There are 113 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Could Alex produce big numbers in a pass happy offense?

Obviously we are a run first team , and Alex is never going to be asked to go wild, and throw 35+ passes like some of the QB's in the league


but if we went crazy with the passing game , and scripted plays for a bunch of shots downfield , do you think Alex could develop into a gunslinger and become a dangerous pocket passer??
IBTM
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Obviously we are a run first team , and Alex is never going to be asked to go wild, and throw 35+ passes like some of the QB's in the league


but if we went crazy with the passing game , and scripted plays for a bunch of shots downfield , do you think Alex could develop into a gunslinger and become a dangerous pocket passer??

One does not develop into a gunslinger. Gunslinger is a mentality that Alex just hasn't displayed.
If he could learn that when a WR has two steps on a defensive back, said WR is considered "open," then I am sure he could. The way he plays right now, I have serious doubts.
What he do in Utah?
Originally posted by verb1der:
What he do in Utah?

Played against college players.
Originally posted by verb1der:
What he do in Utah?

Throw to wide open receivers that were easy presnap reads on mismatches.
He would probably throw a lot of ints.
Originally posted by susweel:
He would probably throw a lot of ints.

Yep, and probably be benched. So no he wouldn't, he wouldn't get a chance.
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Originally posted by verb1der:
What he do in Utah?

Played against college players.

lol, brilliant!
yea big turnover numbers. He doesn't have the pocket presence nor the balls to be a gunslinger. The 2 games we needed him to be a gunslinger this year led to him throwing int after int.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by susweel:
He would probably throw a lot of ints.

Yep, and probably be benched. So no he wouldn't, he wouldn't get a chance.

You have manage him and limit his attempts to keep him efficient. He's just not capable of slinging the ball around 40 times a game and staying mistake free. JH and the staff knows this and thats why our offense is what it is.
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Originally posted by verb1der:
What he do in Utah?

Played against college players.

Well, as he was himself a college player this seems a pretty fatuous comment.
Naw we had to throw a lot this season in Minn (35 attempts( and NYG (30 attempt).

He did well in the Lions game though throwing a lot i think.

We lost convincingly both times. Our strength is running complimented by short passing.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Nov 7, 2012 at 11:01 AM ]
Originally posted by Joecool:
One does not develop into a gunslinger. Gunslinger is a mentality that Alex just hasn't displayed.

Game
Set
Match