LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 299 users in the forums

Willis uninspired or hurt?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
he sucks, we should trade him for tebow
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i yelled at him last week but after watching gore blow up lance briggs, i guess its ok to have willis slip a couple times vs someone like jackson. its just in a depressing game like that, little things make you nuts. i hope and trust that stuff is in the past
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Originally posted by SFrush:
Except Fangio's defense is not similar to Manusky's defense where the TED(Takeo Spikes old role) ILB is responsible for freeing up a blocker for the Mike ILB.

I never said the LB situation wasnt by design....but it also doesnt make it any less true.

The situation IS BY DESIGN. It's clearly a DIFFERENT SCHEME. This changes the # totals. We are asking Willis to do different things. Including being in coverage sometimes because he is fast. Willis is the same guy. He's still great. He hasn't changed. Spikes did do a lot of taking up a blocker to let Willis rome. That's not what Bowman is doing.

Unsure why people can't see this.....
I dont think you are reading my statement properly..I am agreeing with you. But it does not change the fact that regardless of scheme, if you dont have someone eating your blockers and have to shed them yourself...your stats will slide a little no matter how good you are.....

Not sure why you cant READ that...
Originally posted by cciowa:
i yelled at him last week but after watching gore blow up lance briggs, i guess its ok to have willis slip a couple times vs someone like jackson. its just in a depressing game like that, little things make you nuts. i hope and trust that stuff is in the past
cciowa, you know how it is. Every athlete that ever played had bad games, mediocre games, good games and great games and then every so often out-of-your-mind games. It's just the way it is. Pro athletes just have more of the good to best than not. But it's all relative based on whom you are playing and how they are playing.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Born49R:
cciowa, you know how it is. Every athlete that ever played had bad games, mediocre games, good games and great games and then every so often out-of-your-mind games. It's just the way it is. Pro athletes just have more of the good to best than not. But it's all relative based on whom you are playing and how they are playing.
if we would have won it would not have bugged me,, but it was just another shovel on that heap that day and since it was made by a guy who never gets owned,, he got my wrath. very wrong and it took watching him last night and esp seeing gore blow up briggs to understand that. thank you for your good post born but sometimes you just can reason with some posters
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Born49R:
if we would have won it would not have bugged me,, but it was just another shovel on that heap that day and since it was made by a guy who never gets owned,, he got my wrath. very wrong and it took watching him last night and esp seeing gore blow up briggs to understand that. thank you for your good post born but sometimes you just can reason with some posters
ment to say,, can not reason with certain posters,, well i really blew that all to hell
Why is this ridiculous thread still open?
I'm officially convinced that Bowman is better than Willis. Nothing against Willis either. Before I was so so on bringing Bowman back but I think he's a must sign now.
ment to say,, can not reason with certain posters,, well i really blew that all to hell
Aw, I knew what you meant and thanks as I always enjoy reading your knowlegable comments. And I yell at everybody on the team when they do something mentally stupid,
I just give them a break when it is more physical.

Originally posted by HoneyBadger49er:

Irksome thread is irksome
Originally posted by HoneyBadger49er:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
I'm officially convinced that Bowman is better than Willis. Nothing against Willis either. Before I was so so on bringing Bowman back but I think he's a must sign now.

Bowman has definitely developed a rep in the entire NFL now, not just amongst 9'er fans. However, I don't think he's as sure a tackler as Willis. at least not yet. When Patrick gets his hands on someone, it's very rare they get away. That play where he leveled the offensive lineman and grabbed Forte by the jersey and essentially stopped him with one hand, was a perfect example. I love 'em both and would have a hard time choosing between them, though Willis gets the edge at this point.
Soap played a lot better this game than his last few, witch is a huge reason Bow and Pat played like they did.

The linebackers can't do there thing in a 3-4 unless the NT is eating up double teams.

It's not quite that simple but it's close.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
the way he knocked out that lineman and tackled forte with one hand was bad ass.
[ Edited by susweel on Nov 20, 2012 at 3:50 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone