There are 150 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jacobs Tweet

He just wants to play but this tweeting is very unprofessional but I'm not surprised knowing his history.
send this to jed and other writers to have this punk out this team
I sent to Matt B.
  • AmpLee
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Jakemall:
I sent to Matt B.

Originally posted by AmpLee:
I can see them on the link RM posted but not on Brandon Jacobs' twitter page. I don't really understand Twitter, but why can't I see them on his page?

You can see them on the zone's link to player twitters.
Too bad really because I was excited to have him on the team.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Originally posted by pd24:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Jacobs doesnt feel that way because he feels like he isnt really part of the team. You think that he wouldnt be thinking "team team team" if he was getting 5 or so carries a game, which were helping us win?

Its hard to convince someone to believe the team is like a family when you arent really part of the team.

personally, i feel like he's the only one not buying in.

First of all, do you know how other practice squaders think about their situations? Or is it just because those other guys havent been outspoken?

Secondly, IF you are correct in saying he is the only one not buying in, how can you blame the guy? He is an NFL vet that hasnt been given a single second of playing time. I dont see how you can compare his situation to our other practice squaders, because their situations are vastly different.

First of all, he isn't on the PS and he draws an NFL paycheck.

Practice squad players get paid too dude.

And ok, yes if you want to argue about my word choice and not the message of what I said, fine. Thats your call. But Jacobs is basically a glorified practice squader at this point.

No, if he was on the PS he would be free to go to another team. and PS squad players make like 200K, Jacobs is making over a million.

Once again, you are focussing on a tiny issue and not the big picture.

The big picture is he was brought in to be the 3rd or 4th RB and nobody was sure he would even make the team. He made it, but isn't beter than the 2 RB's that are getting 5YPC, so he isn't playing. That is all there is to it. The Giants cut him, no other team wanted him, so he signed here.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Jacobs doesnt feel that way because he feels like he isnt really part of the team. You think that he wouldnt be thinking "team team team" if he was getting 5 or so carries a game, which were helping us win?

Its hard to convince someone to believe the team is like a family when you arent really part of the team.

personally, i feel like he's the only one not buying in.

First of all, do you know how other practice squaders think about their situations? Or is it just because those other guys havent been outspoken?

Secondly, IF you are correct in saying he is the only one not buying in, how can you blame the guy? He is an NFL vet that hasnt been given a single second of playing time. I dont see how you can compare his situation to our other practice squaders, because their situations are vastly different.

First of all, he isn't on the PS and he draws an NFL paycheck.

Practice squad players get paid too dude.

And ok, yes if you want to argue about my word choice and not the message of what I said, fine. Thats your call. But Jacobs is basically a glorified practice squader at this point.

No, if he was on the PS he would be free to go to another team. and PS squad players make like 200K, Jacobs is making over a million.

Once again, you are focussing on a tiny issue and not the big picture.

The "big picture" is that he is the 4th best RB on this team (I put Dixon 3rd best because of his ST work). I would much rather see those 5 carries you talk about given to Gore and Hunter. It's unfortunate that hes not playing, but its because we have better options to go to.

Also, who do we make inactive in order for him to play? do we sacrifice depth at other positions in order to activate a 4th RB on gamedays???
When the 49ers signed Jacobs, he obviously knew what his role was. Maybe the 3rd down situations were talked about, and such.

When Gore and Hunter are playing well together, best not to add more wrinkles. We all know what happened when CK took the field, losing rythm, and all that.

Either way, at 6-2 (& 19-5), the coaches know what they are doing.
twitter is lame and so is jacobs
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
The tweets are still there

I can see them on the link RM posted but not on Brandon Jacobs' twitter page. I don't really understand Twitter, but why can't I see them on his page?

on his page where it says this Tweets All / No replies select ALL and it will show you all the tweets
Gonna be interesting to see how this plays out...publicly or quietly...
Jacobs is gonna be Jacobs. My issue is that he is setting a bad example for the rookies by involving them in it. If the dude wants out, trade him to the chiefs, Jags or Browns. He will lose a lot but at least he will play.
Someone should send his tweets to ESPN Audibles also
[ Edited by drake49er on Nov 1, 2012 at 4:10 PM ]
Originally posted by drake49er:
Someone should send his tweets to ESPN Audibles also

this