There are 118 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ARIZONA CARDINALS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 8)

94.7 completion percentage (best ever for 15+ attempts). 1 incompletion, a drop. Got it to the receivers when they were in space and allowed YAC.

Working the WCO to perfection.
Originally posted by 49erswillbeback:
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by 49erswillbeback:
18 out of 19 ? When most QB's throw between 35-45 passes a game average. This should be proof that Roman and Harbaugh do not trust Alex Smith.


Did I say something wrong?

What?
Originally posted by jdean:
Originally posted by DaManRathman:
This whole drive the Cards have been getting away with holding like crazy lol

Originally posted by 49erswillbeback:
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by strickac:
Originally posted by bleeds9ersredandgold:
Originally posted by strickac:
We're suppose to praise Smith for throwing nothing but short passes and taking sacks? Give me a break. The WRs played their asses off.

really?..... OMG sometimes I can't stand Niner talk.

Crabtree had the game of his career. Fact!

Who threw him the ball? BOOM.

Most of them yards are YAC. BOOM BOOM

So do we discount montana and youngs yardage because of the great YAC that rice and Taylor got. In 1989 against the rams Taylor took two 5 yards slants the distance for over 90 yards each time. Do we criticize montana for that? It's a team effort , the line protects ,the qb throws it and the receivers catch and run with it. All the great niner teams had receivers who had great YAC.

Stop it! Comparing Smith to Montana
Originally posted by captveg:
He attempted 4 passes in the 2nd half and took 2 (clock milking) sacks. That's six pass plays called in the entire half, and I believe only 2 were after going up 24-0.

This is how it should be. Why should we have passed more at that point? For stats? **** stats. WIN THE GAME.

gobble gobble turkey, classic harbaugh presser!!
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
We are the best team in the league.

no, not after the giants game
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
We are the best team in the league.

Tough to play much better than that, that's for sure.

Unstoppable run game + totally efficient TD scoring pass attack + D that allows absolutely nothing + top special teams = BEST TEAM IN FOOTBALL

Pretty simple math really....
Originally posted by brizznasty:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by DaManRathman:
Originally posted by 49erswillbeback:
18 out of 19 ? When most QB's throw between 35-45 passes a game average. This should be proof that Roman and Harbaugh do not trust Alex Smith.


Unbelievable.

I hate this f**king forum. Win huge and break records, and still something to f**king b***h and complain about. This guy should be banned if he's not being facetious.

I agree i can only handle this forum in small dosages thanks to these haters who simply cannot be pleased.

Especially game day threads. It's a breeding ground for knee jerk ignorance. I keep thinking after a lopsided win like this it would be different. Some people would have nothing if it wasnt for whining.
Originally posted by 49erswillbeback:
The Cardinals were within a score of the 49ers most of the first half. The 49ers offense should have been up 24 points before the first half ended. If you Alex lovers can not see that then your blind with Alex love. Put this defense and the ball in the hands of many QB's in the league and the 49ers win by 35 or more points.

At least Harbaugh in the post game interview is giving credit to the YAC YARDS.

Alex knows. He gave credit to the WRs for making him look good.
Somebody describe the smith-moss TD. I couldn't watch the game.
Originally posted by strickac:
Originally posted by jdean:
Originally posted by DaManRathman:
This whole drive the Cards have been getting away with holding like crazy lol

Originally posted by 49erswillbeback:
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by strickac:
Originally posted by bleeds9ersredandgold:
Originally posted by strickac:
We're suppose to praise Smith for throwing nothing but short passes and taking sacks? Give me a break. The WRs played their asses off.

really?..... OMG sometimes I can't stand Niner talk.

Crabtree had the game of his career. Fact!

Who threw him the ball? BOOM.

Most of them yards are YAC. BOOM BOOM

So do we discount montana and youngs yardage because of the great YAC that rice and Taylor got. In 1989 against the rams Taylor took two 5 yards slants the distance for over 90 yards each time. Do we criticize montana for that? It's a team effort , the line protects ,the qb throws it and the receivers catch and run with it. All the great niner teams had receivers who had great YAC.

Stop it! Comparing Smith to Montana

Easy out to call foul. Tonight's performance deserves to be compared to Montana/Young. Hitting receivers on time and in space, giving them an opportunity for YAC. Montana didn't lob balls down the field. Alex played Montana style ball, as opposed to Favre style. Gunslingers aren't the only type of QB out there. Alex did a terrific job tonight, as did almost every Niner.
I like that alex has mentioned penalties 4 times in a 1 min interview, hope our coaches are listening
18 of 19 and Alex Smith sits in the chair at ESPN. LOL WOW! Michael Crabtree anyone?
18 of19
18 of19
18 of19
If you say it enough it sounds good.

" WE" have not throw the ball well" <---LOL This is what Alex just said. WHO IS "WE" ?
Originally posted by fister30:
Somebody describe the smith-moss TD. I couldn't watch the game.

Awesome.

There's a vid in here somewhere. Can't find it.

*This is the other play you want to see from tonight.



[ Edited by mug0mug on Oct 29, 2012 at 9:00 PM ]
Originally posted by fister30:
Somebody describe the smith-moss TD. I couldn't watch the game.

Smith threw a wobbly short pass. Moss caught it and made people miss, then sprinted for the TD. If you saw Crabs 2nd TD, just imagine more YAC.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home