There are 126 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Willis uninspired or hurt?

Originally posted by Joecool:
I think there is a possibility he could be hurt. The game before the BYE Week, he was a little shaken on a few plays. I don't think he's 100%.

Too much fun in the sack... He just got engage married w/e and add the free time in the bye week...
PFF said Willis and Bowman both had their worst games that PFF has charted, according to Sando.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
PFF said Willis and Bowman both had their worst games that PFF has charted, according to Sando.

lol.. Bowman was okay.. Willis stood around most of the game, must be saving energy for bedtime... lol
[ Edited by MrTruth on Nov 13, 2012 at 2:30 PM ]
"--It was not a good day for three Pro Bowl players on the 49ers' defense, including both All-Pro inside linebackers. Patrick Willis and NaVorro Bowman had their worst grades of the season, by far, according to PFF's rating system."
http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-san-francisco-niners/niners-talk/49ers-film-review-vs-Rams?blockID=801369&feedID=5936

I didn't even do any analysis and Willis sub par play in the rams game was apparent to me watching it live...
BTW, I'll say this first, CK will never be Tom Brady if he replace AS this season.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

That's what I like to call an outlier; an anomaly, if you will. PWill is that last player we need to worry about.
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
PWill is that last player we need to worry about.

He didn't do his job against the rams. We'll find out Monday night if Willis is ready this time for the bears running game, cause regardless of who will start at QB for the bears, the bears need to run the ball since they are the away team if they want a chance to win in candle stick.
Originally posted by Marsh:
he and everyone else on D

He is the run D. Stat wise, Bowman lead the team with 10 tackles, Willis was behind Goldson with 6. He didn't do his job.
If you watched the game, Willis was mostly blocked or jogged/walk to the ball carrier, while others had to tackle the ball carrier.
[ Edited by MrTruth on Nov 13, 2012 at 3:50 PM ]
I noticed that, I also noticed Soap getting ran over. D line not doing much (other than Aldon). it just seemed like everyone was sluggish, out of it.

Apparently Goldson, Aldon, Brooks and Bowman, to a certain degree, weren't sluggish...
Originally posted by MrTruth:
PWill is that last player we need to worry about.

He didn't do his job against the rams. We'll find out Monday night if Willis is ready this time for the bears running game, cause regardless of who will start at QB for the bears, the bears need to run the ball since they are the away team if they want a chance to win in candle stick.

There are things we can agree on and differ on, but please, capitalize "Candlestick." It's a hallowed & sacred place, for f**ks sake!

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MrTruth:
I noticed that, I also noticed Soap getting ran over. D line not doing much (other than Aldon). it just seemed like everyone was sluggish, out of it.

Apparently Goldson, Aldon, Brooks and Bowman, to a certain degree, weren't sluggish...

Too much time off. This should be fine Monday.
I think he is fine, what I am seeing is that there are olinemen in the second level getting blocks on Pwilly. Thats not on him, its on Soap and to a lesser extent Bowman. Those guys are supposed to seek out blockers and allow Willis to run unimpedeed to the ball. I know that since Bowman has proved to be so good that they actively moved him away from the traditional role of the second MLB, but everybody has to realize that when you do that, there is one less guy clearling blockers for Willis than there was in the pre-Bowman era, compound that with Soap not being quite the guy he was last year and a little undersized for the Nose to boot and you are going to see the games where P52 struggles a bit.
There are things we can agree on and differ on, but please, capitalize "Candlestick." It's a hallowed & sacred place, for f**ks sake!

Auto correct for the win...you can tell because its also two words.
Lets have this conversation when the DLine is doing its job and willis is getting used 1v1 . ya cant expect any lb to scrape, disengage, locate and make the play all the time without help.

This thread irks me
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
I think he is fine, what I am seeing is that there are olinemen in the second level getting blocks on Pwilly. Thats not on him, its on Soap and to a lesser extent Bowman. Those guys are supposed to seek out blockers and allow Willis to run unimpedeed to the ball. I know that since Bowman has proved to be so good that they actively moved him away from the traditional role of the second MLB, but everybody has to realize that when you do that, there is one less guy clearling blockers for Willis than there was in the pre-Bowman era, compound that with Soap not being quite the guy he was last year and a little undersized for the Nose to boot and you are going to see the games where P52 struggles a bit.

Except Fangio's defense is not similar to Manusky's defense where the TED(Takeo Spikes old role) ILB is responsible for freeing up a blocker for the Mike ILB.
When I rewatched the game, Willis just seemed to stop being aggressive on that 1st down run by Jackson pumping up his team. I tell you what though.... Willis snapped out of it quickly because he became a beast after that. If you go take a look at that time frame, Willis truly gets angry at what happened.

Still, we need to be 'up' from the get go.