LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS CHICAGO BEARS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 10)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Darren Sharper saying Harbaugh "playing possum."
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
WOW
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by Ajanke:
yep he is leaving it open

DISINFORMATION

lol yep shall not let the Aints know what we're doing
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by diablo:
jim is leaving it open.

Just not showing his hand to the Saints
Next week at Saints will be much tougher. They will want revenge and they are a hot team. But I would say if Alex keeps the job the rest of the year he would probably have to go deep into the playoffs or super bowl to keep his job. It's going to be hard to pay him 9.75 (to me he is worth it) but we can use that money the next few years on extending Goldson, Bowman, Iupati, AD, Aldon, etc. Wonder if Alex would take a big cut to stay as backup if it happened like that? Might even be able to trade him in the offseason. I would love to have both but hard to justify paying a backup 9.75 mil.
Why would Harbaugh tell the Saints who is playing QB next week? He is well-known for this. No way is he gonna tip his hand and give them any sort of advantage. Brilliant by Harbaugh really.
C.K. all day just step up all night and the :D: great win !!!!!
The league just found out Kaep is more than a gimmick qb. A lot more
I think it's a mistake not to go back to Alex. You start Kaep when Alex is healthy and you officially have a qb controversy and all the problems that could come with that.

Personally I'm waiting to the end of the year. Just ride it as far as you can go with Alex.
Dominant game by the defense

2 INTs

7 sacks (A. Smith 5, J. Smith 1, Brooks 1)

2 Forced Fumbles

1 Safety

143 Yards

2.6 Yds/Play

Originally posted by Gore_21:
Next week at Saints will be much tougher. They will want revenge and they are a hot team. But I would say if Alex keeps the job the rest of the year he would probably have to go deep into the playoffs or super bowl to keep his job. It's going to be hard to pay him 9.75 (to me he is worth it) but we can use that money the next few years on extending Goldson, Bowman, Iupati, AD, Aldon, etc. Wonder if Alex would take a big cut to stay as backup if it happened like that? Might even be able to trade him in the offseason. I would love to have both but hard to justify paying a backup 9.75 mil.

yes and no.

Alex isn't cheap but he's not expensive. His salary would be enough to pay 1.5 starters but Keap will be up for a new contract in 2 years......
Amazing job by Kaep, i have been critical of the guy for a while, because I hadn't seen him in an actual NFL game.......but he proved that he definetely belongs in the league, great win!
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Why would Harbaugh tell the Saints who is playing QB next week? He is well-known for this. No way is he gonna tip his hand and give them any sort of advantage. Brilliant by Harbaugh really.

Yeah interesting. He said they made a decision to start Colin on Sunday because Alex was showing symptoms...yet Roman was saying "Alex looked sharp in practice."

Lol can't trust anything these guys say. They absolutely fooled the Bears.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
I think it's a mistake not to go back to Alex. You start Kaep when Alex is healthy and you officially have a qb controversy and all the problems that could come with that.

Personally I'm waiting to the end of the year. Just ride it as far as you can go with Alex.

Really doesn't matter when the line is protecting like it's doing. Good sh*t from the line tonite.
Originally posted by Gore_21:

Bring on the the aints .......
Share 49ersWebzone