Originally posted by paperplanemedia:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by nevadalove9ers2:
If we win how the hell is it lost? You would rather lose with Kap then win with Alex....that is not being a fan of the team....its being a fan of a player.
I guess im an old school 49er fan, superbowl or bust! I dont concede that we are better with smith short or long term.Go 9ers

Kap will not get us to the Superbowl this year any better or easier, in fact it could be worse and chances are it would be. When you are expected to go to the playoffs you dont play QB swap!

I just think its funny people are saying "Alex Smith can't get us to the Super Bowl". Last I checked, he would have if not for a few fumbles late in the game against the Giants.

Say what you will about Smith, the rest of this time can't wait for Kaepernick to go through his learning curve. In case people aren't noticing, the NFC West is locked in a tight race. The last thing the team needs is a massive change at QB.

The other part of that is our guys believe in Smith because he lead the team to the NFCCG. Fans might not see that, but it is the case.

Alex wasn't the reason for almost making the SB, it was the defense, +28 in turnover margin is the reason we did so well. If it wasn't for our defense keeping us in games, we would of went 6-10, and Alex would finally be gone. He IS NOT a franchise QB. Kaep isn't either, we are screwed until we find one.

That does not make sense. Alex is one of the people who contributed to that +28 turnover margin.

This. People are reaching.

He thinks that margin only applies to the defense.

i know right, AS was great at taking sacks to secure the TO battle

Yeah, we had Hastings and Swain trying to get open.

Moss and Mannigham must suck too

Moss isn't on the field enough and Smith has some nice chemistry with Manningham and it's getting better. Did you hear what they said about Manning and Stokely last night? It takes years to get that kind of timing/chemistry down.

Decker and Manning must have went to college together, they look pretty good?

Decker was wide open most of the time and attacked passes that were scary throws according to Chucky last night. BTW Manning needed his defense to win that game just like Alex did against the Eagles.
The Defense stepped up for a guy who can get it done on his end, simple as that.

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Originally posted by nevadalove9ers2:
If we win how the hell is it lost? You would rather lose with Kap then win with Alex....that is not being a fan of the team....its being a fan of a player.
I guess im an old school 49er fan, superbowl or bust! I dont concede that we are better with smith short or long term.Go 9ers

Kap will not get us to the Superbowl this year any better or easier, in fact it could be worse and chances are it would be. When you are expected to go to the playoffs you dont play QB swap!

I just think its funny people are saying "Alex Smith can't get us to the Super Bowl". Last I checked, he would have if not for a few fumbles late in the game against the Giants.

Say what you will about Smith, the rest of this time can't wait for Kaepernick to go through his learning curve. In case people aren't noticing, the NFC West is locked in a tight race. The last thing the team needs is a massive change at QB.

The other part of that is our guys believe in Smith because he lead the team to the NFCCG. Fans might not see that, but it is the case.

Alex wasn't the reason for almost making the SB, it was the defense, +28 in turnover margin is the reason we did so well. If it wasn't for our defense keeping us in games, we would of went 6-10, and Alex would finally be gone. He IS NOT a franchise QB. Kaep isn't either, we are screwed until we find one.

That does not make sense. Alex is one of the people who contributed to that +28 turnover margin.

This. People are reaching.

He thinks that margin only applies to the defense.

i know right, AS was great at taking sacks to secure the TO battle

Yeah, we had Hastings and Swain trying to get open.

Moss and Mannigham must suck too

Moss isn't on the field enough and Smith has some nice chemistry with Manningham and it's getting better. Did you hear what they said about Manning and Stokely last night? It takes years to get that kind of timing/chemistry down.

Decker and Manning must have went to college together, they look pretty good?

Decker was wide open most of the time and attacked passes that were scary throws according to Chucky last night. BTW Manning needed his defense to win that game just like Alex did against the Eagles.
The Defense stepped up for a guy who can get it done on his end, simple as that.

[ Edited by paperplanemedia on Oct 16, 2012 at 9:48 AM ]

?
Did Singletary pen this thread title?

A lot of guys on divisional boards were saying this sorta thing in the offseason and I was dismissing that as hating.

Now, it's not such a hater thing to say, although in fairness to our defense this season the scarier regression is redzone defense (maybe a pass rush thing). The turnovers did allow more scoring opportunities or at the very least were enough momentum losses to help us win games.

Anyone here wonder what would have happened had Whitner not KO'd Pierre Thomas and Saints go 7-0 on that drive?

Anyways.....I think AB has it right. Smith is not promising and there's no guarantee that Kaep is either. I'm as patient a 49er fan as you will find, but do we really know that Kaepernikus is primed for franchise QBdom in 2 or 3 years?

That wind up has me annoyed and concerned. Nobody talks about that.....yes, the arm is A CANNON, and he is FAST, but there are still question marks.

As always in post Eddie Debartolo Ninerland.
Originally posted by captain_planet:
Did Singletary pen this thread title?

Lol
Originally posted by dGilleran:
I would definitely:

1. Play Hunter and Gore together more than Alex and Kaepernick together (Put either in the slot as they're both dope receivers)
2. Go back to giving Kaep 3-4 snaps at most
3. Stop putting Kaep in immediately after Alex makes a play
4. Start Mario and Crabs + bring Moss in more
5. Put Dobbs in for JS occasionally
6. Play Goldson closer to the LOS frequently and rush our MLB's more
7. Tell our corners to get A LOT more physical
8. Start playing Jacobs ASAP

Nice. I'd consider starting Moss over Crabtree given Moss commands double teams and Crabs is easily covered 1on1. And I'd use Moss too.
Double
[ Edited by NCommand on Oct 16, 2012 at 12:45 PM ]
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:

A lot of guys on divisional boards were saying this sorta thing in the offseason and I was dismissing that as hating.

Now, it's not such a hater thing to say, although in fairness to our defense this season the scarier regression is redzone defense (maybe a pass rush thing). The turnovers did allow more scoring opportunities or at the very least were enough momentum losses to help us win games.

Anyone here wonder what would have happened had Whitner not KO'd Pierre Thomas and Saints go 7-0 on that drive?

Anyways.....I think AB has it right. Smith is not promising and there's no guarantee that Kaep is either. I'm as patient a 49er fan as you will find, but do we really know that Kaepernikus is primed for franchise QBdom in 2 or 3 years?

That wind up has me annoyed and concerned. Nobody talks about that.....yes, the arm is A CANNON, and he is FAST, but there are still question marks.

As always in post Eddie Debartolo Ninerland.

Kap doesn't get many first team snaps in practice, and only random snaps to run specific plays so far this year. in my opinion, no way to know if he is a franchise QB until we see a years worth of his play as a starter. I know one thing, it won't take 8 years to figure it out.
Kyle williams returning kick offs is a bad idea. He doesnt have the burst or downfield speed. Ted ginn needs his old job back!!!
And niners need to quit rotating WR. Id had rather have randy moss on the field more esp. Cus he provides so much. Blocking, deep threat, and how he frees others players to free up!.

Buy a new wardrobe.
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:
Buy a new wardrobe.

and fix the pinky
We need to get back to who we are on offense. And that's running the ball with great creativity. Running the ball should be the focal point these next couple of games, to get our offense back on track. this will also help out the o-line tremendously. We need to use the run to set up the pass, while eating up the clock (gives our D rest).

I would call PASS,RUN,RUN RUN, PASS, RUN RUN, RUN, PASS RUN, RUN, RUN RUN, RUN,RUN = CHAMPIONSHIP!!
Go back to the formula that brought us dominating victories against the Jets and Bills

The end.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Go back to the formula that brought us dominating victories against the Jets and Bills

The end.

how about we just play the Jets and bills all season
Share 49ersWebzone