LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 285 users in the forums

quarterback controversy

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Originally posted by nevadalove9ers2:
I know there are 2 sides to this debate and many angles. We all love the 49ers and feel passionately about the direction the team should go in. Lets just try to keep this civil and remember we are all 9er fans. Now to the debate. I think for a lot of us it feels like the team is at a crossroads. We have a long break before monday night football and a bye week coming. It seems like if a change is going to be made it will have to be done in these precious weeks. I think even if you are a smith fan you have to be disapointed in his production. I guess the biggest question is can we get more from kaep and still keep turnovers low? I think we can! We run most of the time anyway and kaep is more dynamic at that. We really need to be able to push the ball downfield in our playaction game. Gore and the running backs can only take us so far. Make the change now!

What have you seen from Kaep that makes you think he can do better than Alex?

The simple fact that Alex is playing very mediocre. We will not and can not win a Super Bowl with him as the quarterback. This isn't the early 2000s offenses have evolved and will find away to score even against the toughest Ds. Our offense has trouble scoring 14 points against good Ds.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

you usually meet silence when you ask that. they usually point to a pre season game vs san diego. yes he is big, yes he has a big arm,. yes is has nice tatoos. yes i know some posters have a man crush on him but what have you seen in a game?there is no controversy expect in the minds of posters and people like jason cole and michael silver of yahoo sports.
Originally posted by cciowa:

you usually meet silence when you ask that. they usually point to a pre season game vs san diego. yes he is big, yes he has a big arm,. yes is has nice tatoos. yes i know some posters have a man crush on him but what have you seen in a game?there is no controversy expect in the minds of posters and people like jason cole and michael silver of yahoo sports.

It's not hard to emulate what Smith is doing. For all we know Kap can do the exact same thing.
5-2 record and 18-5 going back to last year with this Alex guy.. hmm.. controversy? Brilliant!

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
I know there are 2 sides to this debate and many angles. We all love the 49ers and feel passionately about the direction the team should go in. Lets just try to keep this civil and remember we are all 9er fans. Now to the debate. I think for a lot of us it feels like the team is at a crossroads. We have a long break before monday night football and a bye week coming. It seems like if a change is going to be made it will have to be done in these precious weeks. I think even if you are a smith fan you have to be disapointed in his production. I guess the biggest question is can we get more from kaep and still keep turnovers low? I think we can! We run most of the time anyway and kaep is more dynamic at that. We really need to be able to push the ball downfield in our playaction game. Gore and the running backs can only take us so far. Make the change now!

The simple fact that Alex is playing very mediocre. We will not and can not win a Super Bowl with him as the quarterback. This isn't the early 2000s offenses have evolved and will find away to score even against the toughest Ds. Our offense has trouble scoring 14 points against good Ds.
and you know we can win a super bowl with ck? the team is in first place and is 6-2 at the break, there is no logical reason to change quarterbacks. you still did not answer the question, what have you seen from ck in his very small body of work? if he was bettter than smith the job would be his, it is not, he is not, case closed
Is Chris Weinke available? No contoversy. Alex had a record setting week, a bad week and a mediocre week in which the Niners won a big division game against a tough team. The pick on the goal line was bad, yes. But there is no controversy here.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

It's not hard to emulate what Smith is doing. For all we know Kap can do the exact same thing.
hope and change ? that is your basis? pretty weak in my opinion
Originally posted by hofer36:
do you think maybe kaepernick being from UNR might cloud your objectivity Nevada? he couldnt even outrun 330 lb red bryant last night...
No I don't! I didn't even want to draft kaep. I wanted a more turnkey qb who could start from day 1. But after drafting him I though we should just let him start from day 1! I watched kaep every year at college and I have seen every snap smith has taken in the pros. Kaep more pocket presence a better arm and frankly is a more natural qb. I can also tell you this. He will bring a fire to the position that smith has never had. He has that (over my dead body quality) that steve young talks about. Its hard to explain but its there.

Lol

So if Kaep comes in and doesnt play any better, you go back to Alex? Right now Im not confident that Kaep can come in and do a better job because we havent seen anything to prove otherwise. This isnt the time to experiment. This offseason Kaep will get his fair shot to win the QB spot, right now is not the time to make a switch at QB IMO

Don't we need to have QBs to have a controversy ?
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Oct 19, 2012 at 9:51 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Black24Razor:
Is Chris Weinke available? No contoversy. Alex had a record setting week, a bad week and a mediocre week in which the Niners won a big division game against a tough team. The pick on the goal line was bad, yes. But there is no controversy here.

I know ck as starter supporters will spin in different, but the pick was all on the coaches. they just could not resist dunking around with a wildcat, wolfpack, cub scout, whatever the f**k they call it. fact is, its a gimmik, it does not work against good teams, you think they would have learned something last sunday. retarted cute play by our coaches who never seem to learn
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Until Kap is ready it's going to have to be Alex.
Originally posted by sacniner:
For what its worth english cleared this thread.

That's a little odd considering this exact thread was locked yesterday, but cool. It's totally original.

I would be grateful if posters could read what I said. It is in the CK thread, posted just a few hours ago.

Basically, I am tired of the QB argument spilling over into every damned thread. If, however, the standard of posting in the Smith thread, the CK thread and the various gameday threads doesn't significantly improve as people talk football in them rather than trying to upset their fellow posters, then this one gets locked too.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

So if Kaep comes in and doesnt play any better, you go back to Alex? Right now Im not confident that Kaep can come in and do a better job because we havent seen anything to prove otherwise. This isnt the time to experiment. This offseason Kaep will get his fair shot to win the QB spot, right now is not the time to make a switch at QB IMO
of course wookie is spot on about this
Share 49ersWebzone