LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 335 users in the forums

Will Jenkins and/or James be activated this season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
with James & Kaep the read option would be real fun
Originally posted by pdizo916:
that fat guy ratto said that harbaugh does not like small backs. So if this is the case, then why did the team draft lamike? Seems like a wasted draft pick.

But he's oh, so talented!!!!

49ers have added Hunter and LMJ since Harbaugh got here...for a guy who doesn't like small backs he gets plenty out of Hunter fo sho
Time to activate these guys and see what we have in them. I hate to question this coaching staff, but I don't understand why James and Jenkins are seeing ZERO playing time. James is a logical fit to take Hunter's role as the spell HB. With Manningham out, now is a great chance to put in Jenkins. I really think if given the opportunity, these guys can make a positive contribution. Jacobs and Ginn should not be playing over these guys. It's a mistake.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Time to activate these guys and see what we have in them. I hate to question this coaching staff, but I don't understand why James and Jenkins are seeing ZERO playing time. James is a logical fit to take Hunter's role as the spell HB. With Manningham out, now is a great chance to put in Jenkins. I really think if given the opportunity, these guys can make a positive contribution. Jacobs and Ginn should not be playing over these guys. It's a mistake.

Is manningham out now also? or was that a slip and you meant williams?

ETA: nevermind, just read the article. f**k
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Dec 2, 2012 at 6:50 PM ]
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Is manningham out now also? or was that a slip and you meant williams?

ETA: nevermind, just read the article. f**k

Not officially out, but Maiocco saw Manningham in the locker room after the game and said he would be very surprised if he played next week.
We sure as hell could have used LaMike yesterday, Gore and Jacobs do not have the speed to get to the edge. Or run game was horrible, Hunter has great speed to the edge, and that was missing yesterday. LaMike must really suck or he would have been in there.
It seems more than passing strange to me that for a HC who doesn't like rooks out there making mistakes, that COY JH, has an rook qb take over at game # 12 in the season, but doesn't even suit up LaMic and AJ until hunter and kyle went down. Hey, I know LaMic couldn't field a punt in PS, and that AJ had trouble catching the ball. But I still would have liked to see them in games that we won outright. Sadly, that didn't happen. By rights, JH, shouldn't have had kap become the starter, because rooks make mistakes. Well, he made Kap the starter....and ....he made game killing mistakes. Oh boy, can't wait for next game to see what kap learns this time.
The 49ers just can't win with us (current fan base). Same people crying about Alex Smith playing way to early in his career (stating that he should have had a year to sit) are now saying that our top two draft picks need to be on the field right away!

So what is it; JH Player developement plan or Nolan/Singletary throw them in sink or swim style?
Originally posted by glorydayz:
The 49ers just can't win with us (current fan base). Same people crying about Alex Smith playing way to early in his career (stating that he should have had a year to sit) are now saying that our top two draft picks need to be on the field right away!

So what is it; JH Player developement plan or Nolan/Singletary throw them in sink or swim style?

QB are developmental picks. RB's and WR's should be able to go very early. Hunter did it just fine being a 4th rounder, Miller did it fine after switching from DE and was a Pro Bowl alternate.
I was fine with them sitting at the beginning of the year but now its time for them to play. We need a HR threat in our run game and now that Hunter is out James needs to fill that role. Manningham is banged up and Ginn has no business running routes. Jenkins needs to play too

If they are going to give Kaepernick on the job training then they need to do the same with these 2
[ Edited by WookieOftheYear on Dec 3, 2012 at 2:33 PM ]

We need a faster presence in the back field, Hunter was able to get to the edge, and horizontally defense, it is a wider box with hunter in the game. I was hoping that LaMike would step in this week as that change of pace guy who can get to the edge at any time. Anyone who has played or coached knows one of the easist ways to make plays is to get the ball to your fastest player out on the edge. Gore is to old and slow to threaten the edge. I just wonder why the hell we didn't see a fly sweep, and a couple of toss pitch sweeps to LMJ, he can't be that bad can he?
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
I was fine with them sitting at the beginning of the year but now its time for them to play. We need a HR threat in our run game and now that Hunter is out James needs to fill that role. Manningham is banged up and Ginn has no business running routes. Jenkins needs to play too

If they are going to give Kaepernick on the job training then they need to do the same with these 2

If Ginn couldn't return kicks, he would be out of the league by now! He has no business on the playing field unless he is returning kicks, and even then I don't think his heart is in being a return guy. If LMJ could return kicks Ginn would be on the street.
They should but probably wont
Harbs is saving them as secret weapons for the playoffs. Teams will have no NFL season game film to study on these guys.
I'd be more inclined to play Jenkins. He gets good separation and rifle-armed Kaep can get him the ball in stride. Get AJ some playing time these last games so he's not totally green for the playoffs. Assuming Manningham is banged up, I'd MUCH rather see AJ than Ginnster.
Share 49ersWebzone