There are 290 users in the forums

Jacobs Tweet

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by Prospector:
Originally posted by Oregon49erfan:
Stopped reading at the bold print. Invalidated this entire post. Dixon may "think" he is lightning, but is actually very far from it. Have you even seen him run?

Dixon is the backup to the #2 Halfback. He's the guy on the roster. What do you want me to say, cut him? If they had found a better option, they would have replaced him. Yes, there is a rookie but they seem determined to redshirt him. It doesn't invalidate the rest of the argument, which is Jacobs is there as Gore's backup.

Dixon can play special teams and he has been running better lately.
dixon is to slow on special teams, the loss of two studs from last year and the play of dixon is the main reason why our coverage has been horrid,, in regards to his running,, he runs vs the other teams second and third defense, hardly a ringing endorsement in my opinion. back up lightening is pretty funny. sorry but it is
He complained earlier in the year, had a chat with JH and was quiet. Now he tweets, will likely have another chat with JH and then...? If he is a locker room cancer he will be gone. If he is working hard and will be ready if needed...no problem. If he gave the game plan to NY...use him for misinformation in the playoffs. Cue the music for Secret Agent Man! Or should it be The Prisoner?
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Nov 4, 2012 at 10:12 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
He complained earlier in the year, had a chat with JH and was quiet. How he tweets, will likely have another chat with JH and then...? If he is a locker room cancer he will be gone. If he is working hard and will be ready if needed...no problem. If he gave the game plan to NY...use him for misinformation in the playoffs. Cue the music for Secret Agent Man! Or should it be The Prisoner?
car 54 where are you
  • BobS
  • Veteran
I don't understand coaches who let players rot on the bench and not even play in garbage time. It hurts a guy's morale to practice all week and then not see the field on Sunday. When we are up big late there shouldn't be starter on the field.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BobS:
I don't understand coaches who let players rot on the bench and not even play in garbage time. It hurts a guy's morale to practice all week and then not see the field on Sunday. When we are up big late there shouldn't be starter on the field.
maybe they are in the dog house for whatever reason? in regards to ck, that is not the case cuz i think alex was playing at such a high level monday it made no sense to mess with qb thing but the jacobs thing is a puzzler
Originally posted by cciowa:
maybe they are in the dog house for whatever reason? in regards to ck, that is not the case cuz i think alex was playing at such a high level monday it made no sense to mess with qb thing but the jacobs thing is a puzzler

A lot of players were used last year, even hunter was used as a rookie

This whole red shirt thing is going to blow up in JHs face, hope im wrong
I agree with you.. Dixon needs to be used more often late in a games. you have to be active first......but seriously I do hate when Hunter is out there when the game is obviously over.
Not sure how many RBs they keep active but it seems they are committed to Dixon on STs and thus the dilemma. Gore, Hunter, Miller and Dixon are the guys they think most important to winning. So if they put Jacobs and James on the active list who do they sit? Same problem with Jenkins. Crabtree, Manningham, Moss, Williams, and Ginn for STs are keys to the offense and STs.

If they activate Jacobs and sit Miller then they eliminate their FB options (unless Jacobs knows that position). If they sit Dixon then the STs may suffer as they already lost their two most important STs players in FAcy. I would imagine Dixon is active to appease Seely. I wonder if Jacobs volunteered to play STs in training camp?

Playing all players occasionally is a great idea but which players to make active makes that difficult.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Nov 4, 2012 at 10:22 AM ]
Originally posted by Marsh:
Trade him

He's a bad dude. I'm not gonna PM him.
Maybe he's our secret weapon for the playoffs. With Aj and Lamichael.

JH may be training these guys up for 3-4 special plays so when we line them up in the playoffs, Bears or Falcons or whoever won't have a freaking clue what play we're about to do if all these 3 line up in the offense.

Originally posted by smithc28:

JH may be training these guys up for 3-4 special plays so when we line them up in the playoffs, Bears or Falcons or whoever won't have a freaking clue what play we're about to do if all these 3 line up in the offense.

lol

we aren't going to put 2 rookies into a serious situation in a playoff game for 1 special play
Originally posted by jreff22:

lol

we aren't going to put 2 rookies into a serious situation in a playoff game for 1 special play

what if they play is really really special?
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Originally posted by jreff22:

lol

what if they play is really really special?

the super double secret plays usually end in failure
"@gatorboy45: Never work in a place where you hate your boss so much, you should always be happy at work.#YouLiveAndYouLearn"

smh this dude keeps tweeting and talking about nonsense. He even mentioned tiki barber....

some dude asked How's frisco treatin you? his response terrible..
[ Edited by niner4ever12 on Nov 15, 2012 at 12:39 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone