LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 239 users in the forums

Moss only got one pass thrown his way

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If he still had "it", would've surfaced by now, right?
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
I agree, and I'm okay with that, Smith foes a fine job with the football, doesn't take to many risks. I think the reason we looked bad in Minnesota was we went away from letting Smith just get the ball out to the open receiver, it seemed to me that we were trying to force it to Moss.

My point is this, Moss has not been that significant and upgrade over what we got from Ginn last year, he's better, but he's not young Randy Moss better!

Would Ted Ginn draw three defenders if we sent him deep?

No, but how much longer will Moss, if we can't get him the ball?
The DBs and defensive coaches still see a threat in Moss, why else would there be 3 defenders in the deep with the guy? The fear is still there because they still see it on tape. Smith and the play calling just have to click with the dude. I'll just say its a ace up the 9ers sleeves. When the time is right, someones going to get Mossed.
Originally posted by ace49ers:
The DBs and defensive coaches still see a threat in Moss, why else would there be 3 defenders in the deep with the guy? The fear is still there because they still see it on tape. Smith and the play calling just have to click with the dude. I'll just say its a ace up the 9ers sleeves. When the time is right, someones going to get Mossed.

Damn rights ...I still believe he will have at least 7 TD's this year
I dont remember, which reporter before the season got the scoop moss was only getting 20-25 snaps a game?
Kaep can bring out Moss' best and Moss can make Kaep look good, so just be patient.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by nevadalove9ers2:
I dont remember, which reporter before the season got the scoop moss was only getting 20-25 snaps a game?

I think it was Schlefter.
Originally posted by RabidNiner:
Originally posted by 49erswillbeback:
Originally posted by RabidNiner:
Originally posted by 49erswillbeback:
Well Keapernick threw long to Moss and Moss drew triple coverage. So I do believe Moss can take the top off of a defense
mmm, maybe we are thinking of two different things. I'm thinking of pulling overhead safety coverage when you burn the corner, not the corner staying with you along with both safeties (or whoever else that happens to be in the immediate area). He didn't burn anyone, he draws coverage but not because he has created problems, it's because of his name.

because of his name? OK!

yes, because he is Randy Moss...the possibilites alone draw coverage. I haven't seen one play that would demand a defenses attention, unless it's the one where he ran FREE into the endzone and scored. Can you think of one?

NOT ONE! Would love to see Randy drawing triple or even double coverge more and Crabtree or Vernon running underneath. Im hoping this is in the play-book. We will see.
Share 49ersWebzone