There are 154 users in the forums

quarterback controversy

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Jiks
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Not really. There is no QB controversy.

If not then why even bother opening this thread?

Cause Kaep. got benched. Straight up benched. 1 play. Sucks don't it? I'm not the one who benched Kaep. I'm just stating the obvious. I'm not making up some fairy tale "I want Kaep, he hasn't done anything at all, but there is a QB controversy." Based off what? Fans making things up?

It's a fairy tale. That's all. A good one, but that's all it is.
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
No, I just wanna know what makes you confident in Kaep at this point.

Nothing, I am just completely unconfident in Smith
Wow the Alex Smith crowd is really threatened by this idea

I'm in the niner crowd homes. Like the entire organization since I was born. I have always cheered for the starting QB. Even when it was David Carr.

We should definitely make a QB change then
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
yes. because in my opinion, Kap has some Rex Grossman in him. jmho.

Thanks for identifying yourself, and proving my point correct.

were you part of the the "we want carr" crowd?

be careful who you're asking for is my point.

We've seen this before, it's a re-run. Hill, Troy Smith, David Carr.
Cause Kaep. got benched. Straight up benched. 1 play. Sucks don't it? I'm not the one who benched Kaep. I'm just stating the obvious. I'm not making up some fairy tale "I want Kaep, he hasn't done anything at all, but there is a QB controversy." Based off what? Fans making things up?

Lol benched? If you come in for a handful of snaps a game you don't call going back to the bench "getting benched".

The controversy is based off of the last two games

300 yards, 1 td, 4 picks, 8 points
Originally posted by sacniner:
We've seen this before, it's a re-run. Hill, Troy Smith, David Carr.

Shaun Hill completely outplayed Alex Smith when he was given a chance to play. Troy Smith came in mid season and looked like he almost had as much of a grasp of that offense as Alex did.
[ Edited by DirtyP on Oct 19, 2012 at 10:19 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
I think he should be known for his crappy sack he took on 1st and 10. His fumble in the redzone. And his throw right to a defender last game. Right at the guy. But nope he runs good.

Alex Smith has taken multiple sacks he didn't need too, threw a pick in the redzone and has turned the ball over 4 times in the last two games while leading our offense to 16 points over that span.
team is 5-2 and in first place which trumps any blather about a quarterback controversy people want to advance. teams who are in first place do not make quarterback changes no matter how many wish it.the teams actions in the bye week will justify my statements in my opinion

How has he looked worse than Smith when he's only thrown 5 passes, completed 3 of them and rushed 10 times for 110 yards and 2 touchdowns?

Decision making man. In a VERY small sample size. Sacks, fumbles, throwing into double coverage. Smith does the same things at a much smaller rate but he plays almost every play. Smith also chooses between two plays at the line. I don't think Kaep does that and who knows if he can.

Again, don't you think if he was better at this point he would be playing? If Harbs that thought, I would feel comfortable with the decision. Obviously, he doesnt' think so at this point.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sacniner:
Wow the Alex Smith crowd is really threatened by this idea

I'm in the niner crowd homes. Like the entire organization since I was born. I have always cheered for the starting QB. Even when it was David Carr.
i actually think the ck crowd became unhinged when thier boy did not play much last night so they have to advance a qb controversy grassy knoll theory. just my opinion
Originally posted by cciowa:
team is 5-2 and in first place which trumps any blather about a quarterback controversy people want to advance. teams who are in first place do not make quarterback changes no matter how many wish it.the teams actions in the bye week will justify my statements in my opinion

I'm not suggesting a QB change right now. I'm saying Alex Smith has looked like he's regressed back into the player we all knew he was before Harbaugh came in
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
do you know what a QB controversy is?

If Alex got hurt and Kaep came in and threw for 3 TDs and 300 yards then there'd be a controversy.
Not when nothing has happened and Kaepernick has done nothing more than what Tim Tebow has done this season

There is no controversy

and we wont change QBs, were 5-2

Lol benched? If you come in for a handful of snaps a game you don't call going back to the bench "getting benched".

The controversy is based off of the last two games

300 yards, 1 td, 4 picks, 8 points
OMG he has had 2 bad games, he should be benched ASAP.
Share 49ersWebzone