LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

An idiot on ESPN's First Take said Alex Smith looked better last year than this year.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • fly15
  • Veteran
we'll see this Sunday, go Alex
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
I think the back shoulder throw to Williams is a big step up for Smith. Also, the throw to Vernon on a dime along the sideline. He threw it off his back foot, and threw it early, before Vernon was at full speed; that showed great anticipation.

I think there are certainly some improvements.

definitely. never seen him hit a back shoulder throw like that before.

He actually started doing it last year. I can remember one in particular where he he Vernon on a back should throw. I want to say it was against the Bucs.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
I think the back shoulder throw to Williams is a big step up for Smith. Also, the throw to Vernon on a dime along the sideline. He threw it off his back foot, and threw it early, before Vernon was at full speed; that showed great anticipation.

I think there are certainly some improvements.

definitely. never seen him hit a back shoulder throw like that before.

He actually started doing it last year. I can remember one in particular where he he Vernon on a back should throw. I want to say it was against the Bucs.

Seahawks, first game
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Late 2010 - Better.

2011 - Better Still.

2012 - The best I've ever seen and still ascending.

Hang in there. He is still learning the system and hasn't changed coordinators for two years in a row. He's only going to get better
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by fly15:

He will play good this Sunday that giant secondary is banged up.
Originally posted by jcashen87:
That was dumb ass Lomas Brown, and mella8 Alex beat the Giants in the reg season last year when they were contenders and were good, and surprisingly Alex passed the ball a lot due to Frank getting hurt. So its not like anyone who has been watching is still waiting for Alex to step up against a contender, i know you just came over from the GB forums this year, and i mean that in no bad way, but Alex led some wins against top playoff teams last year. It might not always be pretty but since the start of last season, Alex's team has the most wins of any starting QB to have played the same span.

It matters not. Alex Smith was labeled a "game manager" last year, even though he had games where he led from the front. This year is his opportunity to shed that label and become the team LEADER. He can do that by showcasing his progression in the WCO. I wanna see the Niners win BECAUSE of him, not in spite of him. He's done a good job against some opponents this year, but based on records --- they're all noncontenders (except MIN). Lets see him go up against a real team.
Originally posted by mella8:
That was dumb ass Lomas Brown, and mella8 Alex beat the Giants in the reg season last year when they were contenders and were good, and surprisingly Alex passed the ball a lot due to Frank getting hurt. So its not like anyone who has been watching is still waiting for Alex to step up against a contender, i know you just came over from the GB forums this year, and i mean that in no bad way, but Alex led some wins against top playoff teams last year. It might not always be pretty but since the start of last season, Alex's team has the most wins of any starting QB to have played the same span.

It matters not. Alex Smith was labeled a "game manager" last year, even though he had games where he led from the front. This year is his opportunity to shed that label and become the team LEADER. He can do that by showcasing his progression in the WCO. I wanna see the Niners win BECAUSE of him, not in spite of him. He's done a good job against some opponents this year, but based on records --- they're all noncontenders (except MIN). Lets see him go up against a real team.

Alex is already regarded as a leader by... well, the main players on the team and their HC.

We play the teams on the schedule and aside from that we are a contender no matter who we play we show up and give em a tough game. I don't think this team is lacking from having not played and beaten quality opponents this year. I don't think anyone in this league will look at the 49ers and say hey we can beat them, they haven't played anyone. And the only thing Alex has left to prove is to win a championship. As for stats and numbers he puts up, well you can't please everyone, but when you win as Eli has, you shut up a lot of people in your own fan base.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
He seems to improve every week.

ESPN is WAYYYYYY over-rated. I stopped watching their pregame show. NFL network's version is much better.

Fox has a better pregame show.

yeah man, jamie dukes is where it at. no bias there
Originally posted by fly15:

holy crap when did pigs fly? fly has turned to the dark side

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Late 2010 - Better.

2011 - Better Still.

2012 - The best I've ever seen and still ascending.

Pretty much this.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Call me bat s**t crazy but I really for first time ever believe Alex can get us there and win the big game. He looks like a top 10 qb out there. Not to mention Davis looks scary good this year scoring a td almost every game so far. Gore looks fresh and rejuvenated out there and hitting the hole hard. Aldon and Justin are wrecking havoc again. Alex can beat Brady and Eli and Peyton.
Originally posted by Olejohnnyboy:
And his co hosts agreed with him. This program lost a lot of credibility with me!

I have not posted in the webzone for a solid 2 years but always check up fellas daily...reason i reply? I posted about this on my Facebook almost word for word. We already know skip bayless is an AS hater now we have guys coming on without doing the proper research. Unreal
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
He seems to improve every week.

ESPN is WAYYYYYY over-rated. I stopped watching their pregame show. NFL network's version is much better.

Fox has a better pregame show.

yeah man, jamie dukes is where it at. no bias there

hahahaha your boy Jaime "Hater" Dukes
  • Axl49
  • Veteran

Like Giants who beat CAR and Browns and lost to crap cowboys........
Share 49ersWebzone