LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 353 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS CHICAGO BEARS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 10)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
two best ILB in the league? discussion settled.

Bowman is outplaying WIllis big time this year
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:

Both are beasts. 2 best linebackers in the league. Not just as a duo, but individually.
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:

Both are beasts. 2 best linebackers in the league. Not just as a duo, but individually.

I agree. Bowman is number 1 Willis is number 2
Originally posted by cciowa:
did not know they were,, they have a bonofide great defense,, look what they did against maybe the best defense in the nfl, compare that with our flop sunday vs the rams,, they have great special teams, no thanks to us not signing blake .. i think you all know the types of special teams we have,, the game will boil down to defense and special teams and i do not see us winning this game, very little chance as the bears are better and more physical on defense, they have a running back and you know this year we are no longer a brick wall vs the run. thier special teams will eat us up and our hope is that lee has the same type of game monday as he did vs patrick peterson
??? They didn't do s**t against the Texans D'...Or did you mean the Texans' OFFENSE?

As for the game: So much about the proud Bears-D
[ Edited by communist on Nov 20, 2012 at 8:33 AM ]
Originally posted by ninermedic:
I can't believe that our team wins a big game, moves past Chicago for #2 in the conference, HUGE defensive effort, I mean AMAZING, strong play from the QB position off the bench...

and people are more interested in settling scores on the board? Come on! Just enjoy the game folks.
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Did Bowman really run down Hester? WOW

Next game Bowman can line up with Crabtree and Moss. Just TRY to tackle him!
Originally posted by diablo:
Originally posted by Nes49:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Harbaugh said they'll go with the Qb with the hot hand.

yea.

It kind of surprised me. I thought he would just say Smith when healthy.

You can't, not after Colin's game. He's the hot hand.

true. but it is just one game.

True, and it was supposedly against a "great" defense LOL
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
I sure am glad i was wrong about our team and defense last night. sure i went off the deep end but I just had some concerns in those areas and was glad to see the defense getting back to imposing thier will and thank god rushing the qb. I guess i am struggling to try to figure out this team. Last year was easy but this year I just never know what type of a game they will turn in. The ferocity of the defense really surprised me in a good way cuz that is the way i think they should play all the time. I think on the offensive side of the ball I was pretty consistent when I said, i have no worries about our qb and skill people but did worry about pass protection. again i was glad I was wrong on that issue. The rams game made me very upset because they were very un 49er like. i understand those who told me "it happens' parity, etc but still made me mad to see us get out coached and out played so i ranted. I just hope we can play well two games in a row now against a quality team in the dome. again i feel we are ok with whoever starts at qb,, defense and special teams will be a key and i do wish we could still cut down on penalitys. was i wrong about last night? of course i was and i am more than fine with that. if you guys want to dredge up old quotes i made, thats fine but i am going to take most of the fun out of it for you cuz i did misjudge our teams defense, i was wrong and i am more than fine with that
Originally posted by JimA49ers:
Originally posted by ninermedic:
I can't believe that our team wins a big game, moves past Chicago for #2 in the conference, HUGE defensive effort, I mean AMAZING, strong play from the QB position off the bench...

and people are more interested in settling scores on the board? Come on! Just enjoy the game folks.
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Did Bowman really run down Hester? WOW

Next game Bowman can line up with Crabtree and Moss. Just TRY to tackle him!

Not Bowman. Put Leonard Davis in as the 3rd WR.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JimA49ers:
Originally posted by Nes49:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Harbaugh said they'll go with the Qb with the hot hand.

yea.

It kind of surprised me. I thought he would just say Smith when healthy.

You can't, not after Colin's game. He's the hot hand.

true. but it is just one game.

True, and it was supposedly against a "great" defense LOL
i wish the coach had not said that, i think alex does not deserve to lose his spot based upon one, albiet, elite game from ck. I assume he said it for a reason but not sure why he said it. i am worried about ck in the dome vs a amped up saints team but I was worried about how we would do vs a good defense last night. i am staying out of the qb thing , I just think alex does not deserve to lose his job based on last night . of course i like ck so smith vs ck is not an issue for me. I think alex deserves to start if he is ok, i understand he may have a short leash and i am ok with that,, i just wish the coach would have kept that in house.. not a big deal but it bothers me the way he did it.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
oh i was a bit harsh on willis to last week . after seeing gore blow up lance briggs i understood those things happen even with a player like willis. when you lose or tie, those little things get blown up by some posters!

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
anyone else still rock hard?
anyone else still rock hard?

I am
I sure am glad i was wrong about our team and defense last night. sure i went off the deep end but I just had some concerns in those areas and was glad to see the defense getting back to imposing thier will and thank god rushing the qb. I guess i am struggling to try to figure out this team. Last year was easy but this year I just never know what type of a game they will turn in. The ferocity of the defense really surprised me in a good way cuz that is the way i think they should play all the time. I think on the offensive side of the ball I was pretty consistent when I said, i have no worries about our qb and skill people but did worry about pass protection. again i was glad I was wrong on that issue. The rams game made me very upset because they were very un 49er like. i understand those who told me "it happens' parity, etc but still made me mad to see us get out coached and out played so i ranted. I just hope we can play well two games in a row now against a quality team in the dome. again i feel we are ok with whoever starts at qb,, defense and special teams will be a key and i do wish we could still cut down on penalitys. was i wrong about last night? of course i was and i am more than fine with that. if you guys want to dredge up old quotes i made, thats fine but i am going to take most of the fun out of it for you cuz i did misjudge our teams defense, i was wrong and i am more than fine with that

As a penance, use paragraphs occasionally.

!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erswillbeback:
Kaepernick proved many of you wrong .

@cciowa I'm still laughing at your many predictions for this game. As i said the Bears OL would get beat up and Kaepernick would play as well or better then Alex Smith against a very good defense. I win you lose

Goodnight!
sure i deserve that, of course i do,, now i did say i had confidence in ck and our skill people, so throw me a small bone,,, preferably one that does not splinter and make me choke! i was down on our pass rush untill a good poster reminded me they had chilo so that made me feel better. you are right of course to put me on the skewer. i gave my opinion, i was wrong and i am more than fine with that
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:

As a penance, use paragraphs occasionally.

!
wow, you really want to me to go away! i do not have to do paragraphs. i have a note. plus that is to new of technology for me. i still have a flip phone.
Share 49ersWebzone