we don't compare offensively. We compare defensively, but not offensively. Don't talk to me about stats because they are not the end all and be all. Don't tell me anything can happen during the playoffs cause that phenomenon applies to all teams involved. It's the overall intangibles and ability to generate momentum as a team that I place greater importance on. Knock on wood, but I have my serious doubts. I hope I'm dead wrong.

Its a game of matchups, some teams match better with others. So it depends. Also timing of injuries and everything else matters too, those that some luck don't play into it are in denial..
I would like to keep thinking Superbowl or bust, but the Niners just tied a game with the Rams at Home. This team still has a longs way to go in order to win the division.
The feeling I'm getting with the mindset of the coaching staff and the front office is that it's Super Bowl or bust. The Championship teams viewed any season where they did not win it all as a failure. Last years Championship game loss will go a long way in motivating the team. When the team lost to the Redskins in 83 they came back to have one of the greatest years in NFL history in 84.
Yes to this question every season
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Jh is safe for the next five at least. he aint gonna get fired if we dont win the super bowl lol

jesus this is the truth,, i am pretty down on the team, defense and special teams,, but come on man not even i will go off that cliff
YES! But we are" Contenders" for that Superbowl!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerTeam:
I would like to keep thinking Superbowl or bust, but the Niners just tied a game with the Rams at Home. This team still has a longs way to go in order to win the division.

they will win ten games at best in my opinion, there is something wrong here and its not the qb thing,, when we lose we get kicked on defense, the guys do not show up ready to play, the front guys have no pressure going, we make to many sloppy and stupid penalties, special ed teams and pass protection has been an abortion all year long, no this is far from an elite team,, and if they are not carefull they will not win the division, they will win 9 games and go to atlanta for thier first round game
Originally posted by cciowa:
they will win ten games at best in my opinion, there is something wrong here and its not the qb thing,, when we lose we get kicked on defense, the guys do not show up ready to play, the front guys have no pressure going, we make to many sloppy and stupid penalties, special ed teams and pass protection has been an abortion all year long, no this is far from an elite team,, and if they are not carefull they will not win the division, they will win 9 games and go to atlanta for thier first round game
Say what? I think you meant abomination LOL! But I agree with you in that this is NOT an elite team. But leave it to the press every time they do good and someone says "They're the best team in the League" and they begin to believe it. Thus, they think that they only have to show up when playing what is deemed a weaker opponent ... HUGE mistake.

And whoever said that Jim Hargaugh would be in trouble if he doesn't win the Superbowl within a couple of years is wrong. You can have the best players around and or the best coaches around, but that doesn't guarantee you a Superbowl. Lot's of things have to fall in place, minimal injuries, getting hot at the right time and YES luck has to be part of it.

As long as he has a winning record which this franchise hadn't had in many years, he'll be around. I think they've learned from the Mooch experience. Good HEAD coaches are hard to come by. You take someone like a Norv Turner (excellent Offensive Coach) and Wade Phillips (excellent Defensive Coach) who are experts in their fields, but not as a Head Coach. ... and huh yes, that guy Ryan of the Jets ... what a mess.
[ Edited by Kauaiguy on Nov 14, 2012 at 7:01 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kauaiguy:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Say what? I think you meant abomination LOL! But I agree with you in that this is NOT an elite team. But leave it to the press every time they do good and someone says "They're the best team in the League" and they begin to believe it. Thus, they think that they only have to show up when playing what is deemed a weaker opponent ... HUGE mistake.

And whoever said that Jim Hargaugh would be in trouble if he doesn't win the Superbowl within a couple of years is wrong. You can have the best players around and or the best coaches around, but that doesn't guarantee you a Superbowl. Lot's of things have to fall in place, minimal injuries, getting hot at the right time and YES luck has to be part of it.

As long as he has a winning record which this franchise hadn't had in many years, he'll be around. I think they've learned from the Mooch experience.
good post agree.. yes i did mean abortion you are right about the coaches but it does give me great concern that in our losses the team does not look ready to play how the hell can that happen and that is on the coaches in my opinion