There are 171 users in the forums

ESPN - Evidence Supports Gilbride's Claim

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
He gets held 1000 times more than he holds so football outsiders and Gillbride both can f**k off.

what he said. JS rarely goes un-held.
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
So Dan Graziano's theory is that we hold linemen so that All Done and Brooks can blitz freely off a stunt... let's see what excuses they have come Sunday.

This guy is implying that the coaches are teaching this BS
Back in the 60's Harbaugh wouldve gotten called "weak" if he DIDNT coach his players that way.

The head slap used to be legal. As far as im concerned, if youre going to play OL that stand 6'7 and/or weigh 330 lbs, dont cry when DL try to get an upperhand.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
My personal take. Does Justin Smith hold? Probably. Is he coached to do it? Probably. Does it matter? Not really - as others point out that in the interior of the line, lots of offensive holds go unnoticed. In addition, OL can legally hold the DL so long as their hands don't stray outside. Unless refs change the way they call the game, Justin will continue to play the game the same way.

It is kind of funny. Most weeks, teams like to praise their opponent to avoid giving bulletin board material (and make their victory all the more impressive). This week, the NY Giants have basically called the 49ers overrated (compared to them) and cheaters. Someone sounds really insecure...

So who is grabbing who?
^^^^^ `nuff said
Justin Smith=Beast.
Gilbride=unknown douchebag who wants attention
Justin is a f**kin monster......and these guys are looking for any way to stop him including tipping the refs by throwing this bs out there.

New York is going to be broken after they play us.
Originally posted by sacniner:
This no story is getting WAY too much attention.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/78026/its-on-jim-harbaugh-obliterates-giants-oc

Sando had a pretty good take on why Harbaugh responded the way he did:

This is a double-barreled response from Harbaugh to a single-barrel comment from Gilbride. Outrageous, irrational, absurd and incendiary? Those words used in this manner give the 49ers something to rally around emotionally, obliterating whatever edge Giants coach Tom Coughlin was seeking when he suggested no one was giving the Super Bowl champion Giants a chance to win this game.
I'll say this... my Dad was a football coach (RIP) and he taught me to do anything (short of taking PEDS) to get a physical and psychological advantage over the opponent. More so in the "trenches" of football, some things that happen are legal if the ref does not see it, it's an unspoken rule. So for Gilbride to speak on this and some no name journalist/reporter is not only ridiculousness, it's disrespectful to the game. What really boils my blood is he tried to act like Jim releasing a statement about it before his normal presser was some type of cover up... really?! So your going to try and turn this into Holdingate?! Now I'm only 28 and I'm sure there are millions of people who have watched wayyyy more football than I have. But one thing I ALWAYS here the announcers calling the game say is; "The refs could call holding every play if they wanted to." Yes it's cliche as hell, but it is true! The trenches of football are DIRTY, and your always going to find a different way to our dirty your opponent. You set land mines, we will drop napalm on you. I'm sure we are not the first team to imply this tactic, in fact... I KNOW... why? Because my Dad taught me that move in f'n middle school. But the way Dan Graziano wrote is as if we were running bounty gate of here (well I couldn't blame him if he accused us for that the way we bring the pain... ). It's disrespectful that he insist that our players are "coached" to do this, when he probably hasn't even got a clue on what happens in our practice. That's just piss poor journalism and disrespectful to one of the best coaching staffs in the league. You think our pass rush is ELITE because Justin Smith and Big Mac are hold the inside of a linemans jersey?! FOOLISH. I bet this guy has never even played FLAG football.

Originally posted by 24plus25er:
I'll say this... my Dad was a football coach (RIP) and he taught me to do anything (short of taking PEDS) to get a physical and psychological advantage over the opponent. More so in the "trenches" of football, some things that happen are legal if the ref does not see it, it's an unspoken rule. So for Gilbride to speak on this and some no name journalist/reporter is not only ridiculousness, it's disrespectful to the game. What really boils my blood is he tried to act like Jim releasing a statement about it before his normal presser was some type of cover up... really?! So your going to try and turn this into Holdingate?! Now I'm only 28 and I'm sure there are millions of people who have watched wayyyy more football than I have. But one thing I ALWAYS here the announcers calling the game say is; "The refs could call holding every play if they wanted to." Yes it's cliche as hell, but it is true! The trenches of football are DIRTY, and your always going to find a different way to our dirty your opponent. You set land mines, we will drop napalm on you. I'm sure we are not the first team to imply this tactic, in fact... I KNOW... why? Because my Dad taught me that move in f'n middle school. But the way Dan Graziano wrote is as if we were running bounty gate of here (well I couldn't blame him if he accused us for that the way we bring the pain... ). It's disrespectful that he insist that our players are "coached" to do this, when he probably hasn't even got a clue on what happens in our practice. That's just piss poor journalism and disrespectful to one of the best coaching staffs in the league. You think our pass rush is ELITE because Justin Smith and Big Mac are hold the inside of a linemans jersey?! FOOLISH. I bet this guy has never even played FLAG football.

One hundred times this
espn=ghey
J.Smith hasn't made too many big plays this year. Expect this beast to unleash hell on the Giants tomorrow after what that chump said about him.
As people have said, this is as big of a non-story than any I've seen all season so far. Yeah, Killdrive was pretty stupid to make that comment, but if anything, it seems more like a compliment than anything. You Ninnies fans get more riled up than Harbaugh does when someone gives him a wet willy. Calm your hormones and enjoy the game.
Originally posted by Bobbafett12:
As people have said, this is as big of a non-story than any I've seen all season so far. Yeah, Killdrive was pretty stupid to make that comment, but if anything, it seems more like a compliment than anything. You Ninnies fans get more riled up than Harbaugh does when someone gives him a wet willy. Calm your hormones and enjoy the game.

It's a forum dude. We discuss things here. You trying to tell us the Giants forums haven't had a thing or three to say on the subject?

By the way, this is the 49ers forum. You want to post here, you have a little respect. One more Ninnies or other crap like that and you won't be posting here.
Share 49ersWebzone