LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 210 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS CHICAGO BEARS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 10)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by Nes49:
Y couldnt we just keep both? I would take 2 baller QBs over 1 "elite" QB. Look at the bears. They didn't have Cutler (not that I'm calling Jay Culter elite) & look at the results. Alex wasn't available & it was like our offense didn't skip a beat. We kept our balance.

Of course we would love to have both next year but hard to justify giving Smith 9.75 mil if he would get beat out. We need that for Goldson, Bowman, Brown, Aldon, Iupati, AD, etc over the next few years. H
if we cut Alex......we will extend Keap in 2 years so the extra cash is gone
Originally posted by jreff22:
for both next year its under 10 mill

I don't think Alex is expensive... like I said I think he is worth it. I would love to have both but let's say we let them battle it out it's going to be tough to pay alex 9.75 mil if Kap wins. If he is the starter he is worth it; if not sure the little bit Kap gets it evens out for the two and 10.5 mil or so isn't that bad for the QB spot but think of what we could do with cutting Alex.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Nov 19, 2012 at 9:12 PM ]
The thing that bugs me to an extreme with smith is that he's always checking down and rarely goes vertical. What I saw with kaep is poise, extending plays and big time plays down the field. Guarantee opposing defenses would prefer to see smith start, I just can't wait until kaep fully learns the game, the sky's the limit for him

I don't think Alex is expensive... like I said I think he is worth it. I would love to have both but let's say we let them battle it out it's going to be tough to pay alex 9.75 mil. If he is the starter he is worth it; if not sure the little bit Kap gets it evens out but think of what we could do with that money.
Flynn is around 7-8 mill

I would rather pay Alex than have what the Bears just showed
This game could be describe as one word.

FINALLY

Finally the OLine shows up
Finally the defense shows up
Finally the special teams made plays
Finally our receivers actually got open and had some sepration (I was in the Rams game - believe me there was no seperation).

Great Job CK

I don't think Alex is expensive... like I said I think he is worth it. I would love to have both but let's say we let them battle it out it's going to be tough to pay alex 9.75 mil if Kap wins. If he is the starter he is worth it; if not sure the little bit Kap gets it evens out for the two and 10.5 mil or so isn't that bad for the QB spot but think of what we could do with cutting Alex.

Would be the envy of every NFL team to have two QBs who can win every week...and both at discount rates. I guess this Baalke guy is pretty smart?
Flynn is around 7-8 mill

I would rather pay Alex than have what the Bears just showed

I totally get what you are saying and would be fine if we did that but another part of me says save that money and use it on Goldson and Bowman, etc. If we do go with Kap and expect to cut or trade Alex I draft a QB or sign one because not sure Tolzien would be ready.

But everything I am saying depends on if Alex keeps the job and how he does the rest of the season. If he takes us to the super bowl or deep into the playoffs I think about keeping him. If we are out in one game then I say we have to move on.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Nov 19, 2012 at 9:16 PM ]
1 game
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN

49ers TE Vernon Davis: "I felt like somebody took the handcuffs off me."
  • buck
  • Veteran
NFL.com has Aldon with 5.5 sacks in this game.

If that holds, he will have 15 sacks so far this year.

He was also third on team with 7 solo tackles and 1 assist. edit: No not third. Aldon tied with Willis for second in tackles

Not bad for a man who lost his explosiveness and would not be able to adapt to playing full-time outside linebacker.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/weeklyleaders?week=11&season=2012&type=REG&showCategory=Defensive

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012111900/2012/REG11/bears@49ers#menu=gamepass&tab=analyze&analyze=boxscore
[ Edited by buck on Nov 19, 2012 at 9:27 PM ]

Originally posted by Ajanke:
1 game

This is why I would want to continued with Kaep next week against the Saints. Lets see if Kaep can keep the level of play. I think he can and it would be good for us as a team to know.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

Would be the envy of every NFL team to have two QBs who can win every week...and both at discount rates. I guess this Baalke guy is pretty smart?

That's what I'm saying.
Wow 5.5 for aldon. Wooooow
Well, one thing's for sure, imma have to hire out-of-state armed guards here in Chicago tomorrow because I'm gonna enjoy gloating while sporting my 9er gear all day - even at work - complete with full blown I-told-you-so's.
Share 49ersWebzone