There are 114 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

New York Giants show how to beat San Francisco 49ers @ NFL

The formula to beat us was never a secret. You still have to go out and beat the 49ers, thats the difficult part
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by Allx9er:
Has anybody considered that maybe roman game planned the way he did was in part due to the short week and he wanted to preserve the rbs for the load on the short week?

Definitely possible.. but with the RB stable we have, I don't see a huge need to compromise one game for the next.

I think with Akers missing two first half FGs, being down 10-3, they just tried to get a lil too cute and overly creative. Definitely feel the NYG worked much harder in the film room than we did... that they wanted it more. (much like the Vikes)

the thought crossed my mind.

but wasn't our strength coming into the season RB depth anyways?
Has anybody considered that maybe roman game planned the way he did was in part due to the short week and he wanted to preserve the rbs for the load on the short week?

Definitely possible.. but with the RB stable we have, I don't see a huge need to compromise one game for the next.

I think with Akers missing two first half FGs, being down 10-3, they just tried to get a lil too cute and overly creative. Definitely feel the NYG worked much harder in the film room than we did... that they wanted it more. (much like the Vikes)

Well, what happen to that stable? Is dixon worthless in any other situation besides garbage time and ST? As for jacobs idk what to think, is the staff just protecting their guy until he's 100% or is harbaugh having a spy vs. spy moment?

I agree with everything in your 2nd paragraph.

With Hunter, Gore, and Jacobs on the roster.. we could have afforded to run the ball far more than TWELVE times... and been fine with the short week to run them some more. If Gore was our only worthy RB.. and we ran him 15 times vs the NYG.. he'd have still been fine to run him on Thursday vs Seattle. That's what I am saying.

As for Jacobs... I think Jim is in no hurry to use him. He was signed as quality RB depth in case an injury occurred to Gore/Hunter. I think we straight up lied to his face on how utilized he would be. It is either that... or he's not looking 100% in practice or is not fully absorbed in the playbook and making mistakes in practice.

No doubt, between gore and hunter they could've ran the ball more than 12 times and stayed fresh for the short week. I guess im beginning to question this depth that we have and the teams ability to use it when needed.

Never considered the harbaugh and lying thing. In any case i hope they figure it out sooner rather than later.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
the thought crossed my mind.

but wasn't our strength coming into the season RB depth anyways?

Well we knew that Hunter and Gore were solid mo fos... but before the Jacobs signing, no. We can be excited about the future of LMJ.. but once we added Jacobs, we did know that our RB depth was very good.
Originally posted by DirtyP:
The formula to beat us was never a secret. You still have to go out and beat the 49ers, thats the difficult part

My whole thing was, we're mostly exposed when we play against really good teams b/c we can't answer to what makes then really good i.e. consistent passing and defense that somewhat replicates ours.

You have a guy like Eli who's basically setting the scene to say he's gonna come out and throw laser accurate passes on a consistent basis, Alex probably feels like he's gotta come out and outdo Eli which puts more pressure on him to perform. Then there's our playcalling that does get too cute when we wanna generate some kind of momentum instead of just pounding the ball to set up the big plays. To beat us the team has to be patient offensively and defensively has to pressure the sh** out of Alex and force him to try and play a game like Eli did.

It sucks to see Alex not be able to have the ability to throw throw throw and have the game on his shoulders like I wish he could, but the reality to me here says that handing the ball off to Frank will make him more comfortable to come out just b/c he's playing OFF of someone instead of trying to do too much himself. Again, sucks to say this with our receiving corps and all the options we have.

With that said on the other hand our formula is to run and set up the pass since we're not a consistent passing offense. Hand that ball off to Frank and get Hunter (who's been really productive) involved too so we can get some successful PA's going. The passing offense is very exciting but I don't think it'll work in big games like against NO and NE, there's just something about these big games where our passing-every-down doesn't work.

I think we should just revert back to the fundamentals of our offense and start running the ball (this should give our D much more rest too). Play 49er football and put this NYG game behind us.
Originally posted by rEspEctdA49ers:

One big difference between the NYG/SF game was pass pro. Eli was barely touched all day. Can't say the same for Alex. Another thing.. Eli's receivers were diving all over the place making touch catches. Alex's receivers? Haha, not a chance.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
This is retarded, the Giants didn't shut down the 49ers running game, the 49ers idiot offensive coordinator did that on his own. LOL at this being a "blueprint" of any kind.

This.

Not worried

One big difference between the NYG/SF game was pass pro. Eli was barely touched all day. Can't say the same for Alex. Another thing.. Eli's receivers were diving all over the place making touch catches. Alex's receivers? Haha, not a chance.

Yeah totally agree. Eli's receivers have his back and it's great to see that kind of communication and trust between QB's and receivers, but not when it goes against your D. And yeah our pass rush didn't seem existent during that game at all, we only touched him once and it wasn't even a sack lol.

But would you agree to running the ball first to set up the pass? Cause we can't come out and chuck the ball every down, it might work against weak/average teams, but not in big games where the other QB is doing the same thing.

Yeah totally agree. Eli's receivers have his back and it's great to see that kind of communication and trust between QB's and receivers, but not when it goes against your D. And yeah our pass rush didn't seem existent during that game at all, we only touched him once and it wasn't even a sack lol.

But would you agree to running the ball first to set up the pass? Cause we can't come out and chuck the ball every down, it might work against weak/average teams, but not in big games where the other QB is doing the same thing.

Typically, yes. Gonna be harder to not throw some early passes vs teams like the Hawks though. I fear that we will struggle to get rush yards early on against the 3rd ranked rush D, if we come put too stubbornly calling run plays. So to open the game, I'm inclined to mix it up at a roughly even pace. Should be up to our QB to read the defense and make an audible if necessary. Alex was making some very good pre-snap adjustments prior to the NYG game. Gotta get back to that... looked to me that we just went with whatever slop Roman called during the NYG game.
I agree. I think Harbaugh has pretty much been exposed. His game plan really is not that complex, and the Giants showed that. I really don't see us beating Seattle with such a short time to draw up a new one.

f**k the Super Bowl. I doubt we make it to the post-season.
[ Edited by area49 on Oct 18, 2012 at 5:16 PM ]

Ahh.....A man of wisdom.
Bluepprint? Yeah if you have a Manning, a decent run game and the Giants front seven. Problem is not many do. Seahawks have a good D and running game but no Manning. Run the ball, throw when the opp presents itself but don't try to get cute with trying pass to much and stick with the run game even when it appears the numberaren't great, soften them up. Then do what you do with the vodoo that you do so well....

More importantly is that you got tohave the personnel to do it. the Giants weren't the SB champs for nothing, give credit where it is due. But run the damn ball. Where them out.
guess the seahawks didn't get the memo