Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The balanced offense thread of balance.

Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by Joecool:
http://www.nfl.com/teams/sanfrancisco49ers/statistics?team=SF

How can you be "balanced" when you are ranked 30th in passing yards? Passing yards aren't the end all be all, but they are a sign of production and the ability to move the ball through the air. We should at least be middle of the pack, even with a 3rd ranked rushing attack. Something is clearly wrong.

As is everything else, it is all about perspective.

We are balanced in terms of attempts. We are nearly balanced in terms of yards per play between rushing and passing.

We are definitely not balanced in terms of the strength of our rushing compared to the strength of our passing.

You realize I said 30th right? As in almost dead last...

Just completly unacceptable.

yet we're 3-1. very acceptable.

And you see what happens when the D does'nt peforme at an elite level (Minny). The offense can't even mustard more than 10 points against a lower tier defense.
lol. when it all boils down, all that counts is wins and losses in the NFL.

" If you're not getting better, your getting worst" - Jim Harbaugh.

Yes, so let's lock all thread and discussions on specifics of improvement.
And you see what happens when the D does'nt peforme at an elite level (Minny). The offense can't even mustard more than 10 points against a lower tier defense.

meh. it's still early in the season. we're right where we need to be. you guys are acting like the sun is about to go supernova and destroy the earth.

and people have the gall to say i complain a lot.

we're a power run team. 245 yds last week.

Which is great, until you're down 14 points (which isn't often with this D). At the end of the day, I just hope we get more balanced. I was really hoping for a huge step forward and instead I dont feel like we are any more effective than last year.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Oct 2, 2012 at 3:57 PM ]

Which is great, until you're down 14 points (which isn't often with this D). At the end of the day, I just hope we get more balanced. I was really hoping for a huge step forward and instead I dont feel like we are any more effective than last year.

I'm just saying you guys are too wrapped up in stats

Not exactly. The one game we didn't have a lead early on, we lost this year. The passing game was not good enough to help score points or move the ball enough to do so.

It is only one game so we do need to see if we can withstand that if it happens again.

Not exactly. The one game we didn't have a lead early on, we lost this year. The passing game was not good enough to help score points or move the ball enough to do so.

It is only one game so we do need to see if we can withstand that if it happens again.

that's where people need to chill.

What's the chances we go back to a place across the country, play early in the a.m., and have the whole team look flat?

chalk it up to being a cluster f**k day
Originally posted by jreff22:

What's the chances we go back to a place across the country, play early in the a.m., and have the whole team look flat?

I agree. It needs to happen three times for me. The Jets game was #2 but the Jets are just dumb as f**k and their QB is heavily dependent on the talent that surrounds him.

We will find out Dec 2nd

I agree. It needs to happen three times for me. The Jets game was #2 but the Jets are just dumb as f**k and their QB is heavily dependent on the talent that surrounds him.

how was the Jets game #2....we were never behind in the game?

In terms of our passing offense. If the Jets were a more disciplined team and had a real QB, it would have been a tough game. There's some teams that are just stupid and not discipline...Raiders...

In terms of our passing offense. If the Jets were a more disciplined team and had a real QB, it would have been a tough game. There's some teams that are just stupid and not discipline...Raiders...

if, if, if. let's not "if" anything.

if Whitner had held on to that INT vs MIN, we'd most likely be 4-0. see how that works?