LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 6)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Ruh roh. Matt Millen made some comments about Willis and Bowman's "worst performance" last week and now Willis is not too happy. That guy is going to be smashing on Thursday!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/16/patrick-willis-not-happy-with-matt-millens-criticism/
I think Willis overreacted a little here.

Looks like Freddie P has gotten the best of Willis to the point where criticism bruises the ego.

Trade him
Ruh roh. Matt Millen made some comments about Willis and Bowman's "worst performance" last week and now Willis is not too happy. That guy is going to be smashing on Thursday!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/16/patrick-willis-not-happy-with-matt-millens-criticism/

Looks like Freddie P has gotten the best of Willis to the point where criticism bruises the ego.

To be fair on Willis' part 95.7 completely butchered the audio to make millen look like he was ripping Willis and bowman. They left none of the positives of how it won't happen again and millens explanation of their not up to standard performance. What's f**ked up is millen always praises them week in and week out and this one time he critiques them and it blew up on him lol
Originally posted by monsterzero789:

To be fair on Willis' part 95.7 completely butchered the audio to make millen look like he was ripping Willis and bowman. They left none of the positives of how it won't happen again and millens explanation of their not up to standard performance. What's f**ked up is millen always praises them week in and week out and this one time he critiques them and it blew up on him lol

Don't mess with Pat.
Someone on our defense WILL end Russel Wilson's season on Thursday Night.

Book that s**t.

Willis is one of my favorite players and would easily whoop my ass, but he makes himself and the entire team look like a fool right now with that reaction. Especially after such a poor performance.

The fanbase is looking foolish after last win, I worried to see the team if they lose Thursday.
Who cares? This stuff is nonsense. Players tend to be emotional after a big loss and any perceived criticism may indeed trigger their heightened sensitivities. Millen is probably right, and yet I am not surprised by Willis' reaction. It's a non-story; move on to Thursday night.
Didn't read the criticisms or the response, but sounds like Millen's right. Just off of memory, our awesome ILB duo (and they are awesome) did have their worst game. Getting blocked and charging into empty run lanes. How much? Can not say.. but worse than their usual awesomeness.
Originally posted by real9erfan:
Who cares? This stuff is nonsense. Players tend to be emotional after a big loss and any perceived criticism may indeed trigger their heightened sensitivities. Millen is probably right, and yet I am not surprised by Willis' reaction. It's a non-story; move on to Thursday night.

I actually was. How often does Willis rip anyone?
I like the idea of Bowman and Willis playing angry. Marshawn Lynch might not though.

With that said, there seems to be more chatter these last few weeks. Justin Smith, Harbaugh, and now Willis. I hope the team keeps it together. I don't think these guys would be responding last year.
[ Edited by TheRatMan13 on Oct 16, 2012 at 1:29 PM ]
Millen probably things the niners should have drafted receivers instead of Willis/Bowman.

On a lighter note, my starting QB in fantasy is on his bye week so I have to start Alex Smith.

FML.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NavyHawk:
On a lighter note, my starting QB in fantasy is on his bye week so I have to start Alex Smith.

FML.

oh the ironing.
Originally posted by NavyHawk:

FML.

Well look at the logic here. Any smart fantasy football player would know that when a quarterback has the weapons that Alex Smith has, you have to C that the probability how to score many points is there. It just sucks for any smart fantasy football player who drafted Alex Smith because Alex Smith is not getting it done.
Staley feels fine.... I hope that he plays!
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Staley feels fine.... I hope that he plays!

anyone familiar with the tests involved if determining whether a player can play?
Share 49ersWebzone