LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

Weekly Greg Cossell Analysis

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Hated or not, Cossell has a highly credible perspective. I really don't want to turn the Alex Smith thread into a nit-picky thread, especially after he plays well and our team literally dominated and slapped around a fairly respected defense team.

I would like to use this thread to discuss things the team can improve upon per the weekly comments of Greg Cossell.

Arizona Game Analysis:
http://murphmac.blogspot.com/2012/11/1101-nfl-films-senior-producer-greg.html

1. Smith: only threw 3 passes more than 10 yards. Not one over 20. Can't live like that week to week. Still concerned about the 49ers explosiveness.
  2. Smith: Great throw, incredibly accurate to Crabtree for that first TD.
  3. ARI offense is just bad. Combine that with the 49ers defense and there you have it.
  4. Aldon and Brooks are the most athletic OLBs in a 3-4 in the NFL
  5. Crabtree: looked very quick after the catch
[ Edited by Joecool on Nov 1, 2012 at 2:05 PM ]
With analysis like this, it's so clear now what an expert this guy is. Wow. Awesome stuff.

The long one to VD and another to Delanie. What were they...

Incredible the crying that is done around here Can't take this seriously anymore
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Nov 1, 2012 at 10:06 AM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Probably one of the 3 between 10 and 20 yards?
This was the first game i watched from AS where he actually threw a good ball and let the WRs do the rest.

AS, No more high throws please, Keep it up !
Originally posted by Joecool:

No how many yards were they exactly or is it too much to state.
I like Greg Cossell.
Originally posted by NinerGod:
I like Greg Cossell.

He's no Howard
Originally posted by NinerGod:
I like Greg Cossell.

do you like like him?
Originally posted by Joecool:

No how many yards were they exactly or is it too much to state.

I don't know. The Play-by-Play only shows the total yards including YAC. Cossell was talking about how far the ball was in the air from the LOS.

Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
With analysis like this, it's so clear now what an expert this guy is. Wow. Awesome stuff.

About as credible as one can get. He hasn't been wrong often about the 49ers.
2nd & 15, Delanie caught the ball 5yds beyond the 1st down mark. Add that up and it's 20yds throw. He actually shuffled for 3 more yards for total of 23yds play

I haven't even looked at the VD yet.
I seem to recall a player from AZ saying something like "the 9ers will run at you and then throw it deep to keep you honest." So I think it would be pretty obvious that they'd try to take away the deep pass and the running game and give up the stuff in the middle.

So Alex took what they gave him. I fail to see the problem with this.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
I seem to recall a player from AZ saying something like "the 9ers will run at you and then throw it deep to keep you honest." So I think it would be pretty obvious that they'd try to take away the deep pass and the running game and give up the stuff in the middle.

So Alex took what they gave him. I fail to see the problem with this.

The problem is that the ball did not travel far enough through the air enough times to actually count. WHY IS THIS SO HARD FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND???????

• cciowa
  • Veteran
what is the big deal with short passes,, you pick up ten yards a time at least, you move the chains, you get first downs, you chew up the clock, you keep your defense rested, you keep the other team off the field,, maybe you get lucky and you get some yards after the catch, you move down field , you do not get stupid and change quarterbacks, you get some points,. not sure what the problem is. gobble gobble
Share 49ersWebzone