LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 212 users in the forums

Jacobs visits Giants locker room after game

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I don't think this is very unusual for a guy to visit a former teams players/locker room AFTER a game
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I don't think this is very unusual for a guy to visit a former teams players/locker room AFTER a game

It's not.
Not to mention that it's not like he went straight to the Giants locker room after the game in full pads. As we know he wasn't even dressed anyway.
His best friend who he refers to as his 'little brother' plays for them, I don't think its so weird that he went to say HI.
Originally posted by KEGster:
If I were a Giant I would be laughing my ass off

- Jacobs didn't play. They have 2 superior backups
- Manningham dropped a crucial long pass & did not impress

That ball was overthrown. Take off your blinders. Any good quarterback would have dropped that one right in the basket.
Originally posted by BayAreaNinersFan:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Not sure if it's true but I heard that Ahmad Bradshaw was on the sidelines giving Giants safeties heads up on the routes 49ers WRs were going to run...somethin' ain't right.

Where did you HEAR this from?

Please tell me your sources.

yes, please do tell

I'm trying to find out, I'll report back asap.
Originally posted by lordfangio:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
It is VERY far-fetched. People are just wanting to have someone to blame the loss on. If that was the gameplan that Jacobs gave them, they probably laughed at it. This gameplan was very predictable and dull. I even knew what they were doing when they lined up. The Giants knew that if they shut Davis down they would have to change everything, and it worked.

I stated last week before the game, after the USA Today article, that I thought this was a potential concern. And what I saw on the field didn't exactly alleviate those concerns. And Jacobs' actions after the game didn't exactly alleviate those concerns. Losing is one thing, what happened today is another. Our NFCCG loss, and our Ravens, Cardinals, Cowboys, and Vikings losses under Harbaugh didn't look like this. This one was different. And I think it's more than just a coincidence that we have a disgruntled player who likely at this point has been driven to the point of not giving a f**k about how we do anymore, who also used to play for the opponent that we were playing, and who also demonstrated excessive buddy-buddy behavior with his former mates...it smells fishier than sushi. Can you elaborate as to why you think there is NO chance that this was the case? You're just gonna keep telling yourself that the one game our coaching staff looked predictable, dull, and Singletary/Raye-like just HAPPENED to be the week with Jacobs sounding off in the week we were playing his old team? I'm not buying it. Too many coincidences for my liking. If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck, it's probably a duck.

I'm so tempted to use words that will get me banned, but I won't. Gonna keep a cool head here.

You are so, so far off here it's ridiculous.

1. Frank Gore only had eight carries. EIGHT. If we were harkening back to the days of Jimmy Raye, we run up the middle three times and punt. Instead, the 49ers put the game on Alex & Colin's shoulders, and that proved to be a giant mistake. That's just bad coaching, which bring me too...

2. We lost today because we were outcoached. Instead of leaning on the run like we usually do, Greg Roman decided to get fancy with Colin Kaepernick early and often. The problem is that this trick is no longer new. I know, it looked awesome against the Jets and the Bills, but now all this read-option-pass Kaep-gun b******t is on film. Teams now know what to expect because we've put it out there. The Giants were ready for it, and they contained it.

And again... EIGHT carries for Frank Gore. That's a just stupid decision.

3. Alex Smith played like s**t. If you cannot tell the difference between the Giants defense and the Bills defense, something is wrong with you my brotha. The Bills couldn't rush the passer to save their lives (and couldn't cover or stop the run either), and as a result Alex Smith had 5-7 seconds to throw the ball every time. That was obviously not the case for the Giants, who have Osi, Tuck, and JPP at their disposal. They put pressure on Alex, took away Smith's favorite target in Vernon Davis, and forced Alex to throw other places. Thus, Alex tried forcing some balls and also made some bad decisions on 3rd & long & 4th & long.

4. On offense, the Giants did what the Packers should have done to us: spread out 4 wide and pick on the weakest CB or LB. We all want to believe that Tarrell Brown and Chris Culliver are studs. I think they are decent, and look better out there because our pass rush is usually so good. But Brown has been owned before when facing good wide receivers (Greg Jennings and Jordy Nelson had their way with him during the Singletary era) and Culliver will give up a big play every now and then. Add into this Tremaine Brock being kinda awful and Aldon Smith not being great in coverage (Aldon was covering Cruz at certain points in this game, that's a bad match-up and a good job by the Giants in scheming against us) and you are going to lose in the passing game a good amount.

5. David Akers missing field goals.

6. Harbaugh blowing a challenge.

7. Leonard Davis' key false start penalty.

I could go on bud, but I put this loss on Alex & Greg Roman. G-Ro got cute and got away from what makes the 49ers great (pound the rock with Frank & Hunter). EIGHT carries for Frank Gore (with NONE IN THE SECOND HALF?!?!) means you lose.

Also, can a brother get a screen pass? No? Just checking...
best analysis I have read. Spot on.
Honestly, it's time to play him or cut him. No reason not to play him in the last game if he isn't 100%. I'd rather have him activated then guys like McBath, Dixon, Celek, etc, etc. Problem is he can't play ST but the way we have covered this year stick anyone in there.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 15, 2012 at 8:47 AM ]
Not sure if it's true but I heard that Ahmad Bradshaw was on the sidelines giving Giants safeties heads up on the routes 49ers WRs were going to run...somethin' ain't right.

yes, please do tell

I'm trying to find out, I'll report back asap.

HA. Cool story bro.
Originally posted by KEGster:
If I were a Giant I would be laughing my ass off

- Jacobs didn't play. They have 2 superior backups
- Manningham dropped a crucial long pass & did not impress

that pass was overthrown bro, manningham has been our best WR so far this year
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
that drop is not on manningham. sorry.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
This guy has been off the IR for like two weeks, and he's already crying about plying time. Not good. Sounds like a cancer. I'm sure going and hanging out in the opposing locker room, and then having guys on the other team comment about your coaches is going to win you a lot of sympathy too.
[ Edited by kray28 on Oct 15, 2012 at 8:54 AM ]

Originally posted by notsoempty86:
best analysis I have read. Spot on.

Yeah, Nick came through with some great points. Why the hell did Frank only get eight carries?
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Yeah, that would have been a spectacular catch. Alex missed him. That should have been a HUGE play.
[ Edited by WookieOftheYear on Oct 15, 2012 at 8:55 AM ]
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Yeah, that would have been a spectacular catch. Alex missed him. That should have been a HUGE play.

Hixon would have made that catch

yes, please do tell

It's true. Bradshaw admitted it postgame interview. On the 2nd INT by Smith, Bradshaw claimed (postgame) that he told Rolle "trail the receiver, trail the receiver", and the ball came just to him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/giants-force-3-ints-rout-233710743--nfl.html

Something dirty going on.
Share 49ersWebzone