There are 90 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Will Jenkins and/or James be activated this season?

Mindi Bach ‏@MBachCSN #49ers LaMichael James has no expectations on when he'll play but when he does"hopefully I can provide a spark"
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Want to see Jenkins and James out there too. What the heck, why not? Don't go half-arsing the experiment-SB-run... go all in.

Maybe Roman is scrambling through game film and coaching manuals to see what plays he can dial up for those guys!

I'd love for them to go all 3 WR sets and mix in the single backs (Gore/LMJ mostly). Open this puppy up and really take some shots deep down the field. If the Dolphins throw lots of coverage deep? Then have the RB as a quick dump outlet and always have one other shorter route option (TE/WR) ready to adjust to the heavy blitz.
It sounds like they are both going to get a chance now. I mean this is why they picked them. If there is injuries put them in and let them show what they can do.
we need both James and jenkins to play--we need some more firepower. We have to get Manningham healthy by the playoffs. I see all these rookies every week playing well for other teams at RB and WR. The Niners need these guys--NOW.
This is fun. Tearing up the front office because two guys havent played their way onto the field. After we signed Jacobs and Mario and Moss did anyone else not see this coming? Proven vets over unproven rookies, imagine? Due to injury, both should get some time before the season is out. If not, we have them for next season. 2 years in the system and would be like having an additional 1st and 2nd round picks next year. I dont see that as a problem. My SB hopes waned when we decided to start Kaep. Its not that I dont like him, and think he is the teams future, I just dont see him beating a Manning or Brady in the SB, just my two cents.

On a different note. We have something like 13 picks next April? What if they all dont start, or heaven forbid we let a few of them go? Is that a fault of the FO? The Pats are notorious for have about 3 million picks every year, not all of them make the squad or even play. Its a numbers game. Bring in as much talent as you can, let them battle it out and the best players suit up on Sundays.

Personally, like most posters, I would love to see what we have in these two. The little we saw in pre-season was just that, a little, and preseason. If they play, I wish them the best in trying to get us wins, if they sit, I will hope to see them next year and trust in the people that get paid to make these decisions.
Originally posted by frozen49er:
This is fun. Tearing up the front office because two guys havent played their way onto the field. After we signed Jacobs and Mario and Moss did anyone else not see this coming? Proven vets over unproven rookies, imagine? Due to injury, both should get some time before the season is out. If not, we have them for next season. 2 years in the system and would be like having an additional 1st and 2nd round picks next year. I dont see that as a problem. My SB hopes waned when we decided to start Kaep. Its not that I dont like him, and think he is the teams future, I just dont see him beating a Manning or Brady in the SB, just my two cents.

On a different note. We have something like 13 picks next April? What if they all dont start, or heaven forbid we let a few of them go? Is that a fault of the FO? The Pats are notorious for have about 3 million picks every year, not all of them make the squad or even play. Its a numbers game. Bring in as much talent as you can, let them battle it out and the best players suit up on Sundays.

Personally, like most posters, I would love to see what we have in these two. The little we saw in pre-season was just that, a little, and preseason. If they play, I wish them the best in trying to get us wins, if they sit, I will hope to see them next year and trust in the people that get paid to make these decisions.

to me it was an expectation that neither play very much. i got the impression from the matts in mini camps that it would be hard for jenkins to be active on game days if everyone was healthy. james on the other hand had too mant talented backs in front of him to be active on game days. whats his draw back? his slight frame. what keeps most rookie rb's that are talented runners on the sidelines? the ability to block blitzers. if you read between the lines you could see this unfolding just as it has.
GORE NEEDS JAMES!!!!!! C'mon Harbaugh!
I dont think either will provide the spark fans are asking for. I have more hope for Jenkins than LMJ. I would like to see Jenkins playing the role Williams left behind, and hopefully have 1-2 big catches a game. Dont see him contributing more than that. LMJ i dont place alot of stock in at all.
  • buck
  • Veteran
It would be nice to know what is happening at practice, but I, like most if not all of us, have no clue.

Still, I have to think they will play next week.

I would only let Ginn return punts and kickoffs. That would give Jenkins a shot a playing.

Jacobs did not bring anything to the game. Let find out if James really does have the speed he did in college.

Now. Watch, both Ginn and Jacobs will have big games.
Originally posted by buck:
It would be nice to know what is happening at practice, but I, like most if not all of us, have no clue.

I would only let Ginn return punts and kickoffs. That would give Jenkins a shot a playing.

Jacobs did not bring anything to the game. Let find out if James really does have the speed he did in college.

after all of his complaining...... he did not impress.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

LMJ hasnt been better in that regard. He's been running his mouth on twitter as well, and he didnt even contribute, or show s**t in preseason.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

LMJ hasnt been better in that regard. He's been running his mouth on twitter as well, and he didnt even contribute, or show s**t in preseason.

Can't blame him for letting his feelings be known (Twitter would be worthless otherwise). If you seen what he did at Oregon during his time there, then you know he wants to be on the field already.
[ Edited by VaBeachNiner on Dec 4, 2012 at 1:43 PM ]
indi Bach ‏@MBachCSN #49ers Frank Gore's break down on LaMichael James' improvement in running through tight spaces: "When he used to get the ball he just.to use his his speed.I told him, 'You gotta let things develop and be patient.' "And when you see it, that's when you're fast through the hole."
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

Can't blame him for letting his feelings be known (Twitter would be worthless otherwise). If you seen what he did at Oregon during his time there, then you know he wants to be on the field already.

Then he needs to earn his spot in practice. not by b***hing about being inactive over twitter. Fact is he looked horrible in preseason, and obviously hasn't made enough of an impression to become a part of the gameday actives. If he was extremely impressive durring practice, do you honestly think the coaching staff would not activate him? Especially after hunter went down?

The idea that they are just keeping him inactive for the sake of keeping him inactive is preposterous.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
The 49ers just can't win with us (current fan base). Same people crying about Alex Smith playing way to early in his career (stating that he should have had a year to sit) are now saying that our top two draft picks need to be on the field right away!

So what is it; JH Player developement plan or Nolan/Singletary throw them in sink or swim style?

That's mostly for QB's, when you draft guys in the 1st and 2nd round you aren't being unreasonable by expecting at least SOME contribution from them during the season. Having guys that don't dress, even when you could really use them, usually means that you FUBARed the draft.
That's not only for QB's! This is a developemnt process that can be used for all rookies.