There are 210 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS CHICAGO BEARS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 10)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FourNine49:
On ESPN's ticker it says that Harbaugh says that "Colin has the hot hand"

HAHA talk about the media stirring things up

yes , that is not good reporting. i like the heated discussion they had on mnf football about that, i really think dilfer and young are the two best people they have on that set and company
Most impressive throw last night:

Briggs and Urlacher showing blitz in the A-gap. Kaep snaps it, Urlacher goes back into coverage, Briggs blitzes and is in Kaep's face, Kaep throws to Vernon Davis with 3 defenders blanketing him.

I believe this is the throw Davis was talking about in the post game referring Kaep to Tom Brady. That throw to me was more impressive than a wide open Kyle Williams corner route (which I must say was pretty damn good too)
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
I'm a bit surprised harbaugh would have said that...

Alex has played brilliantly this year except for the giants game. big whoop...Eli has had worse games that than on 3 occasions this year...

I love what Kap did, and he is obviously our starter. But, you're gonna throw Alex out like that after a concussion? i don't know...I hope it doesn't stir up anything in the locker room.
my worry to. i like both but i just do not think alex deserves to lose his spot just cuz he got hurt. i am not going into the qb thread about this, safer here. they say jh has a reason for saying what he says but i really wonder if he thought that one through. maybe he is trying to mess with the saints? but at the risk of dividing the locker room and throwing alex under the bus via nolan and sing? not everyone on here is either in a ck camp or alex camp. it does not have to be a civil war with the golden gate bridge being the mason dixon line
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
two best ILB in the league? discussion settled.

Bowman is outplaying WIllis big time this year

It's like getting big hit by the same guy twice. Last night Bowman came up like a missile to form tackle Forte. He tried to run away from that tackle only to run right into Willis for another form tackle. Sandwiched between #53 and #52 to end his run. Awesome!!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Most impressive throw last night:

Briggs and Urlacher showing blitz in the A-gap. Kaep snaps it, Urlacher goes back into coverage, Briggs blitzes and is in Kaep's face, Kaep throws to Vernon Davis with 3 defenders blanketing him.

I believe this is the throw Davis was talking about in the post game referring Kaep to Tom Brady. That throw to me was more impressive than a wide open Kyle Williams corner route (which I must say was pretty damn good too)
kyle has really come on strong as of late i think?

i think ginn is not very good in the return game or am i over reacting( i have a history there)

there, i did paragraphs
Originally posted by cciowa:

yes , that is not good reporting. i like the heated discussion they had on mnf football about that, i really think dilfer and young are the two best people they have on that set and company

It's changed now, but Mike Sando (ESPN's NFC West blogger) had the same misquote written in his blog too. He's changed it since, but that just goes to show you where ESPN is at
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by mayo49:
I haven't felt this good about our Qb situation in a long time. For the mean time start Kap and give Alex another week to heal up.

Yes! It seems to be an embarrassment of riches!

Originally posted by Gore_21:
give it up for special teams too. They didn't give hester an inch. All around great game by this team. All aspects were on fire.

Yep, all around the team showed up and played outstanding. Goes far beyong Kap's great play. OL, DL, ST, Secondary, VD got open, Crabtree, Bowman and Willis were ridiculous as were Aldon and Justin. Not the same team as last week. I think we had too many days off over those 3-4 weeks with the thursday game, then monday game then a bye and got too comfortable.

That was my biggest worry coming into the game...thought that Hester might have at least one TD. Boy it's nice to be wrong!
this times ten
was tolzien active?
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
was tolzien active?

yes
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

It's changed now, but Mike Sando (ESPN's NFC West blogger) had the same misquote written in his blog too. He's changed it since, but that just goes to show you where ESPN is at
the media is usually a very very willing partner in a quarterback controversy,, just read the new steve young joe montana book. i think alex and ck will not use the media to advance thier cause like joe and steve did

Originally posted by qnnhan7:

It's like getting big hit by the same guy twice. Last night Bowman came up like a missile to form tackle Forte. He tried to run away from that tackle only to run right into Willis for another form tackle. Sandwiched between #53 and #52 to end his run. Awesome!!
Anbody else notice how many of our starters including these two were on kick coverage last night. After some shakey weeks by our special teams you had to figure Hester was salivating...until he saw 52 and 53 barreling towards him!
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Anbody else notice how many of our starters including these two were on kick coverage last night. After some shakey weeks by our special teams you had to figure Hester was salivating...until he saw 52 and 53 barreling towards him!

Definitely noticed that. We needed help on ST coverage so Seely borrowed a couple guys. Especially against Hester. But I don't know if I what that to continue. Guys can get hurt on ST with guys coming from nowhere knocking people out when they least expected. I don't want guys like Bowman to get injured. He's too important. I saw Goldson too.
my worry to. i like both but i just do not think alex deserves to lose his spot just cuz he got hurt. i am not going into the qb thread about this, safer here.

lol
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:

Definitely noticed that. We needed help on ST coverage so Seely borrowed a couple guys. Especially against Hester. But I don't know if I what that to continue. Guys can get hurt on ST with guys coming from nowhere knocking people out when they least expected. I don't want guys like Bowman to get injured. He's too important. I saw Goldson too.
yes, it worked out very well but i am not sure i want to see that for the rest of the season. sad to say, we may have no choice,, or maybe we did that cuz it was hester.. yes that is a point of concern next year. rookies or free agents, we need to find people to multi task,,,,

I am glad our special teams were special last night but if we have to put some of our major major stars on special teams i am not sure how i feel about that.

paragraphs are dumb.. my body chemistry is all cockeyed now, sleeping pills make me wide awake,, deoderants are making me sweat.. but when you have to eat crow for dire predictions which never came true

If I am a RB and I go left and Willis is going to hit me and I go right and Bowman is going to hit me...I'm drifting right every time...just saying.
Share 49ersWebzone