There are 176 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Randy Moss does more harm then good?

  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,308
Originally posted by SmileyJetson:
Dumba** thread. Don't be a bitter a** because we lost. Moss is doing great for our team. Look at the consistency of Crabtree and Kyle Williams. He's done a great deal of things to make this team better

whoa get a grip jacka**. I am one of the few people on here who aren't freaking out. I never criticized Moss' skill or his affect as a mentor on the team. I criticized the fact that signing a HOF deep threat and not using him is hurting our team.


Originally posted by Baldie:
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by Baldie:
Originally posted by Faraz80:
There's nothing creative about it. The guy has size, speed, experience, skills. He doesnt drop balls. All you need to do is give him a chance. We havent this season. Chances are he's gonna move on after this season is done. Our loss, actually. Not his.

Agree, he might sign for less as long as its a playoff team where he'll get more chances, more than what we've given him.

I think if he gets a ring he walks either way, not may teams or coachs can handle randy!

He's said and done all the right things so far....could do the same for another team if we he doesn't get a ring this year.

thats how I feel but even before the season started I never really thought Moss would be here longer then 1 year.
Originally posted by SmileyJetson:
Dumba** thread. Don't be a bitter a** because we lost. Moss is doing great for our team. Look at the consistency of Crabtree and Kyle Williams. He's done a great deal of things to make this team better


True, but this isnt a 40 + year old guy that came back to the league just for kicks. He's doing his job as a veteran guy by teaching the youngsters, but he came back to play. Something he's not doing much of here in SF.
[ Edited by Faraz80 on Oct 14, 2012 at 7:14 PM ]
Originally posted by calinig4life:
Originally posted by SealTeam6:
Our coaches not using him is the problem


Man. Moss was open all game long on the offset I formation. Moss was 1:1 with no deep safety over the top. Giants basically didn't believe the 9ers would throw to Moss. At least Alex got one to him on that formation in the 3rd quarter, but that was there the entire game.
Originally posted by father49er:
Originally posted by calinig4life:
Originally posted by SealTeam6:
Our coaches not using him is the problem


Man. Moss was open all game long on the offset I formation. Moss was 1:1 with no deep safety over the top. Giants basically didn't believe the 9ers would throw to Moss. At least Alex got one to him on that formation in the 3rd quarter, but that was there the entire game.

  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,308
Originally posted by father49er:
Man. Moss was open all game long on the offset I formation. Moss was 1:1 with no deep safety over the top. Giants basically didn't believe the 9ers would throw to Moss. At least Alex got one to him on that formation in the 3rd quarter, but that was there the entire game.

thank you lol another peson says what I was saying. Teams dont even think were going to throw deep to moss when were backed up or in the middle of the field.

Just check AS's stats -- In 6 games we've thrown 4 passes beyond 30 yards with him and completed just 1 and that was todays pass. Add in CKs triple coverage bomb to Moss and we are 1 of 5 on 40+ yard pass plays.

Oh and were only 4 of 6 on plays of 20-30 yards of travel.......Lack of downfield play calling????? Or AS's willingness to go deep!?!?!?
I don't see how Moss dragging a safety and a corner with him on every play can hurt us whether we target him or not.
My biggest problem isn't with Moss but with Crabtree. Moss has been exactly what I thought he'd be. He's not the dominant force he once was but still has solid straightline speed and is mostly used as a decoy. Crabtree on the other hand, I keep holding out hope that this guy will become the receiver we drafted him to be, but thats just not the case. He for the most part just doesn't show up in the big games.

