LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 226 users in the forums

I'll reiterate what I said about the draft at the beginning of the season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by nvchamp9ers:
You guys are completely reaching at straws here

Not a single contribution from the entire draft=reaching at straws. Good to know.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Not a single contribution from the entire draft=reaching at straws. Good to know.

Yea it is, when you have the deepest roster in the Nfl, you literally can not see the forrest through the trees
Yea it is, when you have the deepest roster in the Nfl, you literally can not see the forrest through the trees

LOL at deep roster? How is this roster deep again? There is no depth at OLB, nobody to rotate in at 3-4 DE, lack of depth at safety, where is this supposed depth? Long-snapper? Stop buying into the media BS about this team being "deep", they're a talented team with a very good defense that is very thin as far as depth goes, add an injury to Aldon or Justin Smith and this team is in a world of hurt.
I think Coughlin is 5-1 against the Niners. We were out-coached.

If the draft picks aren't better than the guys who are currently playing then they should sit. If they are better then they should play. I don't know one way or the other.

The Giants secondary blanketed our receivers all day.

We definitely need a rotation player for the DLine in the next draft.

LOL at deep roster? How is this roster deep again? There is no depth at OLB, nobody to rotate in at 3-4 DE, lack of depth at safety, where is this supposed depth? Long-snapper? Stop buying into the media BS about this team being "deep", they're a talented team with a very good defense that is very thin as far as depth goes, add an injury to Aldon or Justin Smith and this team is in a world of hurt.

Look at other NFL rosters and say we aren't the deepest team out there. I am not a homer, we got whipped today but saying "OMG!!! WE LOST BECAUSE WE DODNT HAVE DEPTH AND THIS CLASS DIDNT CONTRIBUTE" is stupid, our team is deep, with only 53 players there will ALWAYS BE thin spots but to say we arent deep is stupid. period.
Look at other NFL rosters and say we aren't the deepest team out there. I am not a homer, we got whipped today but saying "OMG!!! WE LOST BECAUSE WE DODNT HAVE DEPTH AND THIS CLASS DIDNT CONTRIBUTE" is stupid, our team is deep, with only 53 players there will ALWAYS BE thin spots but to say we arent deep is stupid. period.

Look at other 3-4 teams and tell me which ones have s**ttier depth at OLB and DE???

This

we are overrated people, accept it. This is not being negative, it's about talking about what needs to be fixed (as if all our ramblings had any significance). Saying we are overrated does not mean losing support. I'm addicted, I'm a niner junkie. That's some f**king support, my emotions are invested in this. I'm not one of those fans who shuts off the TV in a blow out (2004-2010). I'll watch every snap even if we lose by 100.

But speaking objectively about our team, we need to start calling it out how it is.

I'm VERY concerned about our Defense, which is the most disappointing thing from today. to be honest with you I've never had much faith in Alex (I did and still do have some), so the Offense's performance is not something I'm stressing about, even though it was putrid.

Even when your deep roster gets laid out when faced with a healthy starting roster that is merely considered decent?

Let's see James this up coming game.
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BayAreaNinersFan:

This

we are overrated people, accept it. This is not being negative, it's about talking about what needs to be fixed (as if all our ramblings had any significance). Saying we are overrated does not mean losing support. I'm addicted, I'm a niner junkie. That's some f**king support, my emotions are invested in this. I'm not one of those fans who shuts off the TV in a blow out (2004-2010). I'll watch every snap even if we lose by 100.

But speaking objectively about our team, we need to start calling it out how it is.

I'm VERY concerned about our Defense, which is the most disappointing thing from today. to be honest with you I've never had much faith in Alex (I did and still do have some), so the Offense's performance is not something I'm stressing about, even though it was putrid.

Well said.

Said this 3 weeks ago, not impressed with this draft
Im not worried about our first two picks not playing. Its not due to lack of talent or production. We have guys taking those spots that produce like first round picks or better. AJ Green played every game as a rookie because he was instantly the best WR on that team and he was the 4th pick. We dont have 6 WR's on the field in a game, I dont think any team does.

Looking at the 2012 draft I think the only rookies that would be active for us would be Fleener or Upshaw but we didnt know Haralson would be on IR. Maybe a guy like Kendall Reyes or Derek Wolfe but who would be inactive for them? If they need depth on the DL they should quit acting like Dobbs will ever be a decent TE and put him back solely on defense.

Look at other 3-4 teams and tell me which ones have s**ttier depth at OLB and DE???
I dont deny us having weak points, every football team does, look at the Packers and ask who has a weaker oline, or the cowboys and ask who has weaker Ilb depth. The point is every team has weak points and complaining and saying that 2 draft picks were inactive made us lose the game when we had little pressure when our guys were fresh in the start, makes very little sense. We will just have to agree to disagree on this one imo
I agree, but it wasn't the reason why we lost.

I dont deny us having weak points, every football team does, look at the Packers and ask who has a weaker oline, or the cowboys and ask who has weaker Ilb depth. The point is every team has weak points and complaining and saying that 2 draft picks were inactive made us lose the game when we had little pressure when our guys were fresh in the start, makes very little sense. We will just have to agree to disagree on this one imo

This.
Our lack of production from rookies has nothing to do with losing this game, or any game this year.
Share 49ersWebzone