There are 109 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Will Jenkins and/or James be activated this season?

Wasn't Jenkins active against Detroit (but didn't see the field)?
Originally posted by captveg:
Wasn't Jenkins active against Detroit (but didn't see the field)?

I think it was the GB game but im not to sure.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I have no idea as I haven't really seen Jenkins or James in those situations enough. I think its very clear Ginn is much better than KW in the return game, but at 2mm ( I think) a year and no appearance at WR I doubt Ginn sticks. My guess is we significantly cut down our positions at WR and RB next year, and I expect us to go with a youth movement. KW has shown to be a decent WR and a solid return man, so I bet he stays.
yes, i think the team kind of messed up by keeping so many wide outs and backs. could have used more defensive line and linebacker help, in looking back on the thing

I couldn't agree more.
Im more intrested in seeing Kaep or Tolzien Activated than James and Jenkins.
Probably not unless there are multiple injuries. Bad job of drafting if they aren't good enough to contribute.
I couldn't agree more.

Signing Jacobs and then drafting James while having Gore, Hunter and Dixon on the roster was head scratching. I read Jacobs was insurance for Dixon, so why draft James? And Dixon is more valuable than Jacobs as a 3rd back because he's a special teams guy.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by UKNiners:
I couldn't agree more.

Signing Jacobs and then drafting James while having Gore, Hunter and Dixon on the roster was head scratching. I read Jacobs was insurance for Dixon, so why draft James? And Dixon is more valuable than Jacobs as a 3rd back because he's a special teams guy.
in my opinion dixon is a very poor special teams guy, should have kept rock but that has nothing to do with the thread
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
We can't say that 2012 is a good or bad draft yet. We just don't know. It's already been proven that this coaching staff will take play makers off of the field (see Randy Moss after the 55 yard completion against the Giants). So the theory that they are just not letting Jenkins and James play is very believable to me. I honestly don't expect to see Jenkins until next year and it doesn't bother me. There is no room and we aren't using our receivers as it is. Moss and Crabtree in particular could be doing a lot more. Manningham has been a pleasant surprise and I look forward to him starting next season and not having to rotate. I think James has a chance to appear this season. No one can tell me that Celek brings more to the table than LaMichael James does at this point. Bring him in to run a screen and see what he can do.

Reading is fundamental:" The rebuttal to this post by members will be that you can't judge drafts etc."
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
Probably not unless there are multiple injuries. Bad job of drafting if they aren't good enough to contribute.

Yea, we should just cut them. Too bad there is no such thing as developing talent.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:

Yea, we should just cut them. Too bad there is no such thing as developing talent.
no offense to james but the need of a pass rusher outweighs the want for another running back in my opinion
Would love to see both of these guys on the field in the very near future.

I would expect that they would get limited playing time to begin with but lets get real, our current crop of wr's are still not getting seperation.

We drafted Jenkins for this very reason. Is he not learning the playbook? Is his route tree limited? Don't know but on a limited basis we could get the dude coached up for specific routes and situations which should help us out in the speed factor alone.

And I would love to see James in the backfield for a few screens or swing passes! Dude makes people miss and we need that dynamic as well!

If we get them in there for a play here and there, they would be better prepared if we need them come playoff time, which I think we will.
The super bowl champs have a more explosive offense than us and their top two picks (RB, WR like us) have seen the field since week 1 albeit in limited roles.

Still, play them!
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
The super bowl champs have a more explosive offense than us and their top two picks (RB, WR like us) have seen the field since week 1 albeit in limited roles.

Still, play them!

They have also had injuries at those spots which has allowed their rookies to play
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:

Still, play them!

They have also had injuries at those spots which has allowed their rookies to play

Ginn and Jacobs were out for weeks
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:

Still, play them!

Ginn and Jacobs were out for weeks

Still other guys ahead on the depth chart. Giants had multiple injuries at WR and RB this year. Plus The RB Wilson also plays Special teams our guy doesnt
[ Edited by WookieOftheYear on Oct 22, 2012 at 10:26 AM ]
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home