LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 295 users in the forums

Week 4: Thoughts after rewatching the game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I remember last year differently. Too many tries for INT and ended up not getting anything but air. The receiver ended catching the ball and scored.
Remember both. When Goldsons on target to take the ball he's dangerous to a QB's stats, but when he's not it sacrifices our last line of defense before the end zone. He seems to have gotten better this year more focused on disrupting the pass without letting the receiver get behind him.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Thanks Marvin--my favorite comment is the mention of Goldson's tip away of the pass in the end zone...what a fantastic play! That's the type of play the D was making all last year but has not been making this year (as often). Just Wow!

I remember last year differently. Too many tries for INT and ended up not getting anything but air. The receiver ended catching the ball and scored. Goldson on that play just simply broke it up. Thats's just good and simple.

I was more speaking of great defensive plays to prevent 'TD...not just by DBs but Justin, Willis, Bowman, Aldon...seems like every week they had some big play to help save the game. This game didn't need saving but still...a great play!
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
While that is a good stat...we don't pass enough to make it a wow stat...

And he said recordssss

I just said he broke a record so its not a lie. and 254 attempts without an Int is a wow stat simply because its going off of quantity of passes (consecutive), not how many passes we throw in a game.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:

And he said recordssss

I just said he broke a record so its not a lie. and 254 attempts without an Int is a wow stat simply because its going off of quantity of passes (consecutive), not how many passes we throw in a game.

I can go out there and throw 5 passes a game incomplete and eventually I will get to 254

He said records plural

Is there any other records AS is coming up on?
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Oct 1, 2012 at 8:08 PM ]
I can go out there and throw 5 passes a game incomplete and eventually I will get to 254

hahaha, wow. How many touchdowns did he throw in that time?
Originally posted by RabidNiner:

hahaha, wow. How many touchdowns did he throw in that time?

Why is it a record?

And he said recordssss

He said records plural

Yes, the most criticized winning QB in NFL history.
it's a record because he went out, won games, threw touchdowns and didn't throw interceptions...I'm confused why it wouldn't be a record?

He said records plural

But he was throwing 20+ passes a game not just 5 so that alot more difficult and given the fact that his completion % was somewhere around 60% thats 152 completed passes without an interception. Im not sure if he is coming close to another record I haven't checked im not obessed with statistics like alot of fans, but trying to belittle what he has done so far just because you want a different qb to start, or dont like the way he plays, is unfair, and really unneccessary. Just my opinion.
But he was throwing 20+ passes a game not just 5 so that alot more difficult and given the fact that his completion % was somewhere around 60% thats 152 completed passes without an interception. Im not sure if he is coming close to another record I haven't checked im not obessed with statistics like alot of fans, but trying to belittle what he has done so far just because you want a different qb to start, or dont like the way he plays, is unfair, and really unneccessary. Just my opinion.

This has become a sort of glee club of sorts. Glee in trying to irk fellow zoners just for the fun of it. If we get irked, it's on us. If, instead, we consider the source and try to elevate the conversation, as you and others have done, all is well in the world. He has admitted he does this for fun and I will take him at his word.

This has become a sort of glee club of sorts. Glee in trying to irk fellow zoners just for the fun of it. If we get irked, it's on us. If, instead, we consider the source and try to elevate the conversation, as you and others have done, all is well in the world. He has admitted he does this for fun and I will take him at his word.

Well if we compare that record to say Matt Ryan who actually holds the NFL record, MR did AS record in half the time

Not trying argue, but there is more than one QB in the league
Well if we compare that record to say Matt Ryan who actually holds the NFL record, MR did AS record in half the time

Do tell! MR is one of the QBs I really like in this league. No problem liking more than one QB. But does MR really hold the record for most criticized winning QB in the NFL? I doubt it but maybe their fans are...never mind...be happy...no negativity...oooommmmm...

Do tell! MR is one of the QBs I really like in this league. No problem liking more than one QB. But does MR really hold the record for most criticized winning QB in the NFL? I doubt it but maybe their fans are...never mind...be happy...no negativity...oooommmmm...

Now that record will never be broken

Ooooommmmmmm...

Ooooommmmmmm...

I'm so happy after the game yesterday that I can't even keep a straight face when I meditate...
Share 49ersWebzone