There are 283 users in the forums

Jacobs unhappy

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I would rather see some big Dix in there than Jacobs!
. The running game isn't exactly hurting. We came into the season very deep. His injury paved the way for Dixon to hang on to a spot and Dixon is making the most of it. I'm sure he'll get in at some point. I think his frustration is over the fact that our running game is killing people and it has nothing to do with him. It's tough to miss a record breaking day.
All you guys ripping Jacobs on here are reactionary outsiders that forgot what it means to be a competitor. The guy is a football player, that's his profession and his livelihood. Right now, he isn't able to play football and he doesn't know why, being a competitor he naturally is going to get frustrated. He wants to get on the field, get the ball, and set about hitting people.

Furthermore, he's a member of this team. Stop hammering the guy and cheer his a$$ on as loud as you would Frank Gore, Vernon Davis, or any other Niner on the team. You never know, they guy could end up playing a big role in this season's outcome.
Good! Harbaugh wants Jacobs to take out his frustration on his former team this Sunday.
Dixon couldn't get 2 yards in 2 attempts last year in the biggest game this franchise has seen in a decade. I'm surprised so many people are just saying cut Jacobs.

Play the beast. He was looking great in preseason. That failure in short yardage was the reason we got him... He will get us the yards when we are going straight up the middle 3 times in a row on the 1 yard line.
I hear the Jets and Green Bay both need running backs....
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:

Big Dix can pound it real hard up the middle.
  • Tombo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:
deactivate the dix and put in jacobs.

This.
I don't see the problem YET. I won't be surprised if he starts b***hing about his carries as the season goes on. We use all sorts of guys in our running attack. 7 guys carried the ball vs. Bills, 9 guys vs. Jets. He may only get a few touches a game but if we use him goal line and he gets TD's, I think he'll be okay. As for now he isn't a problem though because he is saying the right things.

"I've learned over the years when you open your mouth and say certain things, it hurts you, so I'm just going to shut up and keep working."
Can't say that this isn't a bit worrisome.

Why the hell sign the guy I you're not gonna use him?? Play his ass and let him convert short yards.
Originally posted by jesserdumas2:
All you guys ripping Jacobs on here are reactionary outsiders that forgot what it means to be a competitor. The guy is a football player, that's his profession and his livelihood. Right now, he isn't able to play football and he doesn't know why, being a competitor he naturally is going to get frustrated. He wants to get on the field, get the ball, and set about hitting people.

Furthermore, he's a member of this team. Stop hammering the guy and cheer his a$$ on as loud as you would Frank Gore, Vernon Davis, or any other Niner on the team. You never know, they guy could end up playing a big role in this season's outcome.

I have no problem with him wanting to play. I DO have a problem with him airing his dirty laundry in the media. It's inappropriate. If he has issues, he needs to take them up with Harbaugh rather than the NY media. If he is going to complain in public, showing that he isn't willing to accept his role (even if he wants more), then he can go as far as I'm concerned. Keep the problems in house. Don't cry to the media. It's that simple.

There is no crying in football!
Interesting what will happen with this situation. Harbaugh certainly wont let it affect the team though. For all we know, Harbaugh might have told him to say something to make it seem that there were real problems lol.
[ Edited by TheRatMan13 on Oct 10, 2012 at 6:13 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:

why. dixon is terrible
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
As much as everyone is hatin on Jacobs, we need him. Even Coughlin himself said they are really missing Jacobs and his "in your mouth" running style. Against a DLine like the Giants and its 3rd and 1, I'd rather Jacobs get the ball than Dixon.
Share 49ersWebzone