LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 218 users in the forums

Will Jenkins and/or James be activated this season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
The 49ers just can't win with us (current fan base). Same people crying about Alex Smith playing way to early in his career (stating that he should have had a year to sit) are now saying that our top two draft picks need to be on the field right away!

So what is it; JH Player developement plan or Nolan/Singletary throw them in sink or swim style?

QB are developmental picks. RB's and WR's should be able to go very early. Hunter did it just fine being a 4th rounder, Miller did it fine after switching from DE and was a Pro Bowl alternate.
It worked well for Culliver too, but these guys were probably the exception! Better for a rookie to sit, watch, and adjust unless that Rookie is an Aldon Smith or a Patrick Willis. Remember, these guys also had grown man body's and were very high picks.
The 49ers just can't win with us (current fan base). Same people crying about Alex Smith playing way to early in his career (stating that he should have had a year to sit) are now saying that our top two draft picks need to be on the field right away!

So what is it; JH Player developement plan or Nolan/Singletary throw them in sink or swim style?

QB are developmental picks. RB's and WR's should be able to go very early. Hunter did it just fine being a 4th rounder, Miller did it fine after switching from DE and was a Pro Bowl alternate.
It worked well for Culliver too, but these guys were probably the exception! Better for a rookie to sit, watch, and adjust unless that Rookie is an Aldon Smith or a Patrick Willis. Remember, these guys also had grown man body's and were very high picks.
Fully agree with said statements. But the case i see is Jenkins should get some game time, he look really good last time he got action, unlike james who couldn't do anything right. I would think jenkins is further along still, and would be a better option in the passing game than Ginn has ever been. I'd like to see both get some game time just incase we need them at some point in the playoffs. Also give gore some rest soon because where going to need him full go.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:

Fully agree with said statements. But the case i see is Jenkins should get some game time, he look really good last time he got action, unlike james who couldn't do anything right. I would think jenkins is further along still, and would be a better option in the passing game than Ginn has ever been. I'd like to see both get some game time just incase we need them at some point in the playoffs. Also give gore some rest soon because where going to need him full go.

Disagree with the bolded. James did plenty right in the preseason, what he did do wrong he did poorly -- which was punt returns - the 1 or 2 times he got his hands on a KICKOFF return he got 25-30 yards. He averaged about 5 YPC and he didn't have any glaring screw up in pass protection, his biggest time in the spotlight wasnt even for a screw up but for the sprained ankle he sustained in pass protection against Houston(IIRC).
oh shiet..

Trenton Robinson ‏@T_Robinson39
Happy for my bro @LaMichaelJames finally get to ball on these boys good things come with patience
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
FWIW Trent Baalke came out and said LaMike would play soon
Originally posted by FL9er:
FWIW Trent Baalke came out and said LaMike would play soon

he's not calling the plays
Originally posted by verb1der:
oh shiet..

Trenton Robinson ‏@T_Robinson39
Happy for my bro @LaMichaelJames finally get to ball on these boys good things come with patience

he dont know s**t

again Hunter and Miller played early and made an immediate impact
I think there's a good chance that both of them will be active this week. I want to see them on the field. I want to see if Jenkins can stretch the field and I'd like to see James catch a swing pass in space and juke guys out of their shoes.
Share 49ersWebzone