There are 192 users in the forums

Will Jenkins and/or James be activated this season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by SFrush:
Courtney Upshaw at 30? pass. He wasn't a good pass rusher at Alabama and he won't be one in the NFL.

would you like depth at OLB now or have a WR that never starts?
we drafted for depth later in the draft at OLB
Upshaw offers more compared to Fleming and we have a good shot at going early for OLB this year.
I really want to see these two play.... I feel like a kid who's not allowed to open on Christmas morning....
Courtney Upshaw at 30? pass. He wasn't a good pass rusher at Alabama and he won't be one in the NFL.

Upshaw offers more compared to Fleming and we have a good shot at going early for OLB this year.
such as?

Courtney Upshaw has 36 tackles, 23 solo, 0.5 sacks, and a FR as a backup. He would have helped imensly.

Oliver Vernon could have been had in the second as well. He has 21 tackles and 2.5 sacks. as a DE/OLB
I'm not a drafting a backup OLB at 30 unless he's an outstanding pass rusher.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

Courtney Upshaw has 36 tackles, 23 solo, 0.5 sacks, and a FR as a backup. He would have helped imensly.

He was a starter who lost his starting job and his now a backup thats pretty s**tty
only if there is a player hurt...

I'm not drafting a backup WR at 30 unless he's an outstanding pass catcher or has a ridiculous ceiling
Kourtney upshaw, Derek Wolfe, Doug martin, Janoris Jenkins, Coby Fleener. Those are just a couple of guys that we could have had in the first that would have at the very least been active on gamedays. There are more.

Tons of lineman also went between our first and second, that we could have made a play for

Then you have the second pick, could have had casey Hayward, Oliver Vernon, Dwayne Allen, just to name a couple of guys that would have also been at the very least active on gamedays.

There really is no excuse for the way this draft was handled

Im asking cciowa to give me names cuz he is obviously just riding your jock and doesnt know what he is talking about. Hindsight is 20/20, lets look at the facts prior to the draft shall we?

We signed Manningham, Moss and Ginn. Crabtree and Williams were the only guys under contract. You knew what you were gonna get from Manningham and Crabtree. No one knew what Moss was gonna bring to the table after being off for a year, We know Ginn is only around for his special teams ability and there were talks of Kyle Williams not even making the team. Made perfect sense to get a WR especially if the niners were taking BPA on their boards not yours or cciowas.

the pick of James was the same thing. Hunter and Gore were the only proven guys. Jacobs seemed like he was only here for short yardage stuff and again talks fo Dixon not even making the team cuz he wasnt progressing as RB like they thought he would. No garauntee that if we drafted Martin in the first that he would be suiting up especially considering how well Gore and Hunter have performed . Wolfe is the only guy that you mentioned that could have seen playing time but obviously the Niners didnt feel as good about him as you to draft him in the first round. We are also stacked at CB so I dont know why you are rattling off CB names cuz they wouldnt be seeing any playing time over Rogers, Brown and Culliver

cciowa can think for himself. Im not stating anything remarkable to have anyone ride my Jock, im simply putting the truth out there, but you guys keep wanting to go back to the depth at the WR/RB position. Neither of those positions should have been adressed with the #1 or #2 picks.

You talk about Wolfe being the only player out of the ones i listed that would have contributed, thats a falsity and you know it. Every single one of the players i listed would be active on gamedays and have atleast a shot at contributing. Not to mention the others that i didnt even bother listing. Every single one of those guys i listed would be active. Period. I dont ask for superstars year one. I do however ask that more than 0 players contribute in their first year.

I'm not drafting a backup WR at 30 unless he's an outstanding pass catcher or has a ridiculous ceiling

AJ Jenkins FTW
Kourtney upshaw, Derek Wolfe, Doug martin, Janoris Jenkins, Coby Fleener. Those are just a couple of guys that we could have had in the first that would have at the very least been active on gamedays. There are more.

Tons of lineman also went between our first and second, that we could have made a play for

Then you have the second pick, could have had casey Hayward, Oliver Vernon, Dwayne Allen, just to name a couple of guys that would have also been at the very least active on gamedays.

There really is no excuse for the way this draft was handled

Im asking cciowa to give me names cuz he is obviously just riding your jock and doesnt know what he is talking about. Hindsight is 20/20, lets look at the facts prior to the draft shall we?

We signed Manningham, Moss and Ginn. Crabtree and Williams were the only guys under contract. You knew what you were gonna get from Manningham and Crabtree. No one knew what Moss was gonna bring to the table after being off for a year, We know Ginn is only around for his special teams ability and there were talks of Kyle Williams not even making the team. Made perfect sense to get a WR especially if the niners were taking BPA on their boards not yours or cciowas.

the pick of James was the same thing. Hunter and Gore were the only proven guys. Jacobs seemed like he was only here for short yardage stuff and again talks fo Dixon not even making the team cuz he wasnt progressing as RB like they thought he would. No garauntee that if we drafted Martin in the first that he would be suiting up especially considering how well Gore and Hunter have performed . Wolfe is the only guy that you mentioned that could have seen playing time but obviously the Niners didnt feel as good about him as you to draft him in the first round. We are also stacked at CB so I dont know why you are rattling off CB names cuz they wouldnt be seeing any playing time over Rogers, Brown and Culliver

cciowa can think for himself. Im not stating anything remarkable to have anyone ride my Jock, im simply putting the truth out there, but you guys keep wanting to go back to the depth at the WR/RB position. Neither of those positions should have been adressed with the #1 or #2 picks.

You talk about Wolfe being the only player out of the ones i listed that would have contributed, thats a falsity and you know it. Every single one of the players i listed would be active on gamedays and have atleast a shot at contributing. Not to mention the others that i didnt even bother listing. Every single one of those guys i listed would be active. Period. I dont ask for superstars year one. I do however ask that more than 0 players contribute in their first year.

Unlikely but you can believe whatever your little heart desires, im done with this. YOu have no idea what kind of production Fleming could have given us if he never got hurt. Also you dont know the Niners draft plan, its easy to criticize with hindsight. I still like this draft and im glad this team is so deep that our draft picks get to sit and learn. Good day sir

AJ Jenkins FTW

with either of those attributes he should be able to surpass KW

AJ Jenkins FTW

with either of those attributes he should be able to surpass KW
He will next year

He was a starter who lost his starting job and his now a backup thats pretty s**tty

LOL really? thats a reach. Could it be that Suggs got healthy and back into the lineup? Couldnt be that could it?
Share 49ersWebzone