LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 260 users in the forums

Will Jenkins and/or James be activated this season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • sfout
  • Veteran
http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-san-francisco-niners/niners-talk/Baalke-hints-James-debut-is-coming?blockID=809417&feedID=5936

Baalke finally hints that James is close to playing.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
The 49ers just can't win with us (current fan base). Same people crying about Alex Smith playing way to early in his career (stating that he should have had a year to sit) are now saying that our top two draft picks need to be on the field right away!

So what is it; JH Player developement plan or Nolan/Singletary throw them in sink or swim style?

That's mostly for QB's, when you draft guys in the 1st and 2nd round you aren't being unreasonable by expecting at least SOME contribution from them during the season. Having guys that don't dress, even when you could really use them, usually means that you FUBARed the draft.
Originally posted by sfout:
http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-san-francisco-niners/niners-talk/Baalke-hints-James-debut-is-coming?blockID=809417&feedID=5936

it's about bloody effing time.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

Yes baby bring on Jenkins and James I can't stand Ginn
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

Yes baby bring on Jenkins and James I can't stand Ginn

For as bad a decision as the coaches made to call that play, and as bad a toss that Kaep had, Ginn still could have stopped the Rams from even getting the ball if he didn't go soft and reach for the ball instead of diving. He has just been a bonehead this season.

James getting playing time has the potential to be HUGE for us. He is gonna have very fresh legs, splitting carries between Gore, Jacobs and James will keep Gore fresh as well. Jacobs and Gore could very well get the job done by themselves but James gives us a homerun threat. He can run the read option play with Kaep. He can run screen plays. Im very excited to watch him play. Hopefully we can Jenkins in too. Its time for the rookies to contribute
Good call Wookie!

Fresh legs and more versatility added to the game plan.
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:

James getting playing time has the potential to be HUGE for us. He is gonna have very fresh legs, splitting carries between Gore, Jacobs and James will keep Gore fresh as well. Jacobs and Gore could very well get the job done by themselves but James gives us a homerun threat. He can run the read option play with Kaep. He can run screen plays. Im very excited to watch him play. Hopefully we can Jenkins in too. Its time for the rookies to contribute

They didn't on sunday in Saint Louis, and I think that is why LMJ is going to be activated, we need to press the edges of the defense in our run game. Lets see that speed LMJ!
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows

Harbaugh on a LaMichael James sighting in December: "Yes, I think that's a real possibility."
Originally posted by Jcool:

Harbaugh on a LaMichael James sighting in December: "Yes, I think that's a real possibility."

maybe we can give him the ball on 2nd and 20 for a 1 yard draw

Hello all. My first post. Coming from the Scout 49er board.

James needs to be part of the game plan now since Hunter went down. We lacked that scat back burst of speed against the Rams.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerSince82:
Hello all. My first post. Coming from the Scout 49er board.

James needs to be part of the game plan now since Hunter went down. We lacked that scat back burst of speed against the Rams.

You noticed that too.

However, the Line played like garbage against the Rams and the playcalling was atrocious. Add a 2nd year QB with his 3rd full start, the 49ers never had a chance.

Don't get me wrong, Kap should be the starter and LJ should be getting reps, but no player would have done well in that performance and coaching fiasco last Sunday.
Originally posted by Jcool:

knowing Jim.....he will probably be on the bench again
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
Listening to Crabs on NFL radio yesterday didn't get me too excited about Jenkins. When asked about him, he gave a very uninspiring "He has a lot to learn" and was completely void of anything good to say about him. And this was in an interview!

I'll look forward to what James has to show, for better or for worse.
Looking forward to seeing James...hey, he could be a bust, but it would be nice to actually see him touch the field for a few games before that judgement is made. Same for Jenkins.

OL had a bad day and possible James wouldn't have done anything, but I still think it was a mistake by HarBaalke to not have him active and get him at least 3-4 touches. Rams were bringing the heat, and what's a staple play to mitigate strong rush/blitz? The screen, tailor-made for LMJ by getting him the ball in space.

Frank Gore, first 3 carries for 34 yds, then his next 18 rushes picked up 20 yds. I think some speed outside the tackles was sorely missed.

In this day and age of football, very odd that the TOP TWO picks of a team's draft wouldn't even have been activated for a game this far into the season. They would have been inactive entire season if not for injuries to Hunter and Williams...and even then, it's still no gurantee they will see any playing time this season.
[ Edited by DelCed2486 on Dec 4, 2012 at 9:39 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone