LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 211 users in the forums

The balanced offense thread of balance.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Yes it does, but thanks for your opinion, no matter how bad it smells.

Dude, you gotta stop the hate.

So if a team runs 25 times for 150 yds and passes 25 times for 150 yards, you think that is balanced football?

I'm sorry but passing for an avg of 5 yards per attempt is bad passing no matter how you try to sugar coat it.

And folks wonder why threads get personal. There's always someone who starts it...
Originally posted by 49ersHeroine:
Balanced it looks to me there is more run than pass. Which is flat out pathetic in today's NFL! Even worse it is foolishness when you have The Best TE, and very talented WR's, Moss Manningham, Crabs and Frank Gore is good in the receiveing game. We have to start launching passes deep down field. D cordinators will quickly find a way to shut down our power run. We need a powerful O, so that when we are down by 2touchdowns we can come back and win. Versuse the sorry Vikings we were stumped, after being down against them. And we are light years ahead of them being a better team

Haha...this is pure comedic gold. Love it!
Originally posted by Joecool:

I'm sorry but passing for an avg of 5 yards per attempt is bad passing no matter how you try to sugar coat it.

... and yet Lord Ponder had a 5.6 average against us and you lauded him as if he was the GOAT.

... and the next week against "a pathetic" (as stated by you and others) Lions secondary, he had a 4.27 average.

Thoughts?
Originally posted by oldman9er:

... and yet Lord Ponder had a 5.6 average against us and you lauded him as if he was the GOAT.

... and the next week against "a pathetic" (as stated by you and others) Lions secondary, he had a 4.27 average.

Thoughts?

Hearing crickets, joe... nothing to say about this one, eh?
Temperature gauge is moving in the wrong direction.
Originally posted by oldman9er:

Thoughts?

And do you think I call them a "balanced team?" You also forgot that I said Alex didn't have a bad game but that Ponder made the extra plays outside the scope/design of the plays.

I never said about how great of a thrower Ponder was or that he had a great statistical game. Either way, Memphis and his inciting is what starts to get things carried away.

Oldman, why do you look at what I posted and think to yourself if I was attacking anyone...including Alex Smith or was I questioning the definition of a "balance team." You and Memphis need to think about that before you start this again because we can go there.
Originally posted by English:

shutting the valve.... NAO !!!!

So if a team runs 25 times for 150 yds and passes 25 times for 150 yards, you think that is balanced football?

And folks wonder why threads get personal. There's always someone who starts it...

As someone that just recently admitted to stirring the pot just for fun, I wouldn't go there. You are thinking like it is fantasy football, not only is your reasoning flawed in that respect, but your math is bad as well. In real football the object is to win, not to pass for x amount of yards. You talk like you know football but then post total garbage like this. The threads get locked because you and three or four other posters come in and stir s**t up just to entertain yourselves at the expense of the people who genuinely want to have a discussion about real football and not about how you are upset that our qb doesn't put up good fantasy numbers, while the vast majority is into the real game and understand that balance is a good way to win games. I should say I am surprised that you would have to have this explained to you, but I am not.

move to Florida.....you dont know hot

Done with this. What I pmd you about is going down again.

As someone that just recently admitted to stirring the pot just for fun, I wouldn't go there. You are thinking like it is fantasy football, not only is your reasoning flawed in that respect, but your math is bad as well. In real football the object is to win, not to pass for x amount of yards. You talk like you know football but then post total garbage like this. The threads get locked because you and three or four other posters come in and stir s**t up just to entertain yourselves at the expense of the people who genuinely want to have a discussion about real football and not about how you are upset that our qb doesn't put up good fantasy numbers, while the vast majority is into the real game and understand that balance is a good way to win games. I should say I am surprised that you would have to have this explained to you, but I am not.

Again, keep avoiding the topic and assuming. It won't get you anywhere.

150 yards passing on 25 attempts and 150 rushes on 25 attempts is not a balanced team. It is a team that is not very good when they pass the ball.

To the bold, not that I want the 49ers to take this path, but you do know what types of teams won the last 10 superbowls, right?
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by TDNiners:
I'm sure somebody can turn this into a negative.

LOL...where there's a zone...

There you go.... negative from 0 to 60 seconds.

Even Matt Barrows said "In fact, from the reaction of some fans, you'd have thought he was on the losing end of the 34-0 score"
Time out. Take a breather.
Fire pit of bleeding herpes
Originally posted by 49ersHeroine:
Balanced it looks to me there is more run than pass. Which is flat out pathetic in today's NFL! Even worse it is foolishness when you have The Best TE, and very talented WR's, Moss Manningham, Crabs and Frank Gore is good in the receiveing game. We have to start launching passes deep down field. D cordinators will quickly find a way to shut down our power run. We need a powerful O, so that when we are down by 2touchdowns we can come back and win. Versuse the sorry Vikings we were stumped, after being down against them. And we are light years ahead of them being a better team

Because the rest of the NFL does it, we have to do it? Bill Walsh might disagree.

Bill Walsh definitely disagreed.
Share 49ersWebzone