Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
If it is so easy to dink and dunk for 18-19 and 3 TDs, why doesn't every journeyman QB do it? And often?
No one seems to have an answer for these questions.
I can only speak for myself in answering this, but....
1. I don't think its "easy" to dink and dunk for 18-19. However, that doesn't mean that Smith isn't very limited (pocket presence/accurcy on interm/long throws)
2. I think the ego alone of ALL nfl QBs (journey man or elite) makes them take some tough shots down field (throwing lower percentage throws) Smith doesn't have much of an ego.
3. He's allowed to dink and dunk against teams like the Cards, because our D is so dominant and so is our run game.
4. As this season has shown, we are in big trouble when we face well balanced teams that can score.
5. Smith seems more than willing to take a sack if he isnt' comfortable with what he sees. He should have thrown the ball away. I've never seen a qb DO THAT!
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Nov 1, 2012 at 1:26 PM ]