It seems that Crabtree's biggest games come from when the rest of the team is executing around him, ala last week when we were dominating Buffalo on all fronts. BUT, in games like this one against the Giants when we need this guy to step up and be a star when things are going bad, it seems that he's hiding behind the waterboy on the bench. Great players make great plays when their team most needs it and that just isn't Crabtree. He's a solid number two guy but I am becoming more and more convinced by the week thats all he will ever be. It seems for all our "upgrades" at receiver this offseason that we shouldn't be done yet in that department going forward, because so far this season I've learned that when Vernon Davis is neutralized then so his our entire passing game.
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by father49er:
Man. Moss was open all game long on the offset I formation. Moss was 1:1 with no deep safety over the top. Giants basically didn't believe the 9ers would throw to Moss. At least Alex got one to him on that formation in the 3rd quarter, but that was there the entire game.

thank you lol another peson says what I was saying. Teams dont even think were going to throw deep to moss when were backed up or in the middle of the field.

Just check AS's stats -- In 6 games we've thrown 4 passes beyond 30 yards with him and completed just 1 and that was todays pass. Add in CKs triple coverage bomb to Moss and we are 1 of 5 on 40+ yard pass plays.

Oh and were only 4 of 6 on plays of 20-30 yards of travel.......Lack of downfield play calling????? Or AS's willingness to go deep!?!?!?
Alex is taught to make the safer throw. The deep ball isn't in Alex's playbook unless its a desperation. But I agree, on that deep ball to Moss you can just see he kicked it in a different gear to catch that ball. I hope Alex see's that and learns from it. Because we don't attempt passes over 30+ yards even just occasionally, defenses don't respect our vertical game. Yeah we brought in deep threats but we don't take advantage of them. Anybody can defend 5-yard outs, especially if its 3rd and 7 and you throw a 5 yard out.
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
My biggest problem isn't with Moss but with Crabtree. Moss has been exactly what I thought he'd be. He's not the dominant force he once was but still has solid straightline speed and is mostly used as a decoy. Crabtree on the other hand, I keep holding out hope that this guy will become the receiver we drafted him to be, but thats just not the case. He for the most part just doesn't show up in the big games.

It seems that Crabtree's biggest games come from when the rest of the team is executing around him, ala last week when we were dominating Buffalo on all fronts. BUT, in games like this one against the Giants when we need this guy to step up and be a star when things are going bad, it seems that he's hiding behind the waterboy on the bench. Great players make great plays when their team most needs it and that just isn't Crabtree. He's a solid number two guy but I am becoming more and more convinced by the week thats all he will ever be. It seems for all our "upgrades" at receiver this offseason that we shouldn't be done yet in that department going forward, because so far this season I've learned that when Vernon Davis is neutralized then so his our entire passing game.
Well in order for Crabtree to have a big game, it starts with Alex. He was rattled all day. The vikings and giants defenses played us to the book and on top of that they have excellent running games. We will struggle against teams like that and who do we play next that excels in both as well?? Seattle!!
Moss is fine if he can get open, but he is way past his prime, this is probably his last season anyway. Still better than what Braylon Edwards brought to the table last year though lol.
Originally posted by Baldie:
Well in order for Crabtree to have a big game, it starts with Alex. He was rattled all day. The vikings and giants defenses played us to the book and on top of that they have excellent running games. We will struggle against teams like that and who do we play next that excels in both as well?? Seattle!!


True but this has been a consistent problem with Crabtree predated to this season. Crabtree has seemed to always have problems with getting consistently open
Yeah I don't see the point to having Moss if you don't try to utilize his skills....
The way he's being used, yes, it does hurt us. Like you said it's either run or short throw. Moss needs to be on the field a lot more to be effective.
I dont get it. Moss still looks like he's effective as a deep threat, yet we rarely use him.....


I really dont get this coaching staff. In some ways they are brilliant, in others its like they have an extra chromosome.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I dont get it. Moss still looks like he's effective as a deep threat, yet we rarely use him.....


I really dont get this coaching staff. In some ways they are brilliant, in others its like they have an extra chromosome.

I knew when we signed Moss that he would not be much of a factor on this team. There is a reason that we rarely go deep on passes and its not because of the WRs we have had. Throwing deep is just not something he is good at or feels comfortable doing.
...