LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 297 users in the forums

Tie Game - how do you feel?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
A tie in this game feels like a loss. Come on. Rams at home. You guys were counting a "W." And so was I. Just really disappointing. The Akers miss. Man he has missed too many this year. Our special teams is horrific this year. A tie messes up all your tiebreakers. It could kill you in the playoffs if you have to go on the road.

You're looking at it glass empty. Right now, you have to go by loss column. If we end up at 14-2-1, we beat out any team that has a 13-3 record. Assuming we get at least 12 wins this year, there are LESS team that will have 13-3 records than 12-4. We beat out all teams with a 12-4 record with 12-3-1. In this case, the tie helps us.
this is pretty much how today's game felt...

/thread

frickin' canadians...
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Nov 11, 2012 at 5:52 PM ]
The way both teams played neither deserved to win. However I will say that Kaepernick got away with a lot of mistakes today, that would be turnovers against Chicago, so I will say that I hope Alex is back next week because Kaepernick still looks very raw.
I'd say we have to just about win out from here on out to have a good shot at the #2 seed. We could lose no more than 1 more if we want the #2 seed. 13 - 2 - 1. Or 12 - 3 - 1 may have a chance for #2. The former much stronger than the latter.
I'd say we have to just about win out from here on out to have a good shot at the #2 seed. We could lose no more than 1 more if we want the #2 seed. 13 - 2 - 1. Or 12 - 3 - 1 may have a chance for #2. The former much stronger than the latter.

who gives a f**k about the #2 seed?

we couldnt even beat the Rams at home!

Originally posted by Faraz80:
A tie in this game feels like a loss. Come on. Rams at home. You guys were counting a "W." And so was I. Just really disappointing. The Akers miss. Man he has missed too many this year. Our special teams is horrific this year. A tie messes up all your tiebreakers. It could kill you in the playoffs if you have to go on the road.

You're looking at it glass empty. Right now, you have to go by loss column. If we end up at 14-2-1, we beat out any team that has a 13-3 record. Assuming we get at least 12 wins this year, there are LESS team that will have 13-3 records than 12-4. We beat out all teams with a 12-4 record with 12-3-1. In this case, the tie helps us.

I understand what you are saying but I feel bad about the Rams at home turning into a tie.
Originally posted by ads_2006:

who gives a f**k about the #2 seed?

we couldnt even beat the Rams at home!

You got a point there....
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
I hope Alex Smith is cleared to play next monday night

Ditto
Originally posted by KegBert:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Akers lost us the game.

But we didn't lose.

I should say he cost us the game.

You all are right. But basically he lost us the game.

Reminds me of the
I'm your boss scene
in dodgeball.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
A bit irritated but I figured we'd come out the bye pretty flat and I was right. Hopefully Alex is okay for next week's big game, we need him more than many are willing to admit. Kaepernick looked so-so as he has in all his extended playing times thus far. Clearly not ready but much improved over last season. So thankful Iupati wasn't seriously injured....that's our anchor right there. He goes down, this offence is DONE. Receivers played alright for the most part but we just never seemed to have the ball enough to develop true rhythm... Ahmad Brooks has been our most consistent defender this season IMHO....P52 had a down game, as did Sopoaga (RJF needs more snaps!)...I was so sure Akers was gonna nail the FG, I had my shoes on ready to go bet on the sunday night game.....UGH!

We'll be ready for Monday night...

feel exhausted... worried about our defensive gameplans... hoping Alex can recover soon... Franky G is awesome...
Tie games in the nfl mean we get 1/2 a win and 1/2 a loss. Just looked it up on nfl.com We are tech. 6.5-2.5 Playoff seeding is done by record Also a team right now at 7-3 would tie us the reg season winner if they played each other would seed better. Put it any other way ......We better win 6 of the next 7.
Originally posted by captveg:
Just want to point out that the record within the division is now basically irrelevant. As long as we win at least the same number of overall games as the Seahawks we have the tiebreaker since our Tie > their loss. Say SF goes 11-4-1 and Seattle goes 11-5. We win the division regardless of head-to-head, division record, or any other tiebreakers. We have the better record.

Doesn't matter, we still gave up our advantage, because a tie record would've likely gone to us based on superior divisional and conference record.
it means we f**king tied with the rams

i am beyond pissed the refs couldnt have helped us more that game
yay another tie game thread...
Share 49ersWebzone