There are 340 users in the forums

Jacobs unhappy

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Yea, I don't blame him one bit. Plus, reporters are gonna try to drag anything out of a player and spin it how they want. In HS and JC, I'd get pissed if I was taken off the field for one play. Imagine these dudes, that have always been superstars? It's gotta be killing them.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Much Ado About Nothing

Originally posted by Loco49er:
Furthermore, when was the last time Gore played a full season? I don't want to jinx him but the history is not good.

last year
  • fryet
  • Veteran
Personally, I think that Randy Moss should not dress for a game to give our rookie a chance to play, but of course doing that would invite all kinds of problems. Jacobs is in the same boat. The 49ers have so much depth at WR and RB that several very good players don't get opportunities to play.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
The problem is this: Frank Gore, Kendall Hunter, Anthony Dixon, LaMichael James & Brandon Jacobs. James and Jacobs are usually inactive. Hard to get playing time with that many running backs.
deactivate the dix and put in jacobs.
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Feared this. Kinda knew it, if he wasn't active, he would be unhappy. If he is healthy, he should be active, he gives us a good boost in short yardage RB.

We dont know that yet

how else will we find this out? we should play him and see what he does.
Originally posted by sacniner:
I understand his frustration, but of course you don't talk to the media. Especially after keeping Dixon, we have no room for Jacobs.

When a player is about to face his former Superbowl team, I'm sure they will ask him a few things that he has to respond to. No big deal.
I don't mind him being a bit unhappy. He's only human, he wants to do whatever he can to help his team and it's hard to feel like that if you're not even playing. Hopefully he'll get his chance soon.
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
Feared this. Kinda knew it, if he wasn't active, he would be unhappy. If he is healthy, he should be active, he gives us a good boost in short yardage RB.

I dont really blame him. When your a vet player and your not dressing for games or getting much playing time its really hard to keep working hard knowing you wont play because he knows his days in the league are limited and he dont wonna spend his last few days sitting on the sideline.

I feel for Jacobs. He is better than Dixon, and we need a boost on short yardage big time. If healthy, which he seems, he needs to be active and play.

I would be frustrated too, I think Harbaugh wanted him inactive for the Bills game so they can play Jacobs against his former team.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
deactivate the dix and put in jacobs.

They will probably deactivate Celek, since Dixon is decent on STs. Probably inactives would be Tolzien, James, Jenkins, Looney, Celek, I.Williams and Robinson
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:

I dont really blame him. When your a vet player and your not dressing for games or getting much playing time its really hard to keep working hard knowing you wont play because he knows his days in the league are limited and he dont wonna spend his last few days sitting on the sideline.

I feel for Jacobs. He is better than Dixon, and we need a boost on short yardage big time. If healthy, which he seems, he needs to be active and play.

Thats one of the reasons that teams keep cheap young players as back ups. Because they know they will fight hard to get playing time while playing special teams. In reality Moss and Jacabs should be playing special teams but they wont because who they are and how old they are. Hopefully they play him or I could see him asking for a trade or getting released. some goes with Moss
f**k him. dixon looks pretty good in the few garbage time situations we put him in and kaep is just as good as a short yardage back because they cant stop that play
Might as well trade him to the Jets or something cause he is just wasting space as far as I can see.
Share 49ersWebzone