There are 110 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Winning our division will take 11 or more wins!

Originally posted by hawker84:
i absolutely agree, stats don't win games, players making plays does.. i actually agree with your entire post, very good breakdown on our strengths and weakness, i've been b***hing about a lot of it on our board for weeks... one thing i will slightly disagree with however, is the comment about putting pressure on RW with the bltizes... yes this was an issue with AR and SL, he is a rookie.. but he has grown leaps and bounds in that department since the first few weeks. he did just fine against your pass rush for the most part, our recievers and backs couldn't hold on to anything, and i think he only had 7 pass attempts in the second half, two of those were throw aways. against the lions he threw for 2 td's and over 230yds, last td being a 4th qtr come from behind drive, d couldn't get a stop though, that lost us that game.. other than that good and acuarate take..

Yeah, I was thinking from the point of view of that the pocket collapsing quickly drastically reduces the odds of big play passes coming, which has been the Seahawks' WRs' (most notably Golden Tate's and Sidney Rice's) speciality this year, and increases the other team's chances of an interception / incompletion / loss on the play, and more importantly, gives the opponents' secondary much-needed time to catch up with Seahawks receivers if they get burned on their routes. He does perform remarkably well under pressure, and has great awareness when he's flushed out of the pocket...unfortunately.

P.S. You guys need to pay Earl Thomas come his contract year. He is the most criminally underrated player on your defense.
well i appreciate the feedback, and the hospitality.. should be a very entertaining and stressful second half of the season.. bye weeks make me nervous, hopefully we can come out firing on all cylinders. looking forward to talking with some of you over on the hawk site.. from what i can take in here, there's a lot of respect for my hawks, and i can assure you there is every bit as much for your niners on our site.. not a whole lot of love lost, but definately respect.. here's to a great second half, and hopefully the west can dominate for years to come....
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
I think we finish 12-3-1

Who do we lose to?

12-3-1... to many numbers... haha. regardless, we have to win out to match last years win count!
underpayed definately, underrated no sure. he's going to get his as will Chancelor, and the corners.. matter of fact there's a thread on our board talking about how small our salaries are, because most of these guys are 3,4,5th round pics who have just stepped up..remember Sherman was a back up to Trufant last season till Tru went down with injuries.. so the realization of they're going to have to start paying these guys is loud and clear to the FO over the next few years... not to mention G tate and a few others... might be hard to keep this core group together for more than a couple years if they keep performing.
Here's the only thing nice about the tie. Don't have to worry about confusing tie-breaker scenarios in terms of playoff seeding.
Originally posted by Faraz80:
10 wins wasa good target for last year. I'd expect this team to get at least 12 and a first round bye. I wouldnt be too happy having to face Seattle, GB/CHI, or even Dallas at home in the first round, then having to go on the road to GB/CHI and Atlanta to win the NFC.

Our best chance of winning the SB is getting as many home games as possible in the postseason. If we can get the 2nd seed, and assuming ATL caves at home with the 1st seed (which is very possible), then the NFC goes through San Fran for the 2nd year in a row --- except this time the opposition will not be facing the young inexperienced Niners, but rather a veteran team with a chip on its shoulder.

Hope we pull it off...

Home games dont matter to us, we tied the fricken rams at home after a bye week. Home or away i think we are 1 and done in the playoffs.
Niners finish 10-5-1, maybe 11-4-1. Seahawks, best case scenario, is 10-6. The team is 1-4 on the road remember.
Ten wins takes the division, twelve takes the #2 seed.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Nov 13, 2012 at 1:55 PM ]
Originally posted by NINERFORLIFE12:
Originally posted by Faraz80:
10 wins wasa good target for last year. I'd expect this team to get at least 12 and a first round bye. I wouldnt be too happy having to face Seattle, GB/CHI, or even Dallas at home in the first round, then having to go on the road to GB/CHI and Atlanta to win the NFC.

Our best chance of winning the SB is getting as many home games as possible in the postseason. If we can get the 2nd seed, and assuming ATL caves at home with the 1st seed (which is very possible), then the NFC goes through San Fran for the 2nd year in a row --- except this time the opposition will not be facing the young inexperienced Niners, but rather a veteran team with a chip on its shoulder.

Hope we pull it off...

Home games dont matter to us, we tied the fricken rams at home after a bye week. Home or away i think we are 1 and done in the playoffs.

haha...you might be right. lets see...
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Ten wins takes the division, twelve takes the #2 seed.

Based on tiebreakers, I can actually see 11-4-1 getting the 2 seed over the Packers/Bears. Giants will lose at least one more time. We need to win all 3 at home vs CHI/MIA/AZ (9 wins), and then at least split on the road @ NO/STL/NE/SEA (11 wins). I think this is very realistic, but it all starts on MNF.
This team needs to put or shut up. 49ers needs to quit believing their own hype and stay focused on every opponent they face from here on out. I thought the 49ers stopped overlooking opponents after the Vikings game, this past Rams game showed they still have that mentality. 49ers need to bring back their INTENSITY.
If the Seahawks lose 2 more games that puts them at 10-6 (give them a loss @ Chicago and then a loss to either the Niners or Miami/Buffalo). We'd have to go 3-4 to go 9-6-1 and lose the division. That would be an out-and-out disaster.

Don't see that happening. Even with some tough games they are all winnable. The Pats are very beatable and you can count on the Niners being ready for the Rams the next go-round.

Very easy to see this team winning at least 4 more games.
At this rate the division will come down to the game in Seattle. I really think the epic fail performance from Sunday is going to haunt the team down the road.
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
I can't believe people are talking about taking the division right now. We play Chicago and even with Campbell at QB will be a tough game. Then we play the Saints who are hot right now and will definitely be looking for revenge against us. I honestly count that as a loss right now. Then we play the Patriots in Foxborough. Three losses I am counting right there. Then there is the Seahawks one more time but at their place. 4 potential losses. Oh yea and the Rams at their place who gave us a run for our money at our place. I hate to be pessimistic but the hawks can easily take the division.

If we don't beat the Bears, we are in trouble of making the playoffs let alone the #2 seed

End rant/

If we continue:
- to allow opposing QBs to go un-mollested
- to allow RBs to gash us 6yds a carry
- to not stretch the field with the deep pass

We will not like our fate; regular, OR post-season.

Side note: whatever happened to half-time adjustments? Is that a skill that died with The Genius?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
I can't believe people are talking about taking the division right now. We play Chicago and even with Campbell at QB will be a tough game. Then we play the Saints who are hot right now and will definitely be looking for revenge against us. I honestly count that as a loss right now. Then we play the Patriots in Foxborough. Three losses I am counting right there. Then there is the Seahawks one more time but at their place. 4 potential losses. Oh yea and the Rams at their place who gave us a run for our money at our place. I hate to be pessimistic but the hawks can easily take the division.

If we don't beat the Bears, we are in trouble of making the playoffs let alone the #2 seed

End rant/

If we continue:
- to allow opposing QBs to go un-mollested
- to allow RBs to gash us 6yds a carry
- to not stretch the field with the deep pass

We will not like our fate; regular, OR post-season.

Side note: whatever happened to half-time adjustments? Is that a skill that died with The Genius?
you have a week to prepare and the defense comes out and folds you get burned twice by a fake punt . you have stupid stupid sloppy and stupid penalties on the defensive side of the ball they better clean that up, if not i would not discount the theory of the above poster