LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 347 users in the forums

if you we're head coach

Shop Find 49ers gear online
What changes would you make? Everyone knows the first change I would make. I would let alex play seattle then during the long break get kaep ready to start the next game. I would deactivate celeck and ginn and bring up lmj and jenkins. I don't think ginn is healthy and there was a reason we drafted these guys. I would play moss more, it still looks to me like he has it. I would stop bringing in lenord davis almost all together, in fact i might even cut him. I think we could get the same or better results from some of the younger guys.
I'd keep Alex in and give Gire 20+ carries
You know, a great question is:

WHERE THE HELL ARE JAMES & JENKINS?

Seriously though. It's scary that CK may 'possibly' start, but these guys would still be inactive.

Insane.

BTW, the guy picked two spots below AJ Jenkins gashed the s**** out of us on returns yesterday.
Originally posted by nevadalove9ers2:
What changes would you make? Everyone knows the first change I would make. I would let alex play seattle then during the long break get kaep ready to start the next game. .

And when Kap makes rookie mistakes whats the next great idea?
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
if i were head coach, i would have got the job because i didn't panic after 6 games that included only 2 losses.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
I would send Moss on a handful of streak routes and if he gets one on one coverage give Alex the green light to chuck it up there and let Moss go get it.
What changes would you make? Everyone knows the first change I would make. I would let alex play seattle then during the long break get kaep ready to start the next game. I would deactivate celeck and ginn and bring up lmj and jenkins. I don't think ginn is healthy and there was a reason we drafted these guys. I would play moss more, it still looks to me like he has it. I would stop bringing in lenord davis almost all together, in fact i might even cut him. I think we could get the same or better results from some of the younger guys.

We'll see very soon what Harb's plan is with Kaep this season on Thur just by seeing how many snaps CK gets vs SEA.

As to what need to be change? Get Jenkins in the game and see what he has, after all he's the 1st round draft pick with speed.
Release 1-2 player on the roster and bring in 1-2 ST only player for KR/PR coverage, if they can even find any good ones at this point...

RUN THE BALL and establish the run first in every game, it's more important than trying to get the passing game going with AS or inserting CK into the offense, especially if they want to win games vs good teams and get to the SB that is...
Jreff-We would live with it and move on. I don't know if you remember or if you were even around here but I gave alex smith 5 years. Its not like i started seeing smith as the problem yesterday. I don't like alex smith as our qb because often times he's been the reason we lose and he is rarely the reason we win.
Two words. Frank Gore.
Jreff-We would live with it and move on. I don't know if you remember or if you were even around here but I gave alex smith 5 years. Its not like i started seeing smith as the problem yesterday. I don't like alex smith as our qb because often times he's been the reason we lose and he is rarely the reason we win.

You signed up in 2010.....I've been here longer.

You dont make a change unless the season is over, its not, far from it in fact. The fact that you say we just live with it and move on means you are ready to tank the season if need be so you can watch Kap play, that's retarded.

I would use Moss more. The guy can still play.
Originally posted by barako:
I would use Moss more. The guy can still play.

This.

This is his last season with us probably, if not ever. Let's take advantage of what he has left.

Minimum of 1-2 DEEP targets a game, esp. if 1 on 1 coverage. If you cannot trust Moss to handle that..........
Originally posted by jreff22:

You dont make a change unless the season is over, its not, far from it in fact. The fact that you say we just live with it and move on means you are ready to tank the season if need be so you can watch Kap play, that's retarded.
i signed up in 2003 im the orginal nevadaloves9ers. Broke my back and my acount lapsed! Back on point i consider the season lost if alex smith is our starter. I respect you as a fellow 9er fan jreff but you and I see this issue differently.
Originally posted by jreff22:

i signed up in 2003 im the orginal nevadaloves9ers. Broke my back and my acount lapsed! Back on point i consider the season lost if alex smith is our starter. I respect you as a fellow 9er fan jreff but you and I see this issue differently.

If we win how the hell is it lost? You would rather lose with Kap then win with Alex....that is not being a fan of the team....its being a fan of a player.
1. Crabtree and mario are 1 and 2 rotate kw and moss as needed.

2. Smack roman in the head so as to prevent cute game planning.

3. Smack myself for not keeping a better handle on offensive direction.

4. Get use to and except the notion that rotation of players can be a good thing.

5. Replacement kicker on standby

6. Notify baakle and ST coach that they have some fixing to do.

7. Find better eyes in the sky to better determine if a play is challenge worthy.

8. If players are healthy and can add something that is lacking they should play.
Share 49ersWebzone