There are 179 users in the forums

Week 4: Thoughts after rewatching the game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by calinig4life:

Be careful positively responding to things I say or else you will be labeled a bandwagon fan with an agenda for "our boy" CK.
Man, all you do is troll threads to spew bile at people who don't share your opinion....if its so miserable here, go elsewhere.
Originally posted by DirtyP:
So what is the QB paid many more millions of dollars to do? Just toss the ball where the defender can't reach it? Are you kidding me? Thats like saying a starting pitcher is paid to throw strikes and not walk anyone and let everyone else win the game for you

Ever heard of a guy named Bill Walsh? He would chew out his QB coach if Montana or Young weren't hitting receivers 6 inches above the numbers IN PRACTICE

The QBs job is to get the receiver the ball so he doesn't have to slow down, contort his body or stop in order to catch it

So then what in your description is a WR's job catch only perfectly thrown passes?
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Giants are a much more dangerous football team in January then they are in October. They're just built for the playoffs with that front 4 and with Eli's clutch play.

With Atlanta it's really where you play them at. If they get home field advantage they're going to be a tough out but I can easily see them get knocked out early otherwise.

OK thats reasonable, but would you not say we have a defense built for killing clutch play? Lions had there chance in the last season were one of the best teams at coming back in the fourth quarter (the other being the Giants). Atlanta I agree there, but once again it comes down to stopping the clutch plays, and what better way then to keep there defense on the field as long as possible giving them very little opprotunity for a clutch play in the first place?

Let Kaep start the rest of the season and we will be lucky to make the playoffs. He isn't ready or Harbaugh would start him. Smith is breaking records and winning. You are wrong.

Deal with it.
Originally posted by WeAreLegend:

Let Kaep start the rest of the season and we will be lucky to make the playoffs. He isn't ready or Harbaugh would start him. Smith is breaking records and winning. You are wrong.

Deal with it.

Yes AS is having a MVP year... He already is a cy young and heisman trophy candidate
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Yes AS is having a MVP year... He already is a cy young and heisman trophy candidate

NO one said a MVP year. Wait was that an attempt at sarcasm wasn't it? Really though, he's the QB right now people need to get over it and if there are some fans that cant stand him that much they can stop watching until we get a new QB.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:

NO one said a MVP year. Wait was that an attempt at sarcasm wasn't it? Really though, he's the QB right now people need to get over it and if there are some fans that cant stand him that much they can stop watching until we get a new QB.

He's breaking records !!!!

He did, it was a franchise record, but breaking records isn't a lie or exaggeration.
Thanks Marvin--my favorite comment is the mention of Goldson's tip away of the pass in the end zone...what a fantastic play! That's the type of play the D was making all last year but has not been making this year (as often). Just Wow!

He did, it was a franchise record, but breaking records isn't a lie or exaggeration.

Which records is he breaking?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Thanks Marvin--my favorite comment is the mention of Goldson's tip away of the pass in the end zone...what a fantastic play! That's the type of play the D was making all last year but has not been making this year (as often). Just Wow!
yes the demise of goldson and aldon smith is a good example of over reaction to one loss

Most pass attempts without an interception (franchise record) was broken this year. Or did you forget already.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

I remember last year differently. Too many tries for INT and ended up not getting anything but air. The receiver ended catching the ball and scored. Goldson on that play just simply broke it up. Thats's just good and simple.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Oct 1, 2012 at 7:57 PM ]

Most pass attempts without an interception (franchise record) was broken this year. Or did you forget already.

While that is a good stat...we don't pass enough to make it a wow stat...

And he said recordssss
Share 49ersWebzone