LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 243 users in the forums

Moss only got one pass thrown his way

Shop Find 49ers gear online
WHATS THE BIG FRICKIN DEAL DIDNT WE WIN THE GAME 34-0??????
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Can I just say this?

We all want Moss to tear it up but who are we to say(not saying anyone in this thread has or hasnt because i wont read all the posts) that he cares about his stats this year? He's 35 hadn't played in nearly a 1.5 years before this season, how we know that he isn't just in it for the MOST IMPORTANT THING OF ALL........A SUPERBOWL RING. I think the one thing that is safe to assume is that him and Jim and a heart to heart about what to expect and he agreed to it.

Who cares if Moss only catches 1-3 passes a game, if we win thats all that matters and that is probably what Moss is thinking too. This is his LAST CHANCE AT A SB and he knows it. He's going to put everything he has into this team, he's a competitor and thats that.
[ Edited by sfout on Oct 1, 2012 at 7:05 PM ]
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
He is doing his job as a decoy, he takes a CB and Safety with him every time he goes deep. I dont see the big deal. The coaching staff sees him practice everyday. Anyone ever think that he just might not be that good anymore?

Maybe.. just maybe.... they don't want to wear out an old pair of legs. I'm almost buying into the "save him for the play-offs" it's the only thing that makes any sense. Maybe Moss is the atom bomb that will end the war?
Originally posted by 49erswillbeback:
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
He is doing his job as a decoy, he takes a CB and Safety with him every time he goes deep. I dont see the big deal. The coaching staff sees him practice everyday. Anyone ever think that he just might not be that good anymore?

Maybe.. just maybe.... they don't want to wear out an old pair of legs. I'm almost buying into the "save him for the play-offs" it's the only thing that makes any sense. Maybe Moss is the atom bomb that will end the war?

This is my hope! He seems OK with it so who are we to argue?
Honestly I would love for Moss to be that guy..."take the top of the Defense" guy. I just don't see it anymore, he doesn't seem to beat anyone. Some teams may give him a 5-yard blanket or leave him wide open (i.e. Green Bay) but he's not blowing past anyone. He drops to the ground when he catches the ball and the only time I've seen him battle was the block against the Jets. I really want to see him more involved but there's a reason he's not.
Originally posted by susweel:
I dont understand what the point of signing him is if they aint gonna use him. They might was well cut him and let AJ play.

Man, Harbaugh uses his weapons according to what is schemed for that week's opponent's weaknesses. Harbaugh uses intelligent scheming and psychology. You think the Kaep stuff yesterday was a coincidence? It was Harbaugh purposely shoving their own wildcat game up Rex's ass and making a mockery of him in front of his home crowd. Brilliant!!. Moss will get his moments this season.
Randy Moss pre-season hype = greatest smokescreen ever.
Randy would get more balls thrown his way if captain check down wasn't the starting QB
Originally posted by Young_Montana:
Randy would get more balls thrown his way if captain check down wasn't the starting QB

What there isn't enough Alex bashing in other threads. 11 is the starter. Shut your pie hole and deal with it.
This guy is suppose to be a professional QB he wouldn't get bash if would stop playing like trash 143? On a wounded secondary C'mon man! He gotta go

Don't care. We won 34 - 0 in a road game. That's good enough for me....
This guy is suppose to be a professional QB he wouldn't get bash if would stop playing like trash 143? On a wounded secondary C'mon man! He gotta go

16-4 the last season+...haters gonna hate
Its weird because he would help us out if we actually targeted him more...Hes getting open...
Originally posted by RabidNiner:

16-4 the last season+...haters gonna hate

You could always have Tony Romo. Lots of yards + 5 interceptions and a loss. But it was pretty....
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
You could always have Tony Romo. Lots of yards + 5 interceptions and a loss. But it was pretty....

Exactly, met Alex's total for INT's in one game...impressive
Share 49ersWebzone