LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 223 users in the forums

The balanced offense thread of balance.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Hooray for balanced.
.........................sponsored by the American Dodge Ball Association of America.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Again, keep avoiding the topic and assuming. It won't get you anywhere.

150 yards passing on 25 attempts and 150 rushes on 25 attempts is not a balanced team. It is a team that is not very good when they pass the ball.

To the bold, not that I want the 49ers to take this path, but you do know what types of teams won the last 10 superbowls, right?

I avoided nothing and stated nothing but fact. Look up the definition of balance if you are unfamiliar with the term. You are looking at rankings like they are any indication even though they are going to be skewed because of the pass happy teams that are piling up losses. If a team gets the same amount of yards from the same amount of plays then by definition that is balance. I don't know why you would dispute that fact, but the fact remains that this is a balanced team by design. As for the last ten superbowl winning teams, I would say they were the teams that were executing the best in the playoffs. Your wish to redefine a clearly defined word in the English language just to support a weak argument is something that I find comical at best and is a clear indicator that your argument is fundamentally flawed from the outset.
The team strive for balance. They preach it. Doesn't mean that they will come out of every game 50/50 in every way. It just doesn't work like that. You game plan to what you think would win the game. Some games you throw a little more than others. Some game you run a little more. But you don't skewed one way or the other.

Some of you guys are argumentative for the sake of being one. But... but... We are NOT a balance team. We ran the ball more. NO FCK'N SH*T! Did you realized who we have played the last 4 games....? Packers and Lions high power offense. Run the ball, keep TOP, keep their offense off the field. Minny we were behind all game. We threw the ball a little more to try to catch up. The Jets couldn't stop the run while our defense was pitching a shutout with turnovers.

We didn't abandon one area for another. We strive for a balance offense. QMG get over yourself.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Oct 3, 2012 at 2:33 AM ]
Thread starting to overheat. Suspension mode engaged.
300 passing. 300 rushing. We just acheived balance on offense

Now we all can STFU
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
300 passing. 300 rushing. We just acheived balance on offense

Now we all can STFU

LOL...I commend your timing!
supreme, dominating balance.
Originally posted by mkmasn:
Through 4 games:

Passing Attempts: 114
Passing Yards: 717
Passing First Downs: 47
Passing TDs: 5

Rushing Plays: 123
Rushing Yards: 668
Rushing First Downs: 35
Rushing TDs: 5

Time of Possession
49ers: 31:30
Opp: 28:29

Running Snap Count:
Offense: 260
Defense: 269

Through Week 5

Pass Att: 139
Cmp: 95
Yds: 1027
1st Downs: 58
TDs: 8

Rushing Att: 161
Yds: 979
1st Downs: 53

Stats updated.

To add: 49ers are ranked #1 in Rushing YPG at 195.8.
[ Edited by mkmasn on Oct 10, 2012 at 1:53 AM ]
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Again, keep avoiding the topic and assuming. It won't get you anywhere.

150 yards passing on 25 attempts and 150 rushes on 25 attempts is not a balanced team. It is a team that is not very good when they pass the ball.

To the bold, not that I want the 49ers to take this path, but you do know what types of teams won the last 10 superbowls, right?

I avoided nothing and stated nothing but fact. Look up the definition of balance if you are unfamiliar with the term. You are looking at rankings like they are any indication even though they are going to be skewed because of the pass happy teams that are piling up losses. If a team gets the same amount of yards from the same amount of plays then by definition that is balance. I don't know why you would dispute that fact, but the fact remains that this is a balanced team by design. As for the last ten superbowl winning teams, I would say they were the teams that were executing the best in the playoffs. Your wish to redefine a clearly defined word in the English language just to support a weak argument is something that I find comical at best and is a clear indicator that your argument is fundamentally flawed from the outset.

What Joe is saying is that, given the same number of attempts, the passing game should end up with more yards then the running game. Our running game is ridiculously good, which is why it can almost match the production of our passing game.

For example, ending the season with 3,000 rushing yards, is insanely good, but ending the season with 3,000 passing yards, is average.

So yes, our offense is "balanced" by the numbers, but to achieve that balance, our running game has to be much better than our passing game (not to say the passing game is bad).
[ Edited by BrianGO on Oct 10, 2012 at 2:35 AM ]

Through 4 games:

Passing Attempts: 114
Passing Yards: 717
Passing First Downs: 47
Passing TDs: 5

Rushing Plays: 123
Rushing Yards: 668
Rushing First Downs: 35
Rushing TDs: 5

Time of Possession
49ers: 31:30
Opp: 28:29

Running Snap Count:
Offense: 260
Defense: 269

Through Week 5

Pass Att: 139
Cmp: 95
Yds: 1027
1st Downs: 58

Rushing Att: 161
Yds: 979
1st Downs: 53

Stats updated.

To add: 49ers are ranked #1 in Rushing YPG at 195.8.

That is f**kin ridiculous...pardon my french. THAT is football. For all you fantasy nuts who only care about who will score big for you on your yahoo FFL with you and friends...THIS is the stat line that true football students pay attention to. How on earth can you gameplan for a team that can do everything equally well??? Not to mention that they also play some of the best defense in the game and their kicking game is second to none. WOW.
Joe Montana 1982--7.6 Y/A
Alex Smith 2012--7.9 Y/A

Now what was that again?
Originally posted by BrianGO:
What Joe is saying is that, given the same number of attempts, the passing game should end up with more yards then the running game. Our running game is ridiculously good, which is why it can almost match the production of our passing game.

For example, ending the season with 3,000 rushing yards, is insanely good, but ending the season with 3,000 passing yards, is average.

So yes, our offense is "balanced" by the numbers, but to achieve that balance, our running game has to be much better than our passing game (not to say the passing game is bad).
Share 49ersWebzone