LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 267 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 6)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
They wouldn't punt deep but drop kick onside attempt.

I dont even know if you can onside kick a safety punt.
Originally posted by mug0mug:
People went crazy on the "Randy Moss was wide open," play where Alex threw the pick (even Gore was pointing!) after Mayock went so heavy on it, but every angle I've looked at he was under duress, had no window, and there was no easy pass to him. I'd have preferred he just throw it away, run, or take a sack, but he was trying to be aggressive rather than passive, a criticism people constantly pepper him with.

I don't think he could see Moss through the traffic and the guys up front. Maybe he had an idea where Moss maybe but didn't see him until late on the scramble. Should he have had better vision on that .... maybe. Some times qb can see it, some times they don't.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Oct 18, 2012 at 9:18 PM ]
We escaped with a win but if we don't step it up we will lose these divisional games on the road
People went crazy on the "Randy Moss was wide open," play where Alex threw the pick (even Gore was pointing!) after Mayock went so heavy on it, but every angle I've looked at he was under duress, had no window, and there was no easy pass to him. I'd have preferred he just throw it away, run, or take a sack, but he was trying to be aggressive rather than passive, a criticism people constantly pepper him with.

Alex probably thought when he was pointing to Moss that he was calling for the ball. Probably an excuse but really a guy with his arms up 99,999/100,000 is calling the ball.
Originally posted by BillWalsh:

You can.

I've seen it done . It was drop kicked since you can't use a tee
Originally posted by BillWalsh:

You can squib it and if it goes 10 yards it's live. And if you don't drop kick it you could also punt it as a line drive squib and let it bounce around.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 18, 2012 at 9:18 PM ]
Originally posted by fropwns:
Posters have a right to their opinions, but stuff like this
Originally posted by Wrathman:
Smith is inept just admit it, it's ok

doesn't cut it and is designed to provoke a response. If you dislike the dude, make a compelling argument and not a short response. You may not see it as a problem, but it creates them for other posters who will feel the need to respond.

Do you guys ever go back through the gameday threads and make retro-active warnings/bannings? Sometimes it seems like some really obnoxious things may get lost in the flood of posts in the gameday threads.
Originally posted by fropwns:
Posters have a right to their opinions, but stuff like this
Originally posted by Wrathman:
Smith is inept just admit it, it's ok

doesn't cut it and is designed to provoke a response. If you dislike the dude, make a compelling argument and not a short response. You may not see it as a problem, but it creates them for other posters who will feel the need to respond.

Heat of the moment frustration, I feel it all the time.
  • dugo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Juniorminime:
This game was so tacking fix its not even funny. Why in the world would harbaugh gave up the points when it is a safety with less than a minute left. The spread was 8 pts and the 9ers would have covered. Either harbaugh is betting against his team or he is the biggest idiot in the world.

yes he is both an idiot and betting on the game too

good post man, keep it coming

Originally posted by DirtyP:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
We are discussing. Stop going back to the 'excuse' card. Not excusing the poor play of Smith at all. We are discussing the game so the the holding of our receiver was part of it. If you stop cookie cutting into the game being all of Smith's fault long enough, maybe I will discuss the game further with you. Being sincere here.

That was an excuse, no way around it. Alex Smiths last 2 games, 300 yards, 1 td, 4 interceptions.

He had EVERYTHING working in his favor today and he couldn't make the seahawks pay. The first pass of the day was off target, and thats a rehersed play with Crabtree wide open in the flat. He was horrible on all but one drive. Not good enough any way you look at it.

Not good enough ANY way you look at it? We won the game, that's how I look at it.

Rely on Alex Smith passing= 2 losses
Run the ball with Gore and company=wins
Alex needs everything to go right to function.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
You can.

I've seen it done . It was drop kicked since you can't use a tee

Well Harbaugh still made the right decision to me, although we were up by 9. If they return on onside safety punt for a TD, then get an onside kick back, they can win in short amount of time, although highly unlikely, Harbaugh is still smart to take the ball and kneel it.
Originally posted by Gore_21:

Alex probably thought when he was pointing to Moss that he was calling for the ball. Probably an excuse but really a guy with his arms up 99,999/100,000 is calling the ball.

Who knows, maybe Gore's pointing lead the defender to cut off the pass?
Originally posted by DirtyP:
That was an excuse, no way around it. Alex Smiths last 2 games, 300 yards, 1 td, 4 interceptions.

He had EVERYTHING working in his favor today and he couldn't make the seahawks pay. The first pass of the day was off target, and thats a rehersed play with Crabtree wide open in the flat. He was horrible on all but one drive. Not good enough any way you look at it.

CK was awesome if you consider getting your head knock off and disrupting the rhythm of the offense a food thing
Originally posted by pitseleh:
Originally posted by Gore_21:

Who knows, maybe Gore's pointing lead the defender to cut off the pass?

Alexcuses!
Share 49ersWebzone