There are 62 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Would Alex Smith be on this Roster if Eddie D. was Still Owner of this TEAM ?

Would Alex Smith be on this Roster if Eddie D. was Still Owner of this TEAM ?

Jeff Garcia would still be the QB....
I say yes. He would have hired a coaching staff that knows how to develop a QB. Not throw him into the fire at 21 years old with the worst team in history.
Originally posted by CollgeBoyWithaSS:
I say yes. He would have hired a coaching staff that knows how to develop a QB. Not throw him into the fire at 21 years old with the worst team in history.

Nope we would have taken Aaron Rodgers.
Originally posted by Faraz80:
Yeah, I think Eddie would have given him one year after Norv left, then the boot.

On a side note, you gotta admit....the passion by which Eddie D. ran this organization was unprecedented at the time. Watching that special brought tears to my eyes. Everyone likes to make quips about fans being "armchair coaches", etc. but Eddie D. made decisions based on what a lot of people were thinking. He got rid of Seifert when he couldnt beat GB....he got rid of Montana when he felt the guy couldnt get back from injury...he would go out and put together a SB roster when we were seriously trying to make a run. Yeah sure....all of that put us in salary cap hell, but I loved his fire and emotion for the game.

No way we go 10 years without a playoff game in the 00s if he was around.

Eddie would give his consent to moves but he did not put the team together or chose the players, he just gave an open ckbook. You are the manager, you tell him we need this guy and why and what it would take money was and would go -go for it. He did not cut the players and all. He did not want to ax montana-but montana told him it was okay and best for the organization and himself (montana) if they parted ways. It was his ability to put the right people (walsh and mkvay then policy and clark) in place and give his full support and not get in the way like Jerry Jones or Daniel Snyder. Then when he did try to get to involve and breathing over peoples back, they lost muster (Walsh left cause eddie started to get involve).
Originally posted by CollgeBoyWithaSS:

Really? You do realize this is the same man that hired Joe Thomas who put us in purgatory. Along with several coaches before Walsh? Hiring the right coach and GM is a little like the draft, sometimes you need a little luck.
To answer ur question yes he would ! The reason why I say that is because he would have gotten a legit head coach after mooche and not abunch of chumps. Maybe Alex wouldn't blow as much if he had a great system in place
f**k No

Eddie D wouldn't put up with crappy players.

Im hopeful this will be his last year on the team.
Yea f**k Alex tired of his bs
Would Eddie D have hired a first time head coach with no experience with the offense? Only if he already worked for the team and showed superb ability. Would he have made Singletary the Assistant HC? No, not enough experience.

If Smith had the same first three years with good coaches? No, he would have been gone.
Eddie left personnel matters to the people who knew about those things. Bill woulda cut him.
niners would have rodgers on the bench and brady still starting.
[ Edited by keeferr75 on Oct 26, 2012 at 5:24 PM ]
  • fly15
  • Veteran
no, he would be considered one of the biggest bust of all time
This just isn't a no, it's a hell no!!!!
Well we had Montana and Steve Young on the roster in those days. So no. But we haven't drafted or obtained a player in FA like that recently. So he is what we have.