There are 118 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

quarterback controversy

Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
Originally posted by kidash98:
Our coaches trust him, thus him starting. That's all that matters..... for now.

- 98


Its what they have for now until they feel CK is ready, and they already tried replacing him once and Im sure they will try again in the off season.

So be it, but not now when there is no reason to change the QB when we have a winning record and a lead in our division.

- 98
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,482
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
Run games don't win super bowls anymore, bad ass QBs win super bowls.

"bad ass" defenses > "bad ass" offenses

bad ass QB > bad ass defenses

look at what Rodgers did to the Texans last week.

Look what the Giants defense did to Tom Brady last superbowl. Their D dominated in the post season
Look what the Packers (#5 defense that year in PPG) did the season before
Or what the Steelers great D in '09 did against a probably HoF QB Kurt Warner
Or what the Giants defense did against arguably the best offense in NFL history in 2008 led by Tom Brady

Id take an elite defense over an elite QB
[ Edited by ImaMod on Oct 22, 2012 at 1:36 PM ]
Originally posted by kidash98:
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Nvm. Just checked. Under 30 yards. We are also 30th in attempts per game (effectively tied for 31st).

There's a reason for that.

Frank Gore is still relevant. And running is always safer.


Especially when you don't trust the QB.

Our coaches trust him, thus him starting. That's all that matters..... for now.

- 98
that trust was questioned on 3rd downs
Originally posted by kidash98:
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
Originally posted by kidash98:
Our coaches trust him, thus him starting. That's all that matters..... for now.

- 98


Its what they have for now until they feel CK is ready, and they already tried replacing him once and Im sure they will try again in the off season.

So be it, but not now when there is no reason to change the QB when we have a winning record and a lead in our division.

- 98

The time is coming though.
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
Run games don't win super bowls anymore, bad ass QBs win super bowls.

"bad ass" defenses > "bad ass" offenses

bad ass QB > bad ass defenses

look at what Rodgers did to the Texans last week.

Look what the Giants defense did to Tom Brady last superbowl. Their D dominated in the post season
Look what the Packers (#5 defense that year in PPG) did the season before
Or what the Steelers great D in '09 did against a probably HoF QB Kurt Warner
Or what the Giants defense did against arguably the best offense in NFL history in 2008 led by Tom Brady

Id take an elite defense over an elite QB

all those teams have HOF caliber QBs
We could have traded up and got Andy Dalton... maybe even gone after Matt Flynn in the offseason. But no, we are stuck 1 position (the most important position) away from being a truly elite team that will go to a Super Bowl.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by kidash98:
Our coaches trust him, thus him starting. That's all that matters..... for now.

- 98

that trust was questioned on 3rd downs

Who finished the game at QB??? Who played the QB for MOST of the game? If it was questioned by the coaching staff, they sure fooled a lot of people.

- 98
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,482
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
all those teams have HOF caliber QBs

and so did the teams they beat
notice the team with the better defense won?

Defense win championships
[ Edited by ImaMod on Oct 22, 2012 at 1:40 PM ]
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
Run games don't win super bowls anymore, bad ass QBs win super bowls.

"bad ass" defenses > "bad ass" offenses

bad ass QB > bad ass defenses

look at what Rodgers did to the Texans last week.

Look what the Giants defense did to Tom Brady last superbowl. Their D dominated in the post season
Look what the Packers (#5 defense that year in PPG) did the season before
Or what the Steelers great D in '09 did against a probably HoF QB Kurt Warner
Or what the Giants defense did against arguably the best offense in NFL history in 2008 led by Tom Brady

Id take an elite defense over an elite QB

What was failed to be mentioned was that there was also an Elite QB on the other team in all of those games,I think elite qb is part of the blueprint for success int today's league
Originally posted by cutSmithNOW:
We could have traded up and got Andy Dalton... maybe even gone after Matt Flynn in the offseason. But no, we are stuck 1 position (the most important position) away from being a truly elite team that will go to a Super Bowl.

We traded up for Colin Kaepernick.
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
all those teams have HOF caliber QBs

SeaChickens Defense shut down Rodgers, is Russell Wilson HOF caliber as well?
Originally posted by cutSmithNOW:
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
all those teams have HOF caliber QBs

SeaChickens Defense shut down Rodgers, is Russell Wilson HOF caliber as well?


we talking playoffs
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,482
Originally posted by qwestlove94:
What was failed to be mentioned was that there was also an Elite QB on the other team in all of those games,I think elite qb is part of the blueprint for success int today's league

And like I said, the team with the better defense won

I think the Texans are the best team in the AFC. I wouldn't call Shaub elite
Obviously I'm biased , but I think were the best team in the NFC, I wouldn't call Alex elite
[ Edited by ImaMod on Oct 22, 2012 at 1:43 PM ]
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
all those teams have HOF caliber QBs

and so did the teams they beat
notice the team with the better defense won?

Defense win championships

Pats win both of those games if Eli doesnt play his A** of on those final drives, the difference in both of those games was the qb play
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
Run games don't win super bowls anymore, bad ass QBs win super bowls.

Giants v Pats...giants had the better run game and won
Steelers vs Packers...Steelers lost with a better run game.
Saints colts ...colts had better run and lost
Giants vs Pats...giants had the better run game and won
Colts vs Bears...colts had better run and won
Steelers and Seachickens...Steelers had better run and won
Pats vs Eagles...Pats had the better run game and won

Hmmm Now let's look at QBs...
E. Manning vs Brady who's better? It's close.
Rogers vs Big Ben? Rogers..but ben is no slouch.
Brees vs Manning? WHo's better?
Giants vs Pats..E. manning vs Brady again...
Brady vs Who was the QB for bears? Obviously Manning.
Steelers and Seachickens...yeah Ben was better than Hasselbeck
Brady vs McNabb...Brady.

You could make that argument...I don't know if it would be correct...but there isn't enough there to deny it isn't possible. What I can say is that all things being equal or even near it, yeah the run game makes a huge difference.

Of course, the counter to this is, tell me the name of the team in the past 5 seasons that had a 10+ game season winning record that was a balanced offense. I think you'll find only one team on that list.

So just because the last few years what you're suggesting might be true, doesn't mean that things can't change. Otherwise, you might as well write off the niners now, cuz that's how Harbaugh wants his team to play..regardless of QB.