There are 206 users in the forums

Winning our division will take 11 or more wins!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Looking at both our schedule and the schedule of the Seattle Seahawks its easy to see that it will take 11 or 12 wins to capture our 2nd straight NFC West Division. Seattle is set up with 3 or their 4 remaining games at home with beatable opponents, excluding us of course! Plus they travel to Miami who is very beatable and you can see with their current 6-4 record it will be VERY close down the stretch. And with both the Saints and Pats on the road, the Niners NEED to win Monday night!
Seahawks will lose all their remaining home games. I don't care who their playing that team can't win out of Quest Field.
I think we finish 10-5-1.

I think the Hawks finish 9-7 or 10-6 at best... which still makes the NFCW ours.

We shall see... there is little more to say than that.
I think we finish 12-3-1
I am very worried about the seahawks... IMHO it will come down to who wins on the 23rd at Century Link. I also have to constantaly remind myselv not to forget that Seahawks ALWAYS find a way to blow it.
Originally posted by Ninerfan81:
Looking at both our schedule and the schedule of the Seattle Seahawks its easy to see that it will take 11 or 12 wins to capture our 2nd straight NFC West Division. Seattle is set up with 3 or their 4 remaining games at home with beatable opponents, excluding us of course! Plus they travel to Miami who is very beatable and you can see with their current 6-4 record it will be VERY close down the stretch. And with both the Saints and Pats on the road, the Niners NEED to win Monday night!

russell wilson is a different (worse) qb on the road--miami has tough defense, and could be trouble for seahawks
I am 100% Faithful that the Niners will be in the playoffs this year after winning the NFC West.

Now, whatever happens after that in the playoffs, I do not know at this point but can only hope for the best.
funny.. you guys still think the weakness of this team is our rookie QB.. i guess it just cracks me up when people post stuff that totally goes agains the stats, and the facts...russel wilson is the real deal, i'm not saying that because i'm a seahawk fan, i'm saying cuz i know a good QB when i see one.. you guys don't think we can win on the road, well that remains to be seen i suppose.. although we have been in every game that we've lost on the road including the niners, with a chance to win it.. so you can come up with every excuse in the book on why the seahawks won't be in the picture when i comes to crowning our division champs... but if you look up the stats, not only is RW leading ALL rookie QB's he's among the league leaders period, and only getting better.. our d is still top 10, and we have the second leading rusher in the game.. i think it's going to come down to us and you, and i think it will be decided on the field... not here to start a fight, just to point out that we have a team that could take this division just like you guys do, and anyone who thinks this is not accurate, is not being realistic, and i would invite you to tell me why and back it up with real facts..
10 wins will win the division.
  • Silky
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hawker84:
funny.. you guys still think the weakness of this team is our rookie QB.. i guess it just cracks me up when people post stuff that totally goes agains the stats, and the facts...russel wilson is the real deal, i'm not saying that because i'm a seahawk fan, i'm saying cuz i know a good QB when i see one.. you guys don't think we can win on the road, well that remains to be seen i suppose.. although we have been in every game that we've lost on the road including the niners, with a chance to win it.. so you can come up with every excuse in the book on why the seahawks won't be in the picture when i comes to crowning our division champs... but if you look up the stats, not only is RW leading ALL rookie QB's he's among the league leaders period, and only getting better.. our d is still top 10, and we have the second leading rusher in the game.. i think it's going to come down to us and you, and i think it will be decided on the field... not here to start a fight, just to point out that we have a team that could take this division just like you guys do, and anyone who thinks this is not accurate, is not being realistic, and i would invite you to tell me why and back it up with real facts..
just...because

You're half right. I do think that Wilson will eventually be a decent quarterback in the league, but he's not there yet. What you guys DO have going for you is a monstrous home field advantage, which leaves no room for error for the visiting team. On the flip side, Seattle does benefit from a relatively easy schedule from here on out, but you guys would practically have to win out to take the West. I think Seattle has a good shot at taking the 2nd Wildcard spot (the first most likely going to either GB or CHI), would could potentially set up a first round rematch (game 3) against us.

I'll give you this though. Seattle has some major upside heading into the future, and I think Wilson will be someone to be reckoned with (along with Bradford) for years to come.
Originally posted by Kapshouldstart:
10 wins will win the division.

10 wins wasa good target for last year. I'd expect this team to get at least 12 and a first round bye. I wouldnt be too happy having to face Seattle, GB/CHI, or even Dallas at home in the first round, then having to go on the road to GB/CHI and Atlanta to win the NFC.

Our best chance of winning the SB is getting as many home games as possible in the postseason. If we can get the 2nd seed, and assuming ATL caves at home with the 1st seed (which is very possible), then the NFC goes through San Fran for the 2nd year in a row --- except this time the opposition will not be facing the young inexperienced Niners, but rather a veteran team with a chip on its shoulder.

Hope we pull it off...

So you criticize everyone on here who isn't quite sold on RW and cry about not seeing any facts. Then you supply zero facts or any of these "stats" you claim to have checked and say he's among the league leaders! As if thats not calling the kettle black you go on and NOT list one single weakness of the Seahawks on offense or defense. Thats laughable. I'm sorry but it is. The Seahawks road record speaks for itself. And if RW was all that his "league leading" stats would reflect that as well.

Good teams with established qb's find a way to win on the road. Its that simple my friend.

Seahawks are going to have to win an NFC west divisional game before you start talking big over here... starting out 0-3 is going to be a big deal when it comes to "crowning the divisional champ" since the BEST the Seahawks will be able to do is split the head to head matchup record with the Niners.
  • Silky
  • Veteran
I can't believe people are talking about taking the division right now. We play Chicago and even with Campbell at QB will be a tough game. Then we play the Saints who are hot right now and will definitely be looking for revenge against us. I honestly count that as a loss right now. Then we play the Patriots in Foxborough. Three losses I am counting right there. Then there is the Seahawks one more time but at their place. 4 potential losses. Oh yea and the Rams at their place who gave us a run for our money at our place. I hate to be pessimistic but the hawks can easily take the division.

If we don't beat the Bears, we are in trouble of making the playoffs let alone the #2 seed

End rant/
Share 49ersWebzone