There are 47 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Tie Game - how do you feel?

It messes up a lot IMO and could cost us the #2 seed. This doesn't look like a #2 seed anyway with our special teams and offense. I think we are worse this year.
I'm pissed. It feels like a loss because we're supposed to handle a 3-5 team at home. It's ok for the Rams to look at this as positive because they're a work in progress. They're building toward beating us, and they got a step closer today. The 49ers should be extremely critical of themselves right now. They're fortunate to tie, because they should have lost.
Originally posted by dhp318:
Originally posted by captveg:
Just want to point out that the record within the division is now basically irrelevant. As long as we win at least the same number of overall games as the Seahawks we have the tiebreaker since our Tie > their loss. Say SF goes 11-4-1 and Seattle goes 11-5. We win the division regardless of head-to-head, division record, or any other tiebreakers. We have the better record.

Doesn't matter, we still gave up our advantage, because a tie record would've likely gone to us based on superior divisional and conference record.

Right, but now if we lose the division it will because we simply won less games than Seattle. The tiebreakers are basically moot. Win as many as Seattle = division win. It's that simple. (Unless Seattle also has a tie game this year).
Originally posted by Marsh:
Originally posted by niners9:
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
I hope Alex Smith is cleared to play next monday night

Ditto

yup

X10000
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
it means we f**king tied with the rams

i am beyond pissed the refs couldnt have helped us more that game

yup ! really sucks we tied within the west , that could hurt us . sqauks and the cards
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I'm pissed. It feels like a loss because we're supposed to handle a 3-5 team at home. It's ok for the Rams to look at this as positive because they're a work in progress. They're building toward beating us, and they got a step closer today. The 49ers should be extremely critical of themselves right now. They're fortunate to tie, because they should have lost.

Had Alex played, we probably win straight up
We are going nowhere, if we can't beat the Lambs
Dont look at the tie. Look at the LOSS column.

One has to assume that the likely 1-2 seeds will have a 13-3 or 12-4 record. At least the second seed will.

If CHI or ATL ends up at 13-3, we lose out. However, if any of them end up with a 12-4 record, and we end up 12-3-1, we get the top seed. I like our odds; its a higher chance to end up 12-4 than 13-3.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Would rather be 6-3 than 6-2-1

LOL why? Do you understand why it's better than a loss?
To everyone talking about how bad it is that its the Rams, i agree, but we did not have our starting QB for most of the game, if we do, i think we certainly do not tie. Maybe not, who knows, maybe Alex really cant play from behind more than 3, but i feel like he was getting a rhythm a little bit.

Also that second fake punt was just a back breaer, we should of had the Defense and Ted Ginn out there, no excuse when they have already done it to us once.
on a positive note we railied from behind , I know its the rams. But any givin sunday boys..... David akers..... One kick killed us ,that was it
Originally posted by dhp318:
Doesn't matter, we still gave up our advantage, because a tie record would've likely gone to us based on superior divisional and conference record.

Um how? 9ers still have to go to sea. And could very we'll have lost the tiebreaker to them.

A tie does not hurt a team nor really help them. The niners should have lost this game, so I "like" the tie.
More concerning is our defense. I thought they flat out sucked today. Somebody tried blaming the special teams...please.

Our defense dug us an early hole, and then dug it again after we got out only forced turnover thank to the special teams.

We couldn't do crap today defensively, stop the run, stop the pass, tackle....it was like it was 2010 again.
Originally posted by Faraz80:
Dont look at the tie. Look at the LOSS column.

One has to assume that the likely 1-2 seeds will have a 13-3 or 12-4 record. At least the second seed will.

If CHI or ATL ends up at 13-3, we lose out. However, if any of them end up with a 12-4 record, and we end up 12-3-1, we get the top seed. I like our odds; its a higher chance to end up 12-4 than 13-3.

We could lose 1 more game in that scenario. That's tough. At Seattle, at Saints and at Patriots still to come. Don't forget at Rams who just tied us at home. It's tough to see us with 1 more loss in there after this year. But maybe. The special teams is just so bad. The offense isn't prolific.
Originally posted by Baldie:
Had Alex played, we probably win straight up

Hard to say. I'd tend to agree, but QB play wasn't an issue today IMO. Kaep produced in the 2nd half leading the offense to 17 points.

The big issue was our defense. They didn't show up until the 2nd quarter, and even from that point they were missing tackles left and right. Awful performance by their standards